SEQUENCE 12

Truth and Lies

 SEQUENCE 12

 

“I don’t really have to say the reason why I asked you to come here right?” JYP asked as he stood infront of the six men sitting on the couch.

No one dared to reply as they just gave their sight to something else, they can feel tension with JYP’s words.

“Khun, I know everything that happened in my rooftop building.” JYP finally said which made Nichkhun look straight into him.

He actually know that it’ll happen that’s why he didn’t bother to think twice in choosing the venue for he thinks that it’s actually a stepping stone to let his company know about his true intentions to Victoria.

“Of all the places in South Korea, you chose JYPE rooftop to confess?!” JYP sounds like what happened was so unbelievable.

“I actually decided to confess here for I know that it’ll be more efficient for your going to learn about it immediately.” Nichkhun replied which made his other members pay attention.

“I’m doing this because I want you to know my real intentions for her…. but then let me tell you something…”

JYP’s creased eyebrows somehow lessen as he looks at Nichkhun’s expression.

“When I agreed to join these whole pretention things, though I have once admitted to her that I like her, it made me think that this just nothing…. We just have to do it and I’ll just enjoy it…”

“Maybe I just couldn’t fool myself, I fell for her once more and this time I’ve decided to make it real…. No matter what the consequences would be.” Nichkhun got his words from the heart, it was his decision and it won’t change.

 

JYP put both of his hands on his hips as he walked back and forth infront of the group, thinking deep. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and faced them.

 

“I’ve got nothing to say with this… this all a matter of choice and you chose to do it…. You being in a real relationship with her, it doesn’t matter to me, besides, all of you are grown up adult now that’s why I’m letting you move freely….”

 

The six idols was just staring at their CEO, waiting for him to say more.

 

“Nichkhun, I respect you and your newly established relationship with Victoria, but I’ve got no holds regarding how her company would react if they find out about this… just hope for the best…” he finished his statement by walking towards his beasts, infront of Nichkhun and extended his hand.

 

“Congratulations lover boy.” JYP said as he have finally smiled making Nichkhun somehow sigh a relief as he made the hand shake.

 

“Yeaaaaaa!!” the other members joined in as they hugged their CEO.

 

“But I can’t promise anything with this Khun…” JYP said after the hug.

“I understand, but atleast, you giving me those words somehow put me at ease…” Nichkhun replied with a nod.

“but atleast, next time, choose a much more romantic place than JYP’s rooftop.” JYP suddenly commented which made them have a good laugh.

 

 

 

Nichkhun chuckled upon remembering the scene the next day after his confession. He was so nervous but had the heart to think positive regarding JYP’s reaction and he was somehow thankful by it. But this time, what bothers him is Victoria’s company, he’s afraid that they might put some actions if they get to know about this but still, he’s hoping for the best.

 

 

“Nichkhun we’ll get going in five minutes. We’re just waiting for Taec.” Minjae called his attention which just made him nod. Today is the day they’re leaving for Japan, it’s one week after his confession. That was actually the only time he saw Victoria but now, they’ve been catching up through text messages.

 

Good Morning! How was your sleep? :*

 

He typed over and sent it to her, hoping that he could still contact her even before he leaves for Japan.

Few moments later, his phone beeped signaling a message.

 

Morning! :* I got up early to eat breakfast with the girls. :) You leaving already? :(

 

Nichkhun can’t help but imagine Victoria’s pouting face while he reads the text.

 

We’re leaving for the airport now… so…. One month??

 

He somehow wanted to .

 

Almost five minutes have passed and Victoria hasn’t replied yet which somehow concerned Nichkhun. When she’s not busy, she can reply to his text messages immediately or if she’ll be gone busy, she’ll inform him through text.

 

 

 

-

 

“Viiiic….” Her members console her as a pout wasn’t leaving her lips. It was actually her plan to eat breakfast with them, hoping to get rid of the fact that Nichkhun’s leaving today. One month is one month and he can’t go back any time, she knows she can hope that their company would suddenly want to do some fan service but that’s a 10% chance for her especially that their company is now under a new management making the adjustments hard.

The other night, while talking to him over the phone, it made her realize how is it to officially be in a relationship with him. Even though they promised not to make distance as an issue, she just can’t help it, they’re just lucky that they were asked to do this whole pretention things, but if this things will end…. The distance would be more than just one leaving somewhere for a month… it would be…. More… more… farther than she can think.

 

“I hate it, that’s why I should have just left my phone.” Victoria said as she place her phone on the table and took a sip of her drink.

“Seems like things would be way more different that you’re in a relationship now.” Luna suddenly blurted which made Sulli nod.

“I know you can survive that anxiety Vic, in the past two years, I’ve done it right? So I’m sure that you can do it way better and faster than me.” Sulli tried to encourage her as she batted her eye brows.

Victoria just flashed a smile to her members. She’s actually amazed by Sulli, for two years through with ups and downs, she has kept her relationship with Minho private and it has actually made her into more mature woman when it comes to outlook in life.

 

Several moments later, Victoria’s phone started vibrating as she didn’t bother to check on it so Amber got the phone and pressed the answer button.

 

“Hello Nichkhun?” Amber said as she eyed Victoria who was just looking at her.

 

-

 

Nichkhun was surprised to hear Amber’s voice instead of Victoria.

“Hello Amber, where’s Vic?” Nichkhun casually asked.

“beside me, want to talk to her?” Amber replied.

“Yes please…”

 

It took several moments before he can hear Victoria speak on the other line.

“hello?”

 

“Vic!” a smile crept on his face upon hearing her.

“Where are you now?”

“We’re now on our way to the airport.” Nichkhun replied.

“I see, take care then.” Victoria replied…. And he can sense something is wrong…. But he can’t help but smile because of it. Before, throughout the pretention things, he never called her if he’s leaving but he has managed to tell her his schedule such as he’s flying to Germany for this, to Thailand for that and all those stuffs… but now, they’re officially together…. And Victoria sounding sulky over the phone, he can’t help but smile because of it.

 

“Our Victoria seemed sulky.” Nichkhun tried to but received no response.

“Vic?”

“Yes I am…. I just can’t help it, I’m sorry.” Victoria finally replied which also made him pout, he’s happy that she’s becoming vocal with her feelings, but it makes him sound for the fact that they have just started the real thing but he will need to leave… yes Japan is not that far, but still… you need to cross skies to get there right?

“I’m sorry that I need to leave, I’ll make it up to you after a month.” Nichkhun tries to console her over the phone. As much as he wants to bid ‘see you soon’ to her in person, he knows that he can’t so he had no choice.

“I’ll count on that… take good care of yourself as well as the other beasts.” Victoria, although still in a sulky state still has the heart to sound like a mom over the phone.

“I will… I will… I’ll try to call whenever I’m available.” Nichkhun replied.

“That’s long distance…” Victoria sarcastically replied which made Nichkhun chuckle.

“I don’t bother to pay as long as I can talk to you.” Nichkhun replied as he can even feel his ears heat up, meaning, it’s starting to turn red.

“Whatever Horvejkul….”

 

 

“Khun bid goodbye now, we’re here.”

 

 

“So you’re in the airport now…” Victoria’s voice seemed to be out of energy which makes Nichkhun want to see her badly.

“Yes we are…”

“then let’s hang up now… I’ll see you in a month?” Victoria’s tone changed as it seemed to become energetic.

“Yes, in a month.” Nichkhun wanted to prolong the conversation, atleast until he reaches the check-in area. They’re now actually making their way inside the airport and a lot of fans were waiting for them. Ofcourse, they are smiling and waving at them, the usual thing 2PM does, the only difference now is, he’s other hand is holding his phone on his ears.

 

“Bye-bye and have a safe flight!”

“Bye Vic… I love you.” it always seemed to be a courage to say those words in person or even over the phone.

He suddenly heard giggle on the other end which made suddenly made him smile.

 

“Goodbye Khun! I love you too.” Victoria’s reply somehow made him at ease.

 

 

“Lover boy seemed to have a nice conversation.” Jun K suddenly said as he patted Nichkhun’s back which just made him chuckle.

 

 

-

 

A week have passed and Victoria is getting busy for another leg of SMTown concert in Beijing. Due to popular demand, f(x) was given a couple more stages as she was also tasked to be a part of the dance battle. It’s a two nights concert and this time, SM have decided to give a different setlist for day one and day two making it a little bit more challenging to all the artists.

 

“You seemed waiting for message.” Taeyeon suddenly sat beside her as they were having a small break while the others are practicing. Another thing that was added was a special stage for all the group leaders under SMTown which ofcourse, includes her and Taeyeon as the leader of SNSD.

 

“Eh?!” Victoria was caught off guard as she immediately placed her phone on her side making Taeyeon chuckle.

“Ah seriously Vic, the whole Korea knows that you and Nichkhun are in a relationship, you don’t have to feel awkward to me about it.” Taeyeon said which just made Victoria smile.

“Uhm-“

“Taeng, here’s the water.” Victoria was cut off when Jonghyun suddenly showed up as he handed a bottle of water to Taeyeon.

“Ow, I’m sorry if I just intruded your conversation.” Jjong suddenly noticed which made him paid respect.

“Ah no worries, thank you.” Taeyeon replied as she gave him a sweet smile which made Victoria’s eyebrow crease in a sudden curiosity… what has just happen? As Jjong even winked before leaving.

 

Victoria bit her lower lips as Taeyeon’s attention was back at her. She suddenly wanted to ask but she knows she doesn’t have the right as she might just be presuming which what she saw.

Taeyeon chuckled upon seeing Victoria’s expression.

 

“You can ask you know.” Taeyeon said as she gulped her drink. She’s one of those person who can really be open at times.

 

“I… ugh…. Ahh….” Victoria couldn’t find the right word to start her sentence as she didn’t want to end up like she was just presuming over things.

“Jjong and I….” Taeyeon suddenly said which made Victoria stare at her.

“We’ve decided to make it private…. We’re not yet together… but we’re seeing each other.” Taeyeon openly said with mark of sincerity on her voice which made Victoria smile… she never thought that Taeyeon would suddenly open up to her. Yes, they’ve been together in one company for some years, she’s her senior making her look up to her in order to be a good leader…. But she have never imagined this situation to happen between them now.

 

“Seeing each other… can be labeled as exclusively dating?” Victoria asked which made Taeyeon nod.

“Jjong, he has always been special… I’ve always liked his voice and personality… but I have never imagined being in a relationship with him…. Not until recently…” Taeyeon started to share which made Victoria adjust her position so she can actually face her.

“The whole promotions and such… I found him really sweet and caring… at first I thought it was just because of the promotions… but I was wrong, he once told me that he likes me… more than just his senior and such…. That made me realize that mine wasn’t just a mere admiration but something deeper...” Taeyeon continued as Victoria nods in acknowledgement of her words.

“I was surprised when he asked me about this dating thing…. he also said that he was afraid, and so am I…. but we can’t be controlled forever right?”

Victoria was just silently listening to her words.

“Yoona and Seung Gi, Sooyoung and Kyung Ho… you and Nichkhun…. All of you have decided to openly reveal your relationship… having it private for years made me think that if you can, why can’t I right? That made me decide to accept him… I don’t want to waste this feeling of mine to him just because I’m afraid…” Taeyeon’s eyes were even misty as she speaks which made Victoria smile and held her hand.

“I’m happy for you and Jjong… I’m sure that you can prosper more from this dating stage… it’s not easy to be in a certain situation that you have to hide… but that makes things grow more deeper… the love, understanding and trust… I know that you’ll be able to develop it more.” Victoria spoke from the heart…. Not only basing from her experience that is just starting… but also thinking about Sulli and Minho as she has witnessed how the two prosper from just a mere crush, dating until being in a relationship. She can also add Key and Eunji on the list as she hopes that their relationship wouldn’t be affected by Key’s involvement in We Got Married Global.

 

 

-

 

“Okay five minutes break.” Their Japanese choreographer announced which made them sit on the floor. They’ve been in Japan for a week and through out the week, they have been tasked to rehearse, record, rehearse, record…. And the cycle continues. This Japanese album of theirs is expected to hit the chart high as their first Japanese album hit way beyond their expectations which put pressure to the boys.

Nichkhun wanted to contact Victoria but he was sure that she’s busy by now as she have told him over the phone that they are preparing for SMTown Beijing. Knowing about the new management of SM, he knows that it’ll be a bit harder on them which made him put away the idea and just concentrate on practicing.

 

“Seems like you boys lost some weight.” Someone said from the door which made them turn their attention to there, it was Minjae. They happen to finally smile in seeing their manager. He wasn’t able to come with them since he needed to attend to some things regarding their future schedules as it was totally packed making him make a lot of adjustments which delayed his flight to Japan.

“Minjaae!” they excitedly shouted as they ran towards him for a group hug. He became like their older brother and seemed like a father on the same it. Being surrounded by the Japanese staffs made their life a bit tougher than before since Minjae was around.

“How are you doing?” Minjae asked.

“Tired.” They chorused as they returned to the floor making Minjae chuckle.

“I got this Chinese Ginseng, might want to drink it later after rehearsal.” Minjae said as he lifted the paper bag he was holding.

“That’ll be good.”

“Oh, and this ginseng came from Victoria.” Minjae added.

Upon hearing Victoria’s name, Nichkhun immediately got up from lying down on the floor.

“Victoria?” he clarified.

“Yup… we happen to see each other on Music Core when I checked on your schedule… she then told me to wait for her on the parking lot then she gave me those ginseng for you beasts.” Minjae narrated which made Nichkhun nodded…. But he can’t help but smile, Victoria is really concerned over him and his group.

“aaah…. Khun call Vic and tell him we’re thank ful for the ginseng.” Taec commanded as he was about to get his phone when Minjae stopped him.

“Wait, you might want to receive this first before dialing the call.” Minjae said as he handed Nichkhun the other paper bag.

He immediately got it after he read his name on the card of the paper bag.

“Oooh… there’s a letter! Read it! Read it!” Chansung suddenly said which made the others cheer as well.

“Aissh! This is supposed to be private!”

“Nope, now read it.” Wooyoung countered which just made him scratch his name and got the card.

 

 

Dear Nichkhun,

How are you? I hope you and your group is doing well. I’m doing fine myself. I gave Minjae the Chinese Ginseng for the whole group, and this is for you. Take good care of yourself. I miss you! :*

Sending lots of love,

Victoria <3

 

Nichkhun can’t help but smile with her simple message. He then opened the paper bag revealing several spray, patches and several things for muscle and body pain… it made him smile for more. She’s really attentive…. And he believe that she really have monitored him online since he has tweeted the other day saying

‘Muscle pain everywhere… 2PM Japanese Album soon!’

 

“I knew it, we should have not let him read it.” Junho said sounding so disappointed which made the others agree and laughed.

Nichkhun then got his phone and dialed her number. Few more rings and the other line was answered.

“Hello Khun?” Victoria’s sweet voice welcomed him which made her smile.

“Thank you Victoria!” the beasts chorused as Victoria’s laugh was heard on the other line.

“You’re welcome…. So it has arrived?” Victoria replied, this time Nichkhun has turned off the speaker and got a bit of distance from s.

“Yes, Minjae immediately gave it to us when he arrived, thank you…. you really checked on me online didn’t you?” Nichkhun kidded which made Victoria giggle on the other line.

“Can’t help it, I met Jokwon on MBC the other day and he told me that you and your members are having a hard time with the rehearsals with the Japanese staffs… that made me check you online.” Victoria explained.

“So you’ve also read about the extension?” Nichkhun took several deep breathes before saying those words. Silence enveloped the other line before Victoria cleared .

“I did… no worries, I know it’s for the fans… “ Victoria replied… it somehow made Nichkhun feel bad. It’s just been a week and they were just supposed to wait for three weeks more before their return in Korea but it happened that something went wrong that they needed to extend for two weeks or even one month which made him wanted to protest… but he was afraid that it’ll reach JYP, he didn’t want his work to be affected by his relationship so he didn’t have a choice.

“I’m sorry Vic…”

“You don’t have to say sorry Khun… it’s alright, really.” Victoria tried to convince him that she’s okay.

 

 

They talked for a several more minutes before Nichkhun was again called to resume the rehearsals.

“I’m hanging up now, take care of yourself okay?”

“Okay, you  too! Don’t strain yourself too much….”

“I miss you Vic…” Nichkhun can’t help but pout while saying those words. Its way too different from the time when they were just pretending… yes he misses seeing her…. but now that they’re officially together, it made him long for her more as if he’s not seeing her for a year.

“I miss you too Khun… I know you’re being called now… I’m hanging up.”

“I love you!”

“I love you too!”

 

“Maybe that call gave you some energy right?” Minjae suddenly said which just made Nichkhun smile as he handed him his phone for him to resume the rehearsal.

 

 

-

 

“Are they serious?!” Amber wanted to protest as they are now being escorted. It’s a mid-year celebration of Music Bank and their invited to perform in the concert. The cliché is, they’re sharing dressing room. It’s not really an issue to them since they’ve shared dressing rooms several times already. There was also a time that they had this girls dressing room and guy’s dressing room making it less spacious but was also fun….

But what made Amber react that way was when they were informed about the group they were going to share dressing room as they first thought that it was going to be A-pink.

“Yes Amber, we happened to just randomly shuffle the room assignments and since they’re more in number compared to you, we’ve decided to let the dressing room seven be used by only two groups.” The staff explained which just made Amber nod.

“Is it really final?” Krystal suddenly butted in which made the staff’s brow crease, curios about the the reaction of the girls.

“Its-“

“Actually it’s alright, we’ll get inside now, thank you.” Victoria suddenly butted in. she didn’t want to have the girls complain about the room assignments.

“But-“

“Should we just get going?” Victoria didn’t just let them finish their sentence. They then paid respect to the staff before proceeding inront of the room. Truth is, at first, f(x) members didn’t have a clue about Uee and Vic… not until they felt the cold shoulder of the group to them,.

“Vic-“

“We can’t be choosy over this girls… behave.” Vicotria reminded before she opened the door.

 

Eight pairs of eyes welcomed them…. And it suddenly made the air blow awkward.

The five girls tried to sound casual as they greeted….

But Victoria can actually feel someone giving her a dagger look inside the room…

 

And that’s not other than, After School’s Uee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

==================

end of chapter 12. How was it?

honestly guys, I was so overwhelmed by your response over the previous chapter. I never thought that you'll be reacting that way and I'm very-very-very thankful for that since as what I've said, your comments made me keep going :)

so.....

comments? :D

thank you so muuch!