SEQUENCE 16

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 16

“What are you doing here?” Victoria can’t help but ask as she let Nichkhun enter her apartment with loads of grocery on both of his hands.

“I just miss you.” Nichkhun sheepishly replied. It’s been a month since 2PM’s concert and Nichkhun heard that Victoria got a two days day off after her two weeks movie filming in China that’s why he immediately got the opportunity to visit her.

“Really huh?” Victoria playfully made face as she turned her attention the goods that Nichkhun put on the table. She was busily unloading the bag when pair of hands suddenly s her waist making her jump in surprise.

“And I miss your cooking as well.” Nichkhun ily whispered on her ears which made Victoria giggle. Every time Nichkhun’ does his ‘y moves’ she can’t help but laugh at him without her knowing the reason why.

“Okay then, I’ll find ways to make a good dish with this grocery stuff you brought.” Victoria replied.

Nichkhun on the other hand nod and sat on the dining table, watching Victoria still busily unloading the grocery. He can’t help but smile seeing her happy… yes… this is also his happiness.

 

:FLASHBACK:

“So what I heard is true?” Nichkhun asked making JYP take a deep sigh before nodding. JYP called him for a meeting with regards a certain Hollywood offer being given to him. He have heard several rumors about it but he decided not to entertain it, thinking that rumors would always be rumors… not until now that JYP is actually opening up the topic to him.

“We tried to keep it from you for the mean time as we tried to settle with the company about their request with regards to your relationship…” JYP continued talking about the offer.

It’s Nichkhun’s turn to take a deep sigh as he massage the side of his nose. JYP told him about the conditions by the company when they told JYP Ent about the offer for him… and one of those is he needs to be single in order for them to work on with pairings for him… JYP also told him that they got the offer before they confirmed that he and Victoria are already taking things seriously.

“The moment I received the offer I immediately planned out how to tell you as well as SMEnt to work on with the news of saying that the two of you broke up…. But then it happened that you and Victoria just took things seriously…. Which made it a lot more difficult for us.” JYP explained.

Nichkhun again took a deep breath to clear his mind. Everything that JYP is saying is clear… and he knows that his CEO is concerned about him… for if he and Victoria didn’t make the reel into real, it would have been easy… but since they’re now a ‘real’ couple, things would be really awkward…. They may make news that he and Victoria broke up but that would be hard for them if they meet again, thinking about the real score.

“Nichkhun I think I already know your decision… but I just wanted to let you know about this… as well as have the answer straight from you…. I know that this is a rare opportunity, but being happy is an opportunity that you got after being with her…. so I… no we fully understand you…” JYP tried to speak in a soft voice making Nichkhun shut his eyes close…. Indeed, his company already knows his decision before even telling him.

And he would never regret it.

:END OF FLASHBACK:

 

 

“Yaaah Nichkhun! Gather yourself up! I’ll call Minjae to fetch you.” Victoria starts to nag after they watched a movie in her living room. After eating dinner, they decided to watch some movies, only to end up with Nichkhun sleeping on her lap.

“Can’t I just stay here overnight?” Nichkhun asked, half-asleep.

“NO! I’ve got early schedule for tomorrow.” Victoria replied with a stern voice making Nichkhun open his eyes to see her ‘serious’ face.

“Oh please sweetheart, I’m tired too! Atleast let me sleep.” Nichkhun pleaded as he sat down and snuggled beside Victoria making the Chinese girl make face.

“that won’t work on me now Nichkhun, I’ve already called Minjae.” Victoria replied making Nichkhun pout.

“Now better fix yourself and hide that pout of yours, I’ll clean up.” Victoria continued as she stood up and started to gather the food wrappers.

Nichkhun knew that he’s defeated so he just ended up scratching his head before standing up and helped Victoria in clearing her living room before he leaves.

 

-

“Are you serious?” Victoria asked for the nth time.

“Yes Miss Song, this year’s MBC Gayo director asked to have you and Nichkhun have a special number… and for the nth time, yes both companies agreed with it.” Jae replied making Victoria giggle. The last time she did it was during their WGM stint… it just makes her feel giddy.

“But before you drown yourself with the fantasies you have in having a number with your boyfriend, why don’t you settle with the girls if what are the songs that you’ll perform?” Jae suddenly blurted out making Victoria roll her eyes and make face at her personal manager before standing up and headed to f(x)’s practice room.

 

-

 

“We’re sorry that we haven’t asked you about what you want to show and such… it’s just that, the director is so hands on that he already got something in mind for each special production that he wanted to have for MBC Gayo so we just did the choreography immediately since… we’re actually running out of time.”  The choreographer under MBC said after their self-introduction. Victoria and Nichkhun exchange glances before nodding.

Night before their first day rehearsal, both was excited as they even spent an hour in the phone, reminiscing about how they prepared for their first MBC Gayo production for WGM. During that time they wanted to show manly Nichkhun and lady-like Victoria. And who could forget about the sudden hug that Nichkhun made when they entered the ‘elevator’ projected in the LED Screen?

 

Victoria’s eyes widen as Nichkhun tried his best to concentrate on the performance. The choreographer and his assistant made the sample choreography infront of them. The choreographer doesn’t want to waste time as for the truth is, they only got two weeks to prepare before the different Gayo prepared by different television companies. The initial meeting was supposed to be last week but 2PM needed to extend their concert tour to three more places as per requested by fans making them unable to meet on that week. To add on that is Victoria is also busy rehearsing for SMTown week concert.

 

The dance actually caters contemporary jazz hiphop… both Nichkhun and Victoria knows that they can do it… but the choreography…. Seemed a bit…. Racy if Victoria would word it.

“You got two weeks to learn and master the choreography, focus and presence of mind is needed in here, I believe that since the two of you is an item, we wouldn’t have a problem with awkwardness here, am I right?” the choreographer said after the dance. Victoria and Nichkhun just nodded without saying anything. The choreographer seemed so strict and firm… a very professional aura yet it makes Victoria and Nichkhun nervous. The other night, they were actually excited to meeting the choreographer as they even thought of several concepts if ever the choreographer asks them. They were even expecting for a JYP choreographer to come since last time, it was SM’s choreographer who came for them.

 

-

“You seemed…. Wasted.” Krystal can’t help but comment upon seeing Victoria early in the morning for their rehearsal. She was surprised when Victoria just suddenly hugged her.

“Is there a problem? Are you sick?” Krystal immediately asked. Amber, Sulli and Luna immediately came near them as they were surprised with Victoria’s gestures.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” Victoria mumbled making them make a sigh of relief.

“It’s given, she’s been doing late night rehearsals with Nichkhun in the past four nights…” Jae said as he entered the practice room.

“You can just rest while we do the routine.” Sulli suggested as Victoria let go of her hug from Krystal. Dark circles around her eyes are really visible now. She’s been wearing her oversized sunnies in the past three days wherever she goes.

“The choreographer is so strict.” Victoria can’t help but complain making Jae laugh since he always accompany Victoria every night making him witness the practice.

 

“Is that the most affectionate way for you to touch your girl? Seemed awkward.” Said the choreographer after Victoria and Nichkhun performed the first three eights of the routine making the two exchange glance.

“I’m sorry.” Nichkhun said as he even made a sly bow. They have been working the whole day and have this rehearsal by nine in the evening…. How could this choreographer expect for them to perfect it immediately? And with the touches and such… they both believe that they can work it out after they perfect the routine… yet the choreographer seemed to be so strict.

“Someone’s looking for you.” said one of the choreographer’s assistant making him excuse himself leaving the two idols behind.

“Does he really have to do it his way?” Victoria can’t help but ask making Nichkhun shrug his shoulder.

“But seriously, he’s like training some military people.” Nichkhun added which made Victoria pout… not until Nichkhun jokingly came near her as he even leveled his lips to her which made Victoria cover her lips in an impulse as they both burst into giggles and laughter.

They were exactly having their own moment when the choreographer returned.

“It would be nice if you’ll put those sweetness and affection you have to your dance.” The choreographer said which made the two returns to ‘serious mode’ as they were again, back to rehearsals.

 

 

“I know your choreographer Vic, he’s just like that because he’s used to teaching and learning that way, everything is strict or should we say in some trainings or work…. Into the book… so you’ve got nothing to worry, he won’t bite… just work well with him… I believe that you and Nichkhun can make a good performance for this Gayo.” F(x)’s choreographer tried to console her which just made her pout… for still in the end… she and Nichkhun got no choice but to work on with their choreographer.

 

-

 

It’s two days before MBC Gayo Daejun making Victoria and Nichkhun feel the pressure. Ofcourse this is unlike what they did in We Got married, they didn’t make any trailer and such… they’re just off to perform… but ofcourse infront of not just the fans but also their co-idols. They know that they have perfect everything from the dance to the stunts… f(x)’s choreographer was right as Victoria tried to analyze their choreographer… after he have seen that Victoria and Nichkhun have done well and is close to perfection, he loosened up a bit.

 

“Is this really my costume?!” Victoria can’t believe what she’s seeing now…. which made her members laugh. They’re stylist presented their costume for f(x)’s stage, and on the same time she also presented the clothes that Victoria is going to wear for her stage with Nichkhun.

“It’s not revealing… it would be okay.” Luna tried to console her.

“But still….”

“This would go well with you… and I believe it’ll match Nichkhun’s clothes so…. No more buts.” Krystal cut her off making the other members laugh… as she just ended up defeated.

Truth is, the clothes were just a simple black leggings, black tank top and white polo…. It was almost the same as her costume during their WGM stage… but then thinking that it’s a tank top… even with the presence of the polo… she can imagine the touchy-touchy parts of the dance making her think of how close her body would be to Nichkhun. To clear things out, she’s not thinking about anything rated or such… she’s just feeling…. Shy?

 

-

 

As f(x) has scheduled to perform on three Gayos… as well as Hunhan TV in China, and ofcourse their recently conducted SMTown week concert, all the girls are busy with rehearsals and stuff, good thing that they are now blessed with good health and are still given time to rest even with the busy schedule.

“Today is the MBC Gayo, are you girls ready for this?” Jae asked as he was the one to them in this event. For MBC Gayo, f(x) is not just set to perform their own dance but also set to perform other girl group’s dance but they don’t really consider it as a showdown or face-off but they’re just off to ‘enjoy’ the show.

“Yeah!!!” the four girls cheered inside the van… since after this, they’re off to China for the Hunhan TV New Year’s special… except for one member… or should we say the leader who’s asleep at the backseat.

“Seriously, is she that tired?” Sulli asked as she glanced at Victoria whose sound asleep at the back since she was rest assured that they’ll have a long ride to the venue of MBC Gayo.

“I don’t think she’s just tired… she’s actually nervous.” Jae replied making the girls nod as they understand how their ‘mom’ give her best or hundred percent for this special stage… since they’re already lucky to be able to experience these kind of special stages.

 

-

“Man, can you atleast sit down?” Teacyeon ask as Nichkhun has been getting his attention while he’s practicing at his side…. Not their dance but obviously… his dance with Victoria.

“I just don’t want to mess up later.” Nichkhun replied as he wiped off his sweat.

“You won’t, Victoria won’t, both of you won’t… I assure you that… happy now?” Teacyeon is obviously…. Jealous over Nichkhun’s stage… as he was also off to have a special stage…. But sadly for his part, it’s not some kind of a powerful couple dance number, nor do a song number… but a gag show production.

“Don’t mind him Khun, he’s just jealous.” Chansung shouted from the other side of the room making Taec make face as he even motioned to throw his pillow to Chansung who just stuck his tongue out.

“Why don’t you just find a girl and start dating.” Nichkhun jokingly suggested making Taec roll his eyes.

“You dating is already too much to handle for JYP, don’t want to give them additional headache… maybe next year.” Taec replied making Nichkhun slap his arm as they both laugh…. It has already been a joke time within their group about how JYP is being stressed out by this dating scandals and rumors so they didn’t want to get involved as 3 members 2AM and a member of MissA has just recently been involved to those.

“Guys, rehearsal time!” called one of the staffs who entered their room making them all gather themselves up to have some rehearsals before the actual show.

 

-

 

“Wow look at that!” Amber commented as f(x)’s enters the stage. They waved along to the few group of fans who has already entered the open venue. They already saw fans setting up their f(x) lead lights making them feel overwhelmed with the love that they’re giving them.

After their stage rehearsal, Victoria was then asked to stay to wait for Nichkhun since f(x) as well as their stage is set to be on the second part of the show.

“Okay so after EXO is your special stage….” Victoria is then being oriented about their blockings, entrance and exit as she was told that Nichkhun has been oriented earlier.

 

 

“What to do… I’m so nervous.” Victoria can’t help but mumble on herself when someone suddenly ticked her side making her turn… only to see her boyfriend smiling sheepishly on her.

“Yaaah!”

“Nervous?” Nichkhun asked. Victoria nodded.

“Same.” Nichkhun replied making Victoria raise a brow.

“Seriously? How can you stay cool over this? Have you seen the stage of-“

“That’s why I questioned Jae why he let you stay here and watch the other stages while waiting for me to come.” Nichkhun cut her off making her take a deep sigh.

“I just can’t help it…. I mean… I trust our choreography… but what if the fans won’t like-“

“And we’ll go back to what they usually tell us… we can’t please everybody…. But what’s important is for us to give them our best… then the rest follows.” Nichkhun tried to sooth Victoria as he even cupped her face and made her look into his eyes.

“So now, let’s rehearse well and give them a good performance later so we won’t have any regrets… are you with me?” Nichkhun asked with a sweet smile making Victoria’s pout turn into a smile as she nodded.

“Good… now that’s the smile.”

“It would be better if you just go to your posts, EXO’s rehearsal is ending soon.” Both shut their eyes close as they smiled to hide their shyness over the moment that their choreographer saw.

“Okay.” Both replied as they walked towards their entrance point.

 

-

 

The show is on its peak. Everyone is enjoying, as well as the idols that are staying at the side to watch their fellow idols’ performance. Each gave their best in their own stages…. The crowd is enjoying the night with them as different colors of light sticks are lighted that moves along with the song being performed by the idols.

“I’m really excited!” Sulli can’t help but giggle over her excitement on Victoria and Nichkhun’s stage as EXO has already started their stage.

“We all are… as well as them.” Amber replied as she pointed at the part of the crowd where Khuntoria banners, led lights and led banners are very visible.

 

 

“This is it! Fighting!” they both cheered on themselves to ease their nervousness as EXO is now leading towards the end of their stage.

“You have practiced enough guys, goodluck!” their choreographer left his last words before batting his brows and gave a good pat on the couple.

 

 

The music started playing…. Victoria and Nichkhun both felt the moment… the moment they both stepped on the stage with the spotlight just on them… it seemed like it was just them performing. The crowd’s cheer is very loud for the couple yet the two got their focus in their performance.

Each step is cleanly projected, each stunt is perfectly done… the chemistry, the affection…. The love… it can be felt through their performance making even the idols cheer on them.

 

The end pose of the dance was they act like they were going to kiss…… they have practiced it perfectly…. But Victoria knows that Nichkhun did something…. She felt that his lips touched hers making her close her eyes…. It was a quick moment before the lights turned off indicating the end of their stage…. Making everyone cheer louder as even her and s gave them their own standing ovation. Their two weeks of tired and sleepless nights were all paid off…

 

“Yes we did it!” Victoria squealed as she even grip Nichkhun’s wrist on their way to their waiting room to change.

Their choreographer even waited for them at the hallway to give them his congratulations as he even saw diligent the two were as well as the response of the crowd….. but ofcourse, he didn’t fail to give Nichkhun an ‘I know what you did there’ look making Nichkhun smile sheepishly in return.

 

 

“I’ll see you later.” Nichkhun said as they stopped infront of the waiting room that f(x)’s use since Victoria need to change for the encore.

“Khun…” Victoria called him before she entered making him turn to face her.

“Yes?”

“The kiss…”

“I wanted to do it.” Nickhhun immediately cut her off making the lady giggle before she waved at him as she finally enters their waiting room.

 

 

 

Every artist that attended and performed earlier are now gathered onstage for the announcement of the winner for the song of the year as well as to do the encore. F(x) came out from the other side of the stage with their co-artists from SMEnt while 2PM came out from the opposite side obviously playing around.

 

After the song of the year was announced, everyone danced along with the song being played as the MCs are doing the extro.

Nichkhun found his way towards f(x) who are playing along with other groups.

“Hey!” Nichkhun called out her attention making her face him.

“Hey! It finally ended!” Victoria replied with a smile.

“Yes… I hope we can do more soon.” Nichkhun wanted to have a longer conversation with her onstage as the others were actually busy doing their own thing…. not until Amber came in between them as she even placed her arms around them.

“Is this couple doing some fan service for the folks over there?” Amber asked as she pointed at the area where Khuntoria fans are staying…. And are obviously looking after them as they even cheered when they saw Amber point at them. It made Nichkhun and Victoria wave at them.

 

Since the stage has long extensions, the idols walk around to atleast give a wave or give a handshake to some fans. Nichkhun and Victoria also did the same with the other idols.

Both are walking beside each other, busily waving at the fans when Nichkhun saw something that was thrown by a fan that holds a Khuntoria led banner. He immediately stooped down to get it… as he obviously knew that it was for them. He unconsciously held Victoria’s hand to call her attention which made her face him. He then showed the stuff toy on her face making Victoria kiss it… it was none other than another Ereumi stuff toy. Victoria’s action made Nichkhun laugh as he obviously forgot that he’s now holding her hand as they continued to walk around, waiving to the fans while holding Ereumi…. And unconsciously doing a fan service.

 

Other idols may have admitted or may have been caught in a dating scandal and ended up being awkward with each other’s presence if ever they’ll be in a same event together… it’s quite different with them as eversince their stint in we got married, it seemed like fans has already accepted their relationship and I was not a bother to them anymore as they just continued to support them… well not all… but most of them making the two atleast be at ease that there are still people who supports and believes in them even though they’re already in a ‘true’ relationship.

 

 

======================

end of chapter 16. Wow that was long.... since I have been doing this chapter since last time... but I just can't finish it... blame laziness -___- ehehehehe.

How was it? :) 2 chapters left :(

comments?

thank you so much!