SEQUENCE 8

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 8

 

“Are we that early?” Chansung asked as they enter the location just to find the whole crew already set up.

“You were saying?” Nichkhun mocked him which just made the giant maknae scratch his nape. Truth is, the early schedule of recording made him get up of the bed earlier than his usual since they were informed that there would be a lot of known guests for the taping today.

“You’re just asking this way because we’re playing badminton…” Nichkhun teased.

“Seriously Khun??!”

 

“Oh 2PM is here… we’ll be starting the recording in a few… just have your make up retouched for a while.” The director instructed after they have paid respect.

 

 

 

As the camera’s light turned to red, it signaled the start of the recording. They are off to record a special episode for Cool Kiz on The Block which is entitled ‘The Badminton Returns’ and that’s the reason why Nichkhun and Chansung were again invited to join the segment.

 

As the guests are starting to be revealed, the artists were amaze on seeing Korea’s badminton champion, Lee Yongdae, Yeonseong, national team coaches Taekwon and Dongsoo , badminton gods Joobong and Dongmoon.

 

They also started training with the badminton gods in order to do good with the match for cool kiz which is the first time to happen in the show. The group was divided into two: Red team are Mangi, Changmin, John Park, Yongdae, Yeonseong and Taekwon. While blue team is composed of Hodong, Chansung, Nichkhun, Dongsoo, Joobong and Dongmoon. It was a great line up for each team which made everyone more excited with the coming match the next day where they invited fans to come and watch.

 

 

-

 

“How are you?” Victoria asked over the phone as she received a call from Nichkhun, past eight in the evening.

 

“I’m doing good, I’m just tired with a training earlier.” Nichkhun replied with a smile though Victoria can’t see it. After contemplating about ‘confessing’ for the second time, Nichkhun decided to delay it first and build a better and stronger ‘relationship’ with Victoria. Since then, he started to reach out to her more, even though they’re both busy, he tries to call her even just for five minutes or atleast text her…. and what makes him like it more is the fact that despite of her busy schedule, she also find time to answer his call and text messages.

 

“You should take a rest… the match is tomorrow right?” Victoria’s voice has a hint of worry which made Nichkhun smile for more, he reminisces the time when they were still filming WGM.

 

“How did you know?”

 

“It’s a viral thing in the internet and among other idols… you’ll get to play and watch the badminton gods… that’s really something.”

 

“Well, you’re right… I was under coach Dongsoo earlier for training… my shoulder and arms are tired because of it.” Nichkhun then massaged his shoulders since It’s true, he’s tired over the training. It’s a no joke training with them as Chansung even fell asleep while they were on their way home, tired of the training.

 

“Use muscle spray before sleeping so you’ll be comfortable.” Victoria’s motherly side is again out which made Nichkhun smile even more as he recalled the last day of their practice for their stage in MBC Gayo Daejun during their WGM era.

 

“I will Vic since you said it.”

 

 

-

 

 

“Victoria are we off to go?” Jae asked as he carried Victoria’s gym bag for her schedule today. Victoria checked her hand bag first to make sure she has brought all she needed before she nodded and headed out with Jae.

 

“I won’t be able to be with you in this schedule so I’ll have your PAs stay with you.” Jae instructed inside the car as Victoria nodded…. With a smile. Her excitement can’t be hidden now.

 

“You’re too excited huh.” Jae commented as he saw her expression.

 

“I know it’s too obvious so I won’t ask… but yeah I am… it’s been some time.” Victoria replied.

 

“Do well and surprise them… make us proud.” Jae’s words made Victoria laugh. It was as if he’s her mom saying those things.

 

 

-

 

The most awaited game is about to start. Howls and cheers echoes all over the small court as both teams made their entrance. Fans were excited and looking forward for a good match between them.

 

After Hodong reiterated the criteria, the match started as singles between him and John Park. The game was fun and everyone were enjoying especially when Hodong starts stalling. After reaching the score of seven, Chansung is tasked to join Hodong as Changmin is tasked to join John Park to play doubles.

 

As the blue team reached the score of 14, time out was called before letting the last members of the trio team to join for the score of 21.

 

The game is about to start when the Director walked towards the referee to give him a cue card. His eyes widen as his eye brow rose upon reading it.

 

“What is it?” Hodong asked as the referee handed it to him to do his job as the MC.

 

“Oh! Lady member?” Hodong read the cue card. It says that each team will have an additional lady member.

 

“but they haven’t trained with us.”

 

“Who are they?”

 

“Idols?”

 

Several questions came from them as fans also got curious.

 

 

 

-

 

“Are you nervous?” Hyo Jung asked Victoria whose busy gripping her racket.

 

“I am… I’ll be playing against a Korean champion later…” Victoria said as she looks at her which made her laugh.

 

“I have stopped playing for three years, that gives you an advantage.” Hyo Jung tries to motivate her.

 

“When you stopped playing, that’s when I started learning.”

 

“Let’s just give them a good game later and see what will happen.”

 

 

-

 

 

“Let’s welcome! The lady members!” Hodong announced as he was tasked too… though he was also clueless regarding who is who with the lady members.

 

 

Everyone was surprised when both doors open, revealing two ladies in white…. And what surprised them was seeing the once a badminton champion for Korea, Lee Hyo-jung…. But what made fans gasp was seeing Victoria Song, an idol ran as she hold fans as she passes on them….

 

But ofcourse…

 

 

 

It’s Nichkhun who’s more surprised than others…

 

 

How can Victoria be around here? He’s not putting her down nor not trusting her skills… but as far as he knows, Victoria isn’t a good player who can play with professionals… and now, seeing Hyo-jung as the other lady member, he knows that she’ll get to play with her… then what will happen?

 

“Ooooh! It’s Victoria and Hyo-jung!” Hodong announced which made the crowd cheer for more. Chansung patted Nichkhun’s back who was surprised with her appearance. They have talked last night but she didn’t mention anything about this.

 

Victoria and Hyo-jung paid respect and greeted everyone.

 

“How are you two?” Hodong asked.

 

“I’m fine… I miss playing badminton.” Hyo-jung replied.

 

“I’m…. nervous… I don’t even know why I’m holding a racket… I thought I was just going to dance.” Victoria replied with a laugh which made them laugh as well. As if on cue, f(x)’s newest song which also became a dance craze played as everyone started dancing with it, Victoria being on lead.

 

After the chorus ended everyone applauded as even the badminton gods danced along with the song.

 

“Thank you… that’s it… I’m out of here.” Victoria said while chuckling as she acted like she’s going out of the court but Nichkhun caught her wrist and pulled her to return which made everyone giggle over the sweet act.

 

“I think… Victoria’s appearance is a goodluck for Nichkhun.” Hodong commented which made the others agreed.

 

“As we all know, Hyo-jung is a badminton player for twelve years and has been a partner of Yongdae for a finals… how did you prepare for this game?” Hodong asked.

 

“Truth is, after retiring, I haven’t played badminton as I concentrated in getting my masters, getting married and start a family… I has just started warming up yesterday so… I’m not sure on what can I do.” Hyo-jung confessed.

 

“How about you Victoria? How long have you been playing and how did you prepare for today’s match?” Hodong asked.

 

Victoria was blushing as she laughed over the microphone.

 

“Truth is… I don’t even know how to play the game properly… that’s why I don’t know why I’m here.” Victoria replied as she continued laughing which made everyone laugh as well. Her humor is spreading over the court.

 

Victoria managed to glance at Yongdae who was looking at her as she made face towards him.

 

“But both of you are wearing white… how will we know if what team do you belong?” Hodong asked.

 

One of the staffs entered the court as he has a fishbowl with him. He then said that the two ladies need to pick one small envelop that’s inside it to determine their team.

 

Victoria glanced at Nichkhun first who was also staring at her before picking her envelop. She took a peak at it as she immediately laughed over the color inside.

 

“Okay, in the count of three, you will reveal your team… one… two…. Three!”

 

Both girls showed of their color…

 

And destiny seemed to work as Victoria picked color blue where Nichkhun belongs as Hyo-jung picked red.

 

“We have Yongdae and Hyo-jung!!” Coach Taekwon announced all over the part of the court where the red team supporters stays as everyone cheered.

 

Both teams were then asked to divide themselves for another five minutes of meeting before the trio match resumes.

 

“I’m already saying sorry for what may happen later.” Victoria said with a bow which made them laugh.

 

“No worries, we give our confidence on you.” Joobong said which made Victoria feel even more nervous.

 

“But I’m playing singles… for 21 points against a national player.” Victoria is really nervous now… she actually got excited in guesting in this show… but after learning who her opponent is, she suddenly felt her knees weaken… but she knows that she can’t get affected and should show her best over this game.

 

“We trust you Vic… I know you’ll do well.” Nichkhun tried to encourage her as she just smiled… making the other members tease them.

 

 

The game is about to resume when Hodong spoke.

 

“Before the game starts, shouldn’t Nichkhun get a goodluck from Victoria?” he asked which made everyone cheer for what he said. Nichkhun’s ears obviously turned red as Victoria blushed.

 

“Uhh…. Goodluck Nichkhun! You can do it! Go Blue team!” Victoria shyly cheered over the microphone as fans cheered with her.

 

 

As the game started, the difference between the score of blue team and red team is visibly seen as blue team takes the lead. Each time they scores, of course high-five and hugs to the members are given… and as Victoria is getting excited with the game. They just unconsciously do high fives or exchange side hugs… if it was a natural thing since the game gives them rush… well it does not slip the fans as it were all captured… and ofcourse, the camera focuses them from time to time.

 

As the match came to an end, blue team won as they got 21 points first making everyone rejoice. Of course, Khuntoria’s unconscious actions give the viewer’s more interest over the coming matches.

 

“The next match is for the lady members… Red Team’s Hyo-jung and Blue team’s Victoria!” Hodong announced which made Victoria make face and faked a cry as she hid behind the members.

 

“Wait, both of them are wearing white… they should wear their team’s color.” Hodong commented as he noticed what the girls were wearing.

As if on cue, a staff entered holding a blue and red shirt as he handed their respective colors to Victoria and Hyo-jung.

 

“Are we going to change here?” Hyo-jung asked and the director just nodded which made Victoria’s jaw drop.

 

Hyo-jung, being used in changing her shirt in public every after match just took off her white shirt revealing a tank top underneath and slip her red shirt.

 

Victoria on the other hand suddenly felt shy in changing.

 

“Wait, maybe Victoria is shy to change because her boyfriend is here, what can you say Nichkhun?” Hodong asked with a teased which made Nichkhun speechless as he also didn’t know if he was in favor with it.

 

Victoria wanted to be a professional and didn’t want to take time so she just unconsciously took of her shirt making Nichkhun glance at her… for a moment he wanted to hug her and stop her from it but he thought that it was a usual thing players do during games… as Victoria revealed a tank top underneath and she slip in her blue shirt…. She immediately used her white shirt to hide her face since she still feels shy with what she did.

The others were actually amaze seeing her s-line as she changes since the tank top was fit on her… they can seldom see an idol who was considered as one of the y-queen because of their body… where Victoria belongs to the top ten.

 

They were actually tasked to practice… but the two didn’t do as it is… as Hyo-jung did some warm up and stretching… of course, Victoria did the same.

 

Everyone were actually glued with her stretches as she shows off her flexible body while doing her stretches.

 

Changmin on the other hand can’t help but stare at his… labelmate. He was amazed to see her presence in the match and he’s looking forward for her to play. Though he’s in red team… and he knows the capabilities of Hyo-jung… he suddenly felt like Victoria is going to win over her… knowing her skills.

 

 

The practice or should we say ‘warm up’ was done and the first to serve is now to be decided… and it was Hyo-jung.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, on my right, Victoria!” the referee announced as Victoria did a bow.

 

“On my left, Lee Hyo-jung!” Hyo-jung did the same as she and Victoria also faced each other for a bow and handshake.

 

As Hyo-jung served,  it happened to have no thrill as Victoria wasn’t able to hit it… which just made her laugh as she bowed over her groupmates… as she even picked up the shuttlecock while stooping down… and ofcourse, red team cheered.

 

The score was followed by three more as Victoria would sometimes hit the net or would not be able to hit it…

Ofcourse, blue team are starting to get nervous over her play… as she can also see it in Nichkhun’s expression. She glanced over the red team who was looking at her… trying to figure out what she was doing…. She glanced at the score board seeing that it’s 4-0 in favor of red team.

 

She smiled as thought…. It’s time for her to begin her real play.

 

The shuttlecock is on the ground and she’s off to pass it over Hyo-jung’s side… if earlier, she picked it up while stooping, this time she does what a normal badminton player does, picking it up using the racket which ofcourse didn’t pass by Hodong’s eyes as it was swiftly done by her.

 

“Did you see that?! Did you see how she picked up the shuttlecock?!” Hodong asked the experts as they just nodded and concentrated on the play.

 

As Hyo-jung served… Victoria received it…. And the sound became different. If earlier, it was like a person who has just started holding a racket… now, Victoria made a swing that sounded way different… and sounded professional which amazed her teammates.

They exchanged the racket for several times before Victoria saw an open area as she immediately smashed the racket that’s going on her way…. Dropping it on the open area, making her gain score.

 

Ofcourse, blue team rejoiced for her having her first score… as Nichkhun even hugged her.

 

“That was awesome… do you actually play?” Chansung asked which just made Victoria laugh.

 

Victoria served and the game again resumed….. with a couple of hits… the score is now 8-6 in favor of Victoria.

 

 

“Wow… I can’t believe that you can actually play well! Was the first part just your act?” Hodong can’t help but ask but Victoria again responded with a laugh.

 

“You’re doing good with your game Victoria… just continue it and we’ll get the win in this match.” Joobong said.

 

“You smashes good… you can trick her with a drop or a light hit either… you know your play too well.” Dongsoo can’t help but comment as he observes her play diligently. Victoria thanked him.

 

“Go Vic! You can do it!” Nichkhun cheered on her as she re court which made them gain some tease.

 

As the game resumed… it was being on heat as Victoria and Hyo-jung showed willingness to win as they just score one after the other…. And it’s not an easy score either as the shuttlecock needs to be passed by the other side of the court almost seven times before it drops on the ground if the other misses a shot.

 

The game is coming to its end having Victoria on lead with 20-18.

 

“One more score Vic… one more score!” her members cheered on her as well as the fans that’s in favor of them. Ofcourse, Hyo-jung is getting the same cheer as well.

Truth is, everyone were amazed with how Victoria was able to handle the play with Hyo-jung… it was as if she knows her moves and her play too well… or she has read it easily as she sometimes know when Hyo-jung would drop a shot, would go over the empty spot and stuffs like that.

 

As the shuttlecock is now on air, the two ladies had their game face on. Victoria is eager to win as this is her first time to play badminton on television after her stint in We Got Married… and during that time, she didn’t really had ideas about the game.

 

The game is on heat as the sound of the racket hitting the shuttlecock was different… no one wanted to drop the shuttlecock as it kept on going on the air.

 

Victoria knows that she should end the game already… she needs to win for the team so she finds a way to win over Hyo-jung.

 

They already have exchanged couple of smashes… but ofcourse it’s being hit by the other…. And it made Victoria thought of a plan.

 

As she hit the shuttlecock hard, she knows that Hyo-jung will hit it hard as well.

 

As she did it… she acted as if she’s going to hit it for a smash again making Hyo-jung move near the line.

 

But she did her trick as she just made a light hit which made the shuttlecock drop over the net….. making the game end with 21-18 in favor of her.

 

Everyone cheered as she ran over her teammates… as she ended up being in Nichkhun’s embrace as he even carried her and twirl her around… happy over her win. He actually didn’t have any idea how Victoria was able to play good over the game he loves… but he’s really proud of her.

 

As everyone rejoiced, their attentions were called for a proper announcement.

 

“Match number two…. Blue team wins!” the referee announced which made them rejoice again.

 

“Victoria what do you want to say to Hyo-jung?”

 

“It was truly an honor to play with you… you have no idea how nervous I was earlier… and I learned around in this match… I hope to play with you again soon.” Victoria said with a bow as Hyo-jung did the same as well. She was actually amaze on how could she play well against her… she wasn’t underestimating her but being a female idol… she’s amazed on how can she keep up with the sports.

 

“then what do you want to say to the red team?”

 

“Uhmm… Teacher Yongdae…..” Everyone was surprised when Victoria called Yongdae ‘teacher’ but they ended up cracking a laugh as Victoria did the signature wink of Yongdae.

 

“Wait-wait… did we hear it right? Teacher Yongdae?” Hodong clarified as Victoria nodded with a giggle.

 

“Victoria deceived us all… she actually plays well since then!” Changmin announced which made Victoria laugh as she walked near him and slapped his arm… as Changmin caressed her back.

 

“Deceives us? Why?” Hodong asked.

 

“I actually have a confession to make.” Victoria said as her laughing died down.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I actually learned playing badminton for three years now…. I started to have an interest after we had we got married and I met Lee Youngdae…. After learning he was open to become a teacher, I asked him if I can be his student and after he said yes, that’s the time I started learning the basics until the different skills and stuffs.” Victoria explained which amazed them… an idol trying to learn a sports is not really a thing now… but she does.

 

“So for three years you have never stopped learning?”

 

“I don’t… as I play during my free time as I consider it my exercise.” Victoria replied which made them nodded.

 

“What can you say Yongdae?”

 

“I’m amazed with my student… she was able to defeat my partner… it simply means I taught her well.” Yongdae replied which made everyone laugh.

 

 

Nichkhun on the other hand was amazed with Victoria’s dedication. He didn’t have any idea about it… and he was actually thankful that he wasn’t asked about it since he was afraid that he may not be able to give a good lie if asked if he’s playing the sports with Victoria. But somehow, Nichkhun feels a bit disappointed…. He and Victoria may not have been a couple… but he somehow hoped that it was him who taught Victoria how to play. Another this is Changmin’s gentle touch to Victoria earlier… he’s aware that they’re labelmates… but he’s also aware that Victoria is being paired with him…

 

 

This time it’s Nichkhun’s turn to play with Coach Dongsoo…  and their partnership is really good as the double started with them to score first.

 

Victoria ofcourse does none stop cheering together with the group and all. They were actually looking forward for a good win for the blue team as they all showed how they wanted to win the match.

 

 

-

 

“Everyone worked hard today…. Thank you for coming.” The director said as they have ended their dinner after the match as it even trended to several social networking sites…. Amazed on how the game went on… seeing the national players play against each other… even how artists play against each other.

 

“Want to ride with me?” Victoria offered to Nichkhun as he was about to call Minjae to fetch him. Chansung left earlier after the game since he needed to attend a certain radio show making Nichkhun stay and was tasked to wait for Minjae.

 

“No it’s okay… I’ll just call Minjae and you can go ahead… I know you’re also tired.” Nichkhun replied as he got his phone but was snatched by Victoria…. As she typed a text message addressed to Minjae.

 

“There… sent.” Victoria said as she handed back Nichkhun’s phone. He read it first and a chuckle escaped from him after reading the text content.

 

‘Minjae I’m riding with Victoria. Don’t fetch me, she’ll bring me home.’

 

“ah really Vic? You really want to spend time with me huh?” Nichkhun asked which made Victoria make face as she walked ahead of him to her car… as he just followed, still chuckling.

 

Truth is… Victoria actually wanted to spend more time with him. Unlike the other time where they meet after three weeks, now it’s just two weeks since their we got married stint. She’s also aware that he’s busy with their arena tour and several guesting as he also flies back and forth from Korea to Thailand for several stints there…. Though they exchange text messages and calls… it’s still different right?

Speaking of those messages and calls…. Victoria is actually touched by Nichkhun’s effort… though she was surprised at first with his actions…. Somehow she knows that she’s looking forward for a déjà vu as Nichkhun was also like this before… constantly calling her and stuffs like that…. But she didn’t want to go ahead of the happenings as she wants to take one step at a time for it.

 

As Nichkhun opened the door for Victoria, Changmin suddenly showed up from nowhere.

 

“Oh….” Victoria was surprised with his sudden appearance.

 

“Why?” she asked.

 

“Ah nothing… so you’re going home with him…” Changmin asked as he noticed Nichkhun’s existence.

 

“Yes I’ll bring him home since his manager is not around….why?” Victoria replied.

 

“Ah nothing… I was just going to congratulate you… you gave a good game earlier…. I knew you’ll win… hope we can play again soon.” Changmin said as he even held Victoria’s arms for congratulations… Victoria smiled and thanked him.

 

Nichkhun on the other hand can’t help but raise a brow… knowing that Changmin actually knows about Victoria’s skills… and had even played with her.

 

 

 

 

“Are you that tired?” Victoria asked as she noticed that Nichkhun is silent all along.

 

“No…. not really.” Nichkhun replied flatly…. He doesn’t understand why but he feels bad for not knowing about Victoria learning how to play badminton…. Even though this is ‘still’ pretentions… he just hopes that he had atleast an idea.

 

“Oh before I forget…. Use this…. And give this to Chansung as well.” Victoria suddenly remembered something as she got her gym bag and took out several muscle patches and sprays and handed it to Nichkhun… it suddenly made him smile…. Her concern is really there.

 

“This makes me remember the time we dance for gayo daejun.” Nichkhun said after thanking her and stuffing the things inside his bag which just made Victoria laugh.

 

“I know you need it… besides… you’re off to Japan tomorrow afternoon for the arena tour right?” Victoria replied which just made Nichkhun nodded. That’s another thing with him…. He updates her about what he does or what he’ll do…. Just like a real boyfriend doing to her girlfriend to keep her posted.

 

That’s actually the reason why Victoria wanted to atleast have a chat with him inside her car…. Since he’s leaving for Japan… and after Japan he told her that he’s off to Thailand for UNISEF activities so it will most probably be…. That they’re not going to meet each other soon enough.

 

“Vic…” Khun suddenly called her attention.

 

“Uhm?”

 

“Want to play badminton with me some other time?”

 

[EXCLUSIVE] KHUNTORIA COUPLE SHOWS OFF BADMINTON SKILLS

 

As the recent Cool Kiz on the block recording ended, fans were surprised and amazed on how this two idols and also a couple play such sports well.

The cast line up was a huge one as badminton legends are around to play against each other. Regular hosts of the show were also around as they also have invited 2PM members Chansung and Nichkhun as well.

As everyone thought that they would just give interest to the game because of the presence of the badminton legends, they were all surprised to see Victoria enter the court with Lee Hyo-jung, a retired gold medalist and a nation representative of the said sports. Both became a lady member of each team, Victoria for blue team and Hyo-jung for red team.

Before her game, Victoria confessed that she didn’t know how to play the game properly as she has showed it in the first part of the game. But eventually, as the score came to 4-0 in favor of Hyo-jung, Victoria started to have her game face on and played the game diligently winning the match against the national representative making her gain recognitions from the experts.

As for Nichkhun, everyone is aware of his badminton skills and he simply awed everyone with his expert skills as he was paired for doubles with Coach Dongsoo against Coach Taekwon and Mangi. They have given an exciting game as the match ended in favor of blue team.

Some fans were actually anticipating for a doubles where Nichkhun and Victoria would play but it wasn’t given to the fans yet a lot of interactions were seen from the couple.

Since the confirmation was made, these two haven’t put control on themselves as they let the public see the progress in their relationship from dating in Japan, guesting in the show where it all started which is We Got Married, going natural when it comes to music programs, and now revealing that they actually play good in a game they both love, badminton.

Watch how the match progressed on Cool Kiz on the Block, Every Tuesday 23:00 KST.

                                                                                                                                                                   

 

 

 

 

 

 

===============

end of chapter eight. how was it? :) comments? thank you so much!