SEQUENCE 10

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 10

 

“I’ll see you in two weeks?” Nichkhun asked as he leaned over the van’s door.

“Two weeks.” Victoria giggled which made Nichkhun smile.

“Have fun in Music Core, bye!” Nichkhun said as he closed the door making Victoria shout her goodbye before the door finally closed. They have just finish filming one of their episodes in WGM and now, she’s off to stage blocking and rehearsal for Music Core’s anniversary special where F(x) is invited to perform.

 

Upon arriving in the studio, she reconciled with her members, did some warm up before they were tasked to go upstage for rehearsal. They didn’t really take long as they just repeated their performance twice and the other groups were asked to go upstage as f(x) rests for a while.

 

“Victoria.” She was surprised when someone called her as she’s on her way to the toilet.

“Can I talk to you?”

“About what?” her brows suddenly creased by the question.

“About Nichkhun.” That called her attention.

 

 

“Uee, what is this all about?” Victoria is confused, Uee called her to enter one of the rehearsal studios of MBC.

“Victoria, about you and Nichkhun….” Uee started as she faced her. Victoria is somehow startled by her expression. She knows Uee as she has worked with her in several shows, but they weren’t really close.

 

“Victoria please know the boundary between show and reality… Nichkhun…. I like him… I really-really like him… I know I’m being pathetic and hypocrite in talking to you this way since I’ve got no rights…. But it just hurts me a lot when I see him happy with you… when I see fans cheer for you…” Uee suddenly burst as she started crying her heart out infront of her which made Victoria’s eyes widen. Her voice was muffled but she has perfectly understand what was she talking about.

 

“Victoria please…. Please….” She continued to plead as she even got hold of Victoria’s hands. She was on the other hand stiffened by her action, she doesn’t know how to reaction… and she doesn’t even understand if what was going on now.

“Uee!! What are you doing?!” Victoria became more startled as someone entered the rehearsal studio and pulled Uee away from her.

“Uee gather yourself up! We’re next to rehearse! Everyone is looking for you!” Jungah, After School leader scolded her as she even shook her shoulders as the lass wiped away her tears.

Victoria was just looking at the scene, trying to figure out if what was really going on, she’s really confused now.

“Victoria I’m sorry if whatever Uee have caused you now, just forget about it. She’s experiencing some depression now, I hope you understand… if you will excuse us.” Jungah said as she faced her. Victoria wasn’t able to respond but just nodded making Jungah go out of the room with weeping Uee in her arms.

 

Victoria completely forgot about going to the toilet as she just made her way back to the studio as After School is the one performing. Uee was also there with sunnies on so her eyes won’t be seen. Victoria suddenly felt something rush into her. She couldn’t name it but she feels bad. Her performance didn’t have a heart, she looks like she doesn’t have energy at all. Victoria’s thoughts were even startled as Uee was suddenly scolded by their choreographer that’s staying infront, watching them perform. She then saw Jungah talking to the choreographer.

 

“Vic, is there something wrong?” Krystal suddenly popped out from her side making her return back to reality.

“Nothing…” she unconsciously replied as she walked side by side with Krystal.

“Are you sure?” Krystal may be the youngest in there group and may be the one who looks insensitive but that’s completely the reciprocal as Krystal can easily say if there is something wrong with someone in the group.

“Yes, you’ve got nothing to worry Soojung.” Victoria replied as she gave out a sly smile, hoping that it’ll make her stop from asking questions.

 

 

Later that night, Victoria can’t sleep, thinking of what Uee did earlier. Yes she sounded desperate, but there was something in her that kept on bothering Victoria. Is that how much she likes Nichkhun? To the point that she’ll lower down her pride just to talk to her?

The thought of Uee subconsciously brought tears on her eyes.

“Is what we’re doing too much for the show?” she suddenly asked herself. She knows that what they’re doing is how reality works. There are no scripts to follow unless the director doesn’t like what they’re doing or finds it boring, then that’s the time the production staffs enters the scene… but it never crossed her mind that someone is getting hurt because of it.

“Besides Uee, who else are getting hurt because of this?” she asked herself again.

 

 

“Vic, tonight is your guesting with Nichkhun in Blue Night.” Jae informed her as she’s busy removing her make up inside the van. Victoria nodded.

“Have you read the recent news about you and Nichkhun?” Jae suddenly asked which made Victoria stop what she’s doing and faced him. She now seldom opens her SNS or reads news in the internet so she doesn’t have an idea of what is Jae talking about.

“I guess not, read this one.” Jae said as he passes his I-pad to her.

 

KHUNTORIA, FALLEN OUT OF LOVE?

In the past six months since the confirmation was out, 2PM’s Nichkhun and f(x)’s Victoria has been showing their love to all the fans as they are always spotted and interaction of the couple is seen everywhere. But it seems like the couple has lie low as a lot of fans noticed the lack of interaction between the two. After the release of their Yonex endorsement, we heard nothing from the couple.

What really has happen to Khuntoria?

Is this a supposed break up?

Tune in for the latest news of the couple.

 

 

Victoria doesn’t know how to react as she just raised a brow. People nowadays doesn’t have the heart to stop talking about them. It’s true, if before, the interval was three weeks, this time, it’s been a month since they last saw each other as 2PM finished their 2PM Japan arena tour and she’s also busy with her solo activities as well as group activities with f(x).

 

“So, this is the reason why we’re having a Blue Night guesting?” Victoria clarified as Jae nodded.

“I see.” Victoria continued what she’s doing…. But a certain feeling enveloped her and that is excitement. Thinking about meeting Nichkhun after a month, she suddenly felt excited.

‘This familiar feeling… really Song Qian…. Really…’ Victoria reprimands herself in her mind… but her expression says the opposite as she tries to control her smile.

 

-

 

“Khun just be natural later, don’t worry, we won’t be asking questions that would make you and Victoria uncomfortable.” Si Kyung said as he handed Nichkhun the supposed outline of tonight’s radio show.

“I will enjoy this night, thank you.” Nichkhun replied as he scanned over the script.

“Nichkhun you’re here!” Jonghyun suddenly greeted from the door as they made a manly handshake.

“It’s been some time, how’s Japan?” he continued.

“Yes, been busy lately… but Japan is good, we’re enjoying.” Nichkhun replied.

“I’m happy to know that, Japan has always been a nice crowd.”

“It seems like you guys are getting deeper into your conversation.” Alex suddenly butted in which made the lads laugh.

“Alex!” Nichkhun greeted as he also made a shake.

 

“Good evening!” greetings from the outside can be heard and they were sure that it’s Victoria’s arrival. It made them stand to wait for the lass to enter the room.

Nichkhun suddenly felt giddy. Truth is, he was still feeling tired since he came to MBC straight from the airport while his other members went home to their condo. He was oriented by Minjae about the main reason why they accepted the guesting…. And that is the news that emerging over the net talking about their ‘break-up’. He even kidded that,

‘We’re not yet together then here goes the break-up.’

Good thing that Minjae just let it pass… though he’s aware that Minjae knows things.

“Good evening!” Victoria immediately paid respect to everyone inside the room. Nichkhun unconsciously smiled with the sight of her. it’s been a month since he last saw her and there weren’t really a lot of changes aside from her new hair color.

 

“Hi Khun.” Victoria shyly greeted… but what made the people in the room gasp was when Nichkhun suddenly pulled her into an embrace.

‘there’s nothing wrong hugging your ‘girlfriend’ right?’ Nichkhun thought as he released the hug.

The people inside the studio on the other were amazed on how bold can the couple be in showing off their relationship as one of the staff even got a photo of it.

 

As the midnight radio show started, the hosts were amazed on how the number of listeners rises every minute.

“Wow, we’ve got a lot of listeners now, what can you say about this Khuntoria?” Jonghyun said as he faced the two who chuckled over his address to them.

“thank you to everyone who’s listening, keep tuning in!” Victoria said sweetly.

“Thank you for listening! I hope you’re all having fun!” Nichkhun added.

 

“Now to add some fun, let’s have a game for the Khuntoria couple, you have to say a title of a song in each question we’ll be giving, call?” Alex said as the two nodded.

(A/N: I’ll be using the title of English songs since I’m not really that familiar to a lot of Korean songs.)

 

“First question: How do you feel tonight?”

 

“Lucky.” –Victoria

“Heaven.” –Nichkhun.

 

“Seems like the two has different feelings for tonight, now next question, songs you were listening to before coming here?”

“ugh… come back when you hear this song.”-Victoria

“Pretty girl.” –Nichkhun

 

Sudden giggles were heard from the staffs as they heard the answer of the two.

 

“So it seems like you guys are listening to the song of each other’s group?” Si Kyung commented which made both of them bashful.

Victoria can’t help but hide her blushing face; truth is, on her way to MBC, she had the playlist of 2PM play. And she must admit, she was the one who downloaded and arranged the song in her playlist.

Nichkhun on the other hand got every full and mini album of f(x) and he had Pink Tape playing on his way to MBC.

 

“This is getting exciting, next question, what makes up love?”

 

“I’d lie.”

 

Everyone were surprised of the couple’s response as they’ve said it in unison, afraid that the other might say the same thing if he or she speak first.

Even Minjae and Jae who was present inside the room made Nichkhun and Victoria’s response get their attention.

Jonghyun who happened to somehow get the situation immediately talked.

“Wow that was fast, I can’t believe our couple has this so called mental telepathy to actually answer the same song, but we have to cut off our Q and A for a short break, here is CNBlue’s newest single, Can’t stop.”

 

Victoria and Nichkhun were unaware of what might be the reaction of the people because of their answer.

 

How could two persons inlove answer ‘I’d Lie’ when asked about what makes up love?

 

“Wow that was quite an answer.” Si Kyung commented as he suddenly felt tension over the ‘couple’s’ manager as they immediately got hold of their phones as if something urgent happened.

Victoria managed to gather herself up as she giggled.

“I don’t even know why did I say that, it’s just that, I find the song nice… Taylor Swift is nice.” Victoria tried to divert the topic as she glanced at Nichkhun.

“I happened to listen to that song during the plane ride earlier, it went on auto-replay that’s why I can’t take the song out of my head, I was out of answer earlier so I just blurted it out.” Nichkhun supported as he glanced at Victoria.

 

His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I’d lie

 

Those lyrics played inside Victoria’s mind as she glanced at Nichkhun who happened to be looking at her too. He gave out a sly smile, hoping that nothing has gone wrong because of what they said.

 

“Wow, fans reaction are pouring in just because of your answer.” Alex said as he checked on the comments.

 

Why do I feel suspicious with their answer?

 

Khuntoria, is there something wrong?

 

‘And if you asked me if I love him, I’d Lie’ I DON’T GET IT! How can the song make up love?

 

 

And there goes thousand more of comments and reactions.

 

-

 

“Victoria, what was that?” Jae can’t help but burst over what happened…. That was as if nothing to Victoria. She didn’t really feel the tension earlier as she thought that she just became vocal of what was she thinking…

Lie.

 

That’s what makes up love for her now.

 

“Is there something wrong Jae?” Victoria tried to calm him down.

“Yes there is lady! Your manager kept on calling me, asking if why didn’t I check the script and asked you on what are you going to answer before the program started… he also wanted me to report to him tomorrow…” Jae almost let out everything as he was actually pissed off… not by Vic but by their head manager, as well as how SM controls them. Yes he’s aware of all the process that’s happening between SM and their artists… but he thinks that how they control Victoria is more than enough… in the past months since the so-called confirmation was out, Victoria has entered a lot of money to SM because of their Winnie Fans.

 

“Victoria I want you to answer me honestly… just a yes or a no.” Jae suddenly said as he has found time in calming himself. Victoria was just staring at him.

“What is it Jae?”

“This wont reach your manager or any of the heads of SM, I promise.” Jae continued which made Victoria’s brow crease.

“Just say it straight Jae.”

“Do you like… no scratch that… do you love Nichkhun? Or should I say… did the love develop once more?”  Jae tried to catch Victoria’s eyes… but she looked down to avoid an eye contact.

“Jae….”

“Just yes or a no Vic…”

 

Victoria closed her eyes… if there’s a person she trusts other than her parents and her members… it would most probably be Jae.

 

“Yes Jae… it has developed once more… and I’m afraid that I can’t control it now.” Victoria said with a sigh as she didn’t even give Jae a chance to have a glance on her eyes for she suddenly felt like crying. Admitting it now…. is much more harder…. As a sudden thought entered her mind… Would things be easier if she had admitted it before?

 

 

-

 

“Khun, JYP wants to talk to you tomorrow… seems like the fans reacted so much because of the Q and A earlier…” Minjae said which just made Nichkhun nodded. He was quite expecting it as he was able to read some of the fans’ reaction… and he didn’t expect them to react that way. Each of their answers… and even the photos taken during and after the program… fans have noticed something that even he didn’t notice earlier… Victoria’s stares, her innocent looks, her pouts… all seemed to give a message but he can’t pin point what.

 

“The blue night guesting, what’s your stand?” Nichkhun suddenly asked.

 

“Actually… it benefited and somehow gave problem on the same time…. Benefited because the listeners have again felt your chemistry and such… but it gave problem because of the certain Q and A… as much as I want to ask you if why did you answer that song title… it seems like I don’t have the rights as of now.” Minjae replied as he glanced at Nichkhun who turned his attention to his phone.

 

“If you asked me if I love her… I’d lie….” Nichkhun suddenly sang the lyrics which made Minjae shut his eyes close… he knows it…. And once Nichkhun can’t give control over this feelings… he doesn’t know if what will happen next… it would either be a make or break.

 

 

-

 

 

It’s been a day after blue night and the certain ‘issue’ somehow died down as speculations was changed by photos of Victoria and Nichkhun were released… that were actually taken during the time Victoria followed 2PM to Japan… it was somehow a throwback but fans enjoyed the service making the issue of the ‘I’d Lie’ song die down.

 

Victoria is waiting for the girls to arrive since they need to practice for they came to a Lovcat fansigning event which she failed to attend because of some schedule conflict.

As she’s busy with her phone, the door suddenly creak which made her face it… only to see Kyuhyun enter.

 

“Oh Kyu…” she said as she approached him. It’s been some time since she last saw him around the building. Yes, she have danced with him during the awards night with the other SuJu members but it seems like something was wrong with him that time as he just said that he wasn’t feeling well… but after that, even a single hi wasn’t exchange between them… and it made Victoria feel bad… but she doesn’t know how to approach him for she doesn’t know the reason behind the sudden action of Kyuhyun.

 

“Vic….”

 

 

Victoria’s eyes widen with Kyuhyun’s action as he pulled her to his embrace and hugged her tightly.

 

“Kyu I can’t breathe… someone might see us… Kyu let me go!” Victoria struggles to go out of his embrace but he tightens it much more.

 

“Vic… I know that what’s between you and Nichkhun is just a show… you’re not together… I know it Vic…”  he whispered in desperation.

 

“Kyu what are you talking about… let me go and let’s talk!” Victoria tried to raise her voice, hoping for Kyuhyun to listen but no avail.

 

“Remember what I told you before Vic? I like you… I still do... what’s with you and Nichkhun are all remains of the past… that’s way back We Got married Vic…” Kyuhyun continued to talk as Victoria just shut her eyes close… hoping for him to stop as she suddenly felt pain all over her body… struggling in his embrace caused her pain.

“Kyu please… let me go…” she whispered as she suppress tears from falling… not knowing if what’s the reason behind those tears….. the pain…. Or Kyuhyun’s words.

 

 

 

“Vic I like you… I really do.” Kyuhyun said as he got hold of Victoria’s hands.

 

“Kyu….”

 

“I can wait… if you need to finish the whole show between you and Nichkhun-“

 

“We Got Married is done Kyu…”

 

“But for fans… it’s not… so if I need to wait until the anxiety is gone… I will… just Vic-“

 

“Kyu hold on…. Stop….” Victoria tried to control him. Knowing Kyuhyun since her start as a trainee in SM, she somehow knows his attitude… and sometimes his tantrums.

 

“Vic… please listen… what I’m saying is true… I like you…”

 

“Kyu… isn’t this too fast?” Victoria tried to talk to him calmly as she suddenly felt awkward…. It’s not that she’s older than him… but she feels nothing special towards him aside from friendship. He’s been too good to her making her think that he’s like her brother.

 

“What’s fast with this Vic? We’ve known each other for some time… I wanted to stop you from joining We Got Married for I was afraid that you might fall for your husband… but I’ve got no powers to do so…. So I waited for it to end as I told myself that I’ll confess right after it.” Kyuhyun explained as he stares at Victoria’s eyes, hoping for her to see his sincerity.

 

“Kyu…. I’m sorry but-“

 

“No Vic… I’ll wait… really…. I will.”

 

 

===================

end of chapter 10

Oh my God. I really don't know where to start. I'm really sorry for not updating for so long... it's just that, I have been too busy school and stuffs... I hope you understand... And I hope you guys are still there :)

But anyways.... I know the the chapter is a bit... well... meeehh for me :p ahahahahah!

but... comments? thank you so much!