SEQUENCE 11

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 11

 

“Among all the girls here, who do you think is the prettiest?” Hodong asked as Nichkhun looks at the girl idols infront of him. It would have been easier if there were idols that came from his company but not of them came… so he needed to choose one.

“All of them are pretty.” Nichkhun wanted to play safe as he laughs with his statement but Hodong shrugged his off his response.

“But you have to choose one.” Hodong insisted as the other idol girls kept on giggling over the scene…. It’s Nichkhun who’s choosing after all… the angel-like idol that everyone admires.

 

“Uee is pretty.” Nichkhun said with a smile which made the lass blush and even garnered tease from the other guests. Nichkhun just sent her a sweet smile.

 

-

 

“Among male idols… who is close to your ideal type?” Since it’s after school’s promotion, they’re invited in one of the radio shows.

“Ugh… should I really say it?” Uee suddenly felt blood rush to her cheeks.

“Come on Uee, don’t make us wait… or should I just say it?” Jungah kidded which made Uee blush for more.

“Actually… my ideal type changed a bit… but I still stick to wanting a man who’s more into like an angel… and… among male idols… I think 2PM Nichkhun is close to my ideal type.” Uee shyly explained as her members started to .

 

 

 

Victoria sighed as she closed the tabs of the video. She knows that it’s been some years since her encounter with Uee… but since the scene came to her mind again, she can’t help but look back…. As she analyses the reason why Uee did such thing to her before. To add on that is that After School… well not really all… but Uee seemed to give a cold shoulder to all the f(x) members and Victoria knows that it’s because of what’s between her and Nichkhun.

 

“Is it my fault that you fell for his words on that show?” Victoria sarcastically asked as she chuckled… she knows that she’s just making her feelings lighter as she stares at her laptop’s wallpaper… it’s a photo of her and her mom.

 

 

-

“Khun, when are you gonna meet Victoria again?”  Taec suddenly called his attention while he’s busy reading a book. 2PM doesn’t have any schedule now and it made them grab the opportunity to have some rest in their dorm. Right now, the other members are doing their favorite past time… which is sleeping. On the same time, Nichkhun stays in the living room to read, Taec is also busy with his own laptop.

 “Why do you ask?” Nichkun asked back as he have actually realize that it’s been three days since blue night radio guesting… and they haven’t really talked for after the radio program, Jae immediately called Victoria saying that they have to leave since she have an early schedule the next day. Nichkhun didn’t have an opportunity to talk to her even just for a while. They can’t also use their phone for contact since they’re always busy.

“Nothing… I’m just amaze how you trend now… fans really love your tandem… I just hope that everything between you will become real soon.” Taec replied as he closed his laptop to face Nichkhun. It’s been some time since he wanted to talk to him about these things for if there was a 2PM who’s close to Nichkhun, it would most probably be Taecyeon.

Nichkhun noticed a change in Taecyeon’s voice which made him close the book he’s reading.

“what do you mean?”

“Do you still plan to deny it to me?”

Nichkhun sighed as he faced Taecyeon.

“I don’t have the confidence to admit to her once more Taec… I’m afraid that she’ll reject me again…. And this time might as well put distance between us… it wouldn’t just affect us personally but our fans as well because of this whole pretentions.” Nichkhun replied with a sigh as he faced palm.

“But what made you confess before?”

Taecyeon’s question made Nichkhun glance at him…. Right… what made him confess before?

“I… I….”

“Because you like her…because you love her…. and that’s the only thing that’s inside your mind when you did it…. It was a make or break moment Khun… but sadly it was a break…”

Taecyeon glanced first at Nichkhun before continuing is words.

“Now tell me… are you sure of your feelings to her? For if you are… we will do our best in helping you to tell her… it may be another break or make moment… but who know what will be the outcome right? Khun it’s a matter of decision making.”

Nichkhun put Taecyeon’s words into his mind.

Is he sure of his feelings for her?

“Yes, I am one hundred percent sure of my feelings for her Taec… but I’m afraid that fate might not work now.”

 Nichkhun knows in his heart that he’s really sure about his feelings for her… and he’s sure that it got stronger than what was before…. But with all the things that’s happening now… he’s afraid that their agency might know it and end this whole pretentions which makes him aware that it would be harder for them.

“That’s why there is this thing we call ‘risk’ Khun…. Risk.” Taec replied. Nichkhun gulped hard.

 

Risk…

 

Should he take it?

 

 

-

“Ma…” Victoria whined as she adjusted her position on her mom’s lap. She’s given three days break and was allowed to go back to China which is an opportunity that she immediately took.

“My baby Qian is all grown up now… way back when she’s in the Academy and had a boyfriend, she didn’t really had a lot of doubts… but now that she’s inlove again, it seems like she has all the questions in the world.” Her mom playfully said as she combs Victoria’s hair with her fingers. Even on her age, being an only daughter, Mrs. Song still loves treating Victoria like a baby from time to time for she’s very aware that she acts independent and a mommy-like when she’s in Korea.

“Ma… am I too much?” Victoria suddenly asked.

“As what I’ve said… she has a the questions in the world.” Her mom replied with a chuckle which made Victoria make face.

“Maaa!”

“Okay-okay…. Too much in what aspect?”

“Too much in controlling my feelings.” Victoria replied with a sigh. It’s been some time since she last saw Nichkhun… and she thought that the longer they’re not seeing each other makes her lost the feelings… but she’s wrong as she feels like it actually grew fonder… just like when they were in We Got Married. Even though they just meet two times a week, she always looks forward in meeting him the next time.

“Then let me ask you… are you happy?” her mother’s question struck Victoria.

Is she happy with what she’s doing? Controlling her feelings?

“Ma….” She said again with a sigh.

“Qian listen…. It’s not all the time that a person is given a chance to fall in love… and now that you’re experiencing it… always think if you’re being happy with the choice you’re making… for if not… then I guess you better reconsider your choice…. For you should always put first your happiness as your number one priority before considering others.” Her mom advised as she held Victoria’s hands. It made Victoria close her eyes and shed some tears…. Her mom’s words have always meant a lot for her… and now, her, talking about this certain topic that has been bothering her in the past months seemed to give an answer to all her questions.

 

 

 

 

“Victoria I’m here…. Let me just go to the toilet and we’re off to go!” her thoughts were distracted she hears Jae call from the outside of her room making her close her laptop.  

“Okay Jae… I’m coming!” she replied as she fixed her things and went out of the room.

‘Enough of thinking about love life first Qian… time to work.’ She told herself as she waited for Jae and they’re off to go.

 

-

 

“Seems like lover boy has made a choice.” Junho playfully said as he patted Nichkhun’s back which made the latter make face.

It’s been five days since his talk with Taec…. And during those days, he has thought and considers a lot of things. As much as he wanted to call his mom for advice… he knows that he can’t for his mom still doesn’t have an idea that he and Victoria are just pretending for the sake of the company’s choice.

“Stop bothering lover boy and concentrate on what you’re doing.” Jun K snapped at Junho which made them laugh.

“Lover boy?! Seriously?!” Nichkhun countered as he put down his phone after ending a call.

“But Khun really… we’re happy that you’re making this choice.” Junho said seriously as he batted his brows at him.

“And we’ll do our best in helping you out.” Jun K added.

“And-“

“And can you tell me what have you eaten to do this drama?” Nichkhun stopped Wooyoung from talking which made them laugh once more.

“But thank you… I know I can count on you with this…” Nichkhun finally said as he looks down feeling flustered. They may have this beastly image but they have always been a family.

“Huuuuggg!” the giant maknae exclaimed as he pulled s into a group hug.

Nichkhun can’t help but smile. With the support of these guys… he feels like he have made the right choice…

To take a risk.

But right now, he have to put into action this risk for if not, he doesn’t know if until when can he hold his feelings on.

 

 

-

 

Rum pum pum pum!

 

“Okay girls, ten minutes break.” Their choreographer said as she turned off the played. Five exhausted girls then plunged over the mattresses that’s inside the practice room.

“What should we eat for dinner?” Victoria asked which somehow brought excitement to the girls. They may be leaving in different places now but that does not mean that they don’t eat meals together as they really try to do it when time permits.

“Let’s eat in the nearest meat restaurant later.” Krystal suggested which made everyone agree, it’s meat after all.

Silence enveloped them as they try to savor the ten minutes break when Amber remembered something.

“Ah Vic, what are you going to do after this?” Amber suddenly asked as nudge the four, trying to make them remember something.

“Dinner with you…. then I’m heading home…. I’ve got no schedule.” Victoria replied with eyes close.

The four slowly got up as they exchanged meaningful glances.

 

 

“What are you doing here?!” Amber asked in a whisper. She, Krystal and Luna wanted to hide some snacks which made them pass the back door to the practice room. They were surprised when someone in thick coat, cap and glasses came near them, Amber immediately recognize him when he called her name.

“Is Victoria inside?” he asked.

“Nichkhun, you know that you’re not allowed to be here now right?” Luna didn’t give him response as she also wanted to know why he was there.

“I just need to tell you girls something.” Nichkhun replied as he adjusted his glasses. They may be in the backdoor but ofcourse, fans and media can sometimes be too much.

“Wait, someone’s coming.” Krystal suddenly said when the door of the car open revealing Sulli in the front seat and Minho in the driver’s seat, as usual, the two had some secret getaway before heading to the company. Sulli immediately saw the four standing making her and Minho walk over them.

“Nichkhun?” Minho clarified as Nichkhun faced him.

“What are you doing here?” Sulli asked the same question as what the girls did which made Nichkhun chuckle. It really seemed like a big deal for him to be in their company’s ground.

“I need to talk to you…” Nichkhun replied, his tone was kind of serious making the girls together with Minho give attention.

“I’m planning to confess to her tonight.” Nichkhun suddenly said which made the four girls gasp as Minho’s eyes widen in shock.

“You whaat?!” Sulli clarified.

“I’m planning to confess to Victoria tonight.” Nichkhun repeated which made the five SM Artists exchange glances.

“Oh my God.” Krystal blurted.

 

 

Vic is not going anywhere after dinner. She’ll head home to her apartment.

 

Luna sent her message to Nichkhun as she batted her eyebrows to the three, signaling that she has done her job.

 

 

-

 

“You really don’t miss a chance do you?” Taec kidded which just made Nichkhun scratch his nape as his ears started to turn red.

“I don’t think I can keep this for more. This time we’ll be staying in Japan for a month without going back here, I don’t think I can survive the month.” Nichkhun confessed which made him garner teases from s. The Nichkhun infront of them now is way too different from the Nichkhun they met before, this time, he’s a lot more mature and know things in life.

“Then later tonight, whatever the result of this, we assure you, we’ll be here.’ Jun K said the others agreed.

“I have a good feeling that everything is going to be fine later.” Wooyoung interrupted which made them hope for the same, after all, it’s been some years since the two has started to develop this feeling, it was just time that worked between the two of them.

 

-

 

“I really had fun! Thank you for tonight!” Victoria said as she got down of the van to enter her apartment complex. They has just finished their dinner and their manager was the one who accompanied them.

“See you tomorrow Vic!” the four girls shouted before the door closed.

 

She’s back in her apartment now.

 

Amber sent her message to Nichkhun.

 

-

 

Victoria just came from a good shower time after a long and tiring day of rehearsals. She was surprised to see her phone vibrating. When she got hold of it, the phone has already ended and there were 5 other missed calls, all registered to Nichkhun.

“what’s with the sudden call?” Victoria thought as she was about to dial his number when he called again. She immediately answered it.

 

“Hello Khun? I’m sorry for not picking up, I was in the shower, what’s with the call?” Victoria immediately said.

“Oh no worries… ah I was just thinking, are you busy?”  Nichkhun is actually feeling anxious now.

“Well, I’m now, why?”

“Can I see you? I need to talk to you about something important.” Nichkhun replied with cross fingers for what if Victoria won’t come?

Victoria’s brow rose as she checked her watch, past nine in the evening.

“At this time Khun? What is it all about? Can’t we just talk about it over the phone?” Victoria got confused by his sudden invitation, it’s also night time after all, idols that don’t have any schedule are not supposed to be seen around the area.

“It’s… something important that we have to talk about it personally.” Nichkhun insisted.

“But Khun, how?”

“I’ll fetch you there, just be ready.” Nichkhun replied, having hopes that Victoria will come.

“This seemed so important, okay then I’ll see you, just call me if you’re around the area already.” Victoria finally agreed as she notices something in Nichkhun’s voice. He seemed, anxious.

“Thank you Vic, okay I’ll see you.”

“Wait, you won’t drive right?” Victoria suddenly said which made Nichkhun chuckle.

“I won’t… I won’t…” Nichkhun replied.

 

After ending the call, Victoria immediately sat on the edge of her bed, thinking why would Nichkhun suddenly ask for them to meet?

Could it be something about these whole pretentions?

Is he giving up on this? Is it why it is very important?

A lot of questions were inside Victoria’s mind as she thinks about different possibilities.

 

 

-

“Hi Vic!” her eyes widen upon seeing Taecyeon seated on the driver’s seat while Nichkhun was settled at the back seat.

“Hi!” Victoria greeted as she sat beside Nichkhun.

“Just talk if you want to start talking about something, forget that I’m here.” Taecyeon playfully said which made Victoria chuckle.

“What is it all about Khun?” she immediately asked but Nichkhun just shrugged his shoulder making Victoria unconsciously slap his arm. Way back we got married days, she knows that Nichkhun is up into something when he’s acting this way, but she can’t think about what is it.

“How about a clue?” Victoria insisted, she doesn’t want any surprises from him now.

Nichkhun suddenly sang a part of their hit song before which made her pouted.

“Just wait ‘til we arrive, it’s awkward talking with some cat-obsessed beast around.” Nichkhun replied which immediately got Taecyeon’s attention.

“Yaaah!” he ranged, the scene made Victoria laugh.

She then look at the smiling Nichkhun… his face always shouts perfection for her. That what makes her agree that he seemed to be like an angel idol.

 

“Okay we’re here.” Taecyeon announced making Victoria take a peek at the window since it was tinted. Her eyes widen upon seeing the familiar place.

“What are we doing here?!” Victoria immediately asked.

“Let’s go.” She haven’t notice that Nichkhun has got out from the other side of the car and is now infront of her, opening the door.

“But-“

“Let’s go Vic.” Nichkhun cut her off as he assisted her to go out of the car. He then placed a coat around her shoulders as he guided her in.

“Goodluck.” Taecyeon whispered as he patted his shoulder before they were finally off.

“Why here? Is there something up?” Victoria asked curiously, they’re going to JYP building for idol’s sake!

“Let’s just go up.” Nichkhun didn’t bother to answer her question. Victoria knows that they’re now going up the rooftop of JYP building. After all, she’s been there before.

 

Upon arriving on the rooftop, Victoria suddenly felt a certain déjà vu feeling as she saw the piano set up in the center.

“What…”

She can’t finish what she’s saying as different scenes enters her mind.

‘Could it be?’

“Sit here.” Nichkhun said as he patted the chair next to his, infront of the piano. Victoria unconsciously walked towards him and settled.

“Listen….” Nichkhun said as he started pressing the keys.

Victoria feels the sudden rush of feelings in her again. The feeling that only Nichkhun can give.

“Khun…”

“Ssshhh…”

 

Nichkhun continued playing. He was playing Yiruma’s kiss the rain then followed it by nothing better.

Victoria feels the cold breeze of the night kisses her cheeks as she closes her eyes while listening to the sweet melody played by Nichkhun.

Victoria’s eyes opened when she suddenly heard a different melody. Nichkhun pointed at the I-pad on the left side of the piano. Victoria then got it while Nichkhun continues to play.

(You might want to listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SqHBdIs2fE8 )

Close my eyes and let the world go by

I Feel the rain drops on my mind

 

Victoria’s eyes widen to see a picture slideshow that’s being played inside the I-pad. The photos was from their WGM married days… their selcas and screen captions, all in love presentation.


When the time gets hard with nowhere left to hide

Just wanna drop down and cry

 

Victoria perfectly knows the song. It has been the song that mesmerized her the first time she heard it… Nichkhun’s own composition, Let it Rain.

 

Then you came and changed my life

Being the bestest friend of mine

 

Nichkhun can’t help but glance at her while he sings and play the instrument, her fragile expression makes his heart flutter for more.

 

Oh I can’t ask for more

So let them bring it on’

 

 

Victoria glances at Khun and happened to catch him staring. Her lips unconsciously pouted as her eyes begin to glisten. She suddenly felt Nichkhun is up into something now, and she’s now having an idea of what is it.

 

 

Let it rain let it rain

Oh I ain’t scared no more

Let it rain let it rain

I know I got you by my side

 

 

 

Word by word, Victoria suddenly got the message of the song.

 

Let problems and circumstances come, as for he’s not afraid to face them… for there are people who’s there for him…. Which includes her.

 

 

As Nichkhun started to play part which doesn’t have any lyrics but just caters his talent in playing the piano, it made Victoria shed some tears as she immediately wiped it off. In years, what’s happening now seemed to show her how much they have both grown into what kind of person they are right now.

 

Then you came and changed my life

Being the guardian angel of mine woo Baby

Wrap your wings to protect me

Without you I can’t make it through the rain

 

 

While seeing those lyrics, Nichkhun was looking at her, as if dedicating the whole song to her.... she’s also a hottest right? She’s a fan of 2PM.

 

 

 

…. Let it rain.

 

 

As soon as Nichkhun let go of the last key, he finally faced Victoria and got the i-pad from her hands. It made Victoria grip her hand into a feast for she suddenly felt like she has nothing to hold on to without that.

 

 

“Vic listen….”

 

“Khun….”

 

“Please let me finish…. Just don’t say anything yet… please…” Nichkhun pleaded. He didn’t want her to speak for he’s afraid that he might lose his words.

 

Victoria just nodded upon feeling Nichkhun holding both of her hands.

 

 

“Vic…. Since the time you rejected my feelings, I told myself that maybe it wasn’t mean to be… I tried to move on…. As we even got closer. Through our friends, we became casually close and that made me just settle with it…. But due to circumstances, we ended up in this situation, this whole pretentions for the company and the fans. It actually hit me… what if I develop it again?”

 

Victoria can perfectly feel the sincerity over his words as he shares his feelings.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

“Should we call them now?” Chansung anxiously asked as all of them are settled infront of Taecyeon’s phone that’s on top of the table. Contemplating whether to call their confessing member or not.

 

 

“Do you think it’s finish already?” Junho asked as no one replied. They’re all inside the practice room near the stairs up to the rooftop. They’re hoping for a positive result with Nichkhun’s effort.

 

 

“Let’s wait for a little more… he might still be playing or something.”

 

“Why did he even choose a lot of playlist?!”

 

“Ssshh Chansung! Sssshh!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

“And subconsciously, over the months that we have been doing fan services and following our company’s demands, I found myself developing it again… and I know that this time it has become deeper…. I fell hard again Vic…. I’m missing you more and more everytime we won’t be seeing each other for a long time…. I feel like something has always been missing. it makes me look forward for all the fan service that we’re doing… and wishing that it would last for a long time for I know I won’t be seeing you again after it.” Nichkhun continued.

 

This time, he has raised up Victoria’s hands into their chest level as he leaned closer to her, his words would sometimes even sound like a whisper… but it seemed too loud on Victoria’s ears…. And heart.

 

‘he’s confessing again right?’ Victoria thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

“Yaaaah! Can’t you just atleast give us a proper update if what’s happening??!” Amber yelled over the phone making then put the phone on the table for it was even in loudspeaker.

 

 

“We don’t have any update yet.” Jun K replied.

 

 

“ah seriously, you’re the one there and can’t give us any good information.” Luna answered.

 

Currently, the girls are in Amber’s apartment for they all want to know if what’s the result of their ‘father’s’ confession. Good thing that they were able to give a good reason to their manager why they wanted to stay on Amber’s apartment for tonight…. Saying that they want to give something to Vic for her drama’s successful run in other countries that has brought franchise of it.

 

 

“Next time we call, be sure to give us a good news.” Krystal said which made the 2PM members exchange glances, these girls has seriously inherited something from their leader, that’s authority.

 

“And be sure it’s a good news.” Sulli added before they ended the call.

 

 

 

“that means Nichkhun should do good… Victoria should say yes…. Gaaaaaah! How could he not call yet??!” Taecyeon desperately stares over his phone.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Vic, we’ll be leaving to Japan for one month… we are not allowed to go back here for us to concentrate over our promotions there…. And I don’t think I can still wait for a month before saying these things to you again… and as what I said before, I’m willing to wait, you can take your time…. But please consider it….” Nichkhun’s voice was almost a plead as the memory of Victoria’s rejection plays in his mind.

 

Victoria has just been staring at him all the time…. For she has made up her mind.

 

And that is to put her happiness first in her priorities.

 

 

“Victoria… I like you…. I love you….. and I’m hoping that we can make this pretentions into something real.”

 

 

Nichkhun suddenly can breathe better for he has finally said it…. Again.

 

 

Victoria closed her eyes as he spoke those words, trying to put into heart each word that he said for she’s sure that she would want to treasure it.

 

 

 

Victoria opened her eyes as soon as she felt that Nichkhun has lighten his grip on her hand. It made her reverse it as now she’s the one holding his hands which made his eyes widen.

 

 

“Can I talk now?” Victoria asked which just made Nichkhun unconsciously nodded.

 

 

“I don’t really got a lot to say Khun for you have brought me here unprepared…. But maybe I’ll just say something mom told me…. And that is I should put my happiness first in my priorities….”  She paused as she stares into his misty eyes, she suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach, she’s again making Nichkhun cry…

 

 

“So why should I wait for a month if I can give my answer now?” Victoria asked which made Nichkhun’s eyes widen.

 

“Vic…”

 

Wo ai ni…. Wo ei ni…. Ch'an Rak Khun….” Victoria said with a smile as tears started to stream down her face. the cold wind kisses both of them as if giving them blessings… the nights sky glistens with stars….. it feels like a total fairytale.

 

 

“Vic….” Nichkhun whispered as he pulled Victoria closer to hug her…. which made them unconsciously stand to savor the moment.

 

 

“Ch’an Rak Khun.” Nichkhun whispered which made Victoria nuzzle her head closer to him…. Oh how much will she miss him again he’s leaving for a month.

 

But ofcourse….

 

What is more fulfilling….

 

 

Is Him Taking the risk…

 

 

And her putting her Happiness first….

 

 

 

 

================

End of Chapter eleven :) How was it? Again I'm sorry for the late update, I hope you understand :)

comments? thank you so much!