SEQUENCE 17

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 17

 

See You.

 

Victoria was surprised to read Nickhhun’s text message as they’re already riding their car on the way to the airport for they’re now heading to China for their Hunhan TV guesting.

As soon as they were out of the car, ofcourse flashes of cameras are everywhere as people wants to take pictures of them with their oh-so-awesome airport fashion.

“Seemed like the airport crowd multiplied by two than the usual one.” Amber can’t help but comment as f(x) has been invited by Hunhan to perform for consecutive years and since it’s almost New Year, they usually see not much of fans who comes to send them in the airport during this time unlike during regular days. But now, the crowd seemed to many than the usual.

“And I’m seeing 2PM banners.” Sulli added making Victoria look for it. Suddenly her phone buzzed again, indicating for a text message.

Take care of yourself and the girls, seemed like there’s a huge crowd to send us to China for New Year. :*

 

Victoria’s eyes widen as she read the message again… ‘us’… does that mean…..?

“Vic! One fan told me that 2pm is also heading to China for Hunhan.” Luna suddenly came to her while saying those words making Victoria’s eyes widen… good thing that she’s wearing her sunnies.

“And with your reaction… it seemed like this is another surprise from your dearest boyfriend.” Krystal said which made Victoria smile.

“That’s why he texted me ‘see you’ earlier…. Aaaayaayyaaay Horvejkul.” Victoria muttered which made the girls laugh.

“Girls we should get going.” Their manager said as they nodded and waved to the fans before finally entering the airport where only a few fans were around since some are also there for departure or some has just arrived, and even some are airport personnel who takes pictures of them.

The girls then noticed tall guys waving at them near the check-in area… as they took a better look; they then realized that they were none other than 2pm. The girls immediately started to tease Victoria as they made their way to the check in area.

The boys immediately greeted them as they ofcourse, paid respect as well.

“So this is what you meant when you texted me this morning.” Victoria said as soon as Nichkhun stood infront of her. Nichkhun just laughed at her making he make face.

“You didn’t tell me that you were going to attend.” Victoria continued.

“You never asked.” Nichkhun replied making Victoria’s brow raise.

“I have even thought of the reason to give them if they’ll look for you.” Victoria replied. Ever since after their we got married stint, Victoria has been guested in Hunhan and she’s being asked if when will she come together with Nichkhun since truth to be told, f(x)’s fans in China is the strongest one as they are even the most numbered than the f(x) fans in Korea… and to add on that are the Khuntoria fans that continued to support them even after we got married… that’s why they always ask her about Nichkhun and she always reply that she’ll try to invite and bring him the next year.

“No need to lie, I’m present.” Nichkhun replied with a smile as he even batted his brows which made Victoria laugh. Yes, they see each other during Gayos and they have even performed together but it seemed like it wasn’t enough for ever since the time that they started to be together for ‘real’ the time they’ve seen each other, no one can actually think that they’re a couple for they can sometimes not meet in a month.

 

-

 

“Are you really sure of that?” Taec suddenly spoke which made him immediately close the box and hid it in his pocket. They’re now inside the plane, though they took the same flight with f(x) the girls were seated on the different lane making him sit beside Taecyeon. He thought that the beast was sleeping earlier so he didn’t expect that he’ll see him being on deep thoughts.

“You still haven’t answered me Horvejkul, are you sure about that?” Taec asked again making Nichkhun take a deep sigh and nodded.

“Then we’re here to support you.” Taec replied as he even patted his back.

Nichkhun then fished his pocket again to get the box… velvet box to be axact… with a Bvlgari ring inside… and it’s for none other than Victoria.

 

:FLASHBACK:

Two months ago, 2PM visited New York for their concert. They also had some time to roam around the place… and it happened that they were able to pass by Madison avenue… which made Nichkhun decide to enter the shop with Taec and Wooyoung… during that time they wore somehow a disguise and it seemed like the employees there didn’t know them so Nichkhun was able to look around the shop.

“Are you going to buy something for Victoria?” Wooyoung asked which made Nichkhun nodded. What he did next surprised the other two beasts. Nichkhun walked towards the engagement rings display of the shop.

“Are you…. by any chance…..” Taec can’t even finish his sentence which made Nichkhun glance at him.

“We may have been together for quite some time…. But we have known each other for years… and I know… that I’m sure with this decision.” Nichkhun explained making Wooyoung and Taec exchange glances before nodding. They both know that when Nichkhun make such decision, he have surely thought about it and it is his final decision.

“Then when are we going to hear the wedding bells?” Wooyoung playfully asked making Nichkhun laugh.

“I still don’t even have a ring and you’re asking me that?” Nichkhun mocked which made Taec slap Wooyoung’s arm.

“Come on, let’s help the Thai Prince look for the most wonderful ring for the Queen of China.” Taec said as he pulled Wooyoung to look at the rings which made Nichkhun laugh.

Yes, indeed… his girlfriend is considered a Queen of China by the fans.

 

-

“Yeah we’re attending Hunhan! Finally! I have read a lot of tweets from Chinese fans that they wanted to see us there.” Chansung expressed after they were informed that they were going to join f(x) and EXO to perform in Hunhan TV special in China.

 

It made Nichkhun take a deep breath as he fished his pocket to get the velvet box with the ring inside. He usually brings it in his pocket… especially when he’s thinking about how he will be able to propose to Victoria…. Or sometimes he’s actually concerned how will Victoria respond… and what if he gets rejected… those things kept on playing in his mind.

“Khun…. Are you perhaps….” Junho saw him holding the box as s knows about his plan.

“I’m considering it.” Nichkhun replied.

 

:END OF FLASHBACK:

“Khun, you’ve got us at your back… whatever your decision is and whatever is Victoria’s response… we’ll be here.” His mom’s words over the phone kept on repeating in his mind as he has finally decided to do it in China, Victoria’s homeland.

 

 

“Okay guys, we’re now heading to the venue for your rehearsal and set up in the dressing room.” Minjae said as he gathered the beasts in the lobby of the hotel where they were checked in. It was unfortunate that they weren’t checked in in the same hotel where f(x) stays.

 

 

As they arrived in the venue, they immediately saw exo and f(x) playing and talking around while they were waiting for the Chinese artists that are rehearsing onstage…. Nichkhun on the other hand has his eyes to ofcourse…. Victoria.

“You should atleast concentrate over the show tonight before thinking about your plan on asking for the Queen’s hand for marriage.” Minjae distracted his thoughts making him make face. Even Minjae… and JYP knows about his plan. He wanted to atleast, inform the important people in his life about his plan as it is not just a simple thing… it’s something that is life changing and he’ll never know what might happen next… good thing was, he got his friends and family’s support with his plan.

“But have you talked to the girls already?” Jun K suddenly asked, pertaining to the other members which made Nickhhun take a deep sigh.

“Not yet, I’m planning to do it later…” Nichkhun replied. Though he is confident that the girls support his relationship with Victoria…. Asking her for marriage is still a different thing.

-

 

“Victoria, you’re being called for an interview.” Jae called Victoria while they are being prepped inside their dressing room. Victoria then excused herself as she went outside with Jae leaving the girls busy with their prepping time.

“Girls.” They were surprised to see Nichkhun’s face peeking on the door.

“Oh my! What are you doing here?” Krystal immediately asked.

“Vic went outside for an interview.” Amber added.

“Actually I looked after her to go out so I can have a minute with you.” Nichkhun replied… with a bit tremble in his voice making the girls’ brows meet.

“You seemed nervous, what is it about?” Luna asked.

“You’re even sweating.” Sulli added as she noticed him sweating though their dressing room is fully air conditioned.

“uhm… I was thinking if we can talk outside?” Nichkhun asked. it made the girls exchange glances before turning their look on him.

It took a while for the girls to ask permission to go out. Good thing that Victoria was stuck with the press as they even took the opportunity to interview her about her upcoming drama and movie in China.

 

“You’re making us nervous and curious on the same time…” Amber commented as they ended up entering an empty dressing room that was reserved for the managers who would want to have some coffee and such.

“Uhm… how about we have some seat?” Nichkhun asked as even his use of language was even trembling which made the girls laugh as they followed what he said.

“Now, what is it?” this time, it’s Krystal who asked as she even gave him an icy look which made Nichkhun take a deep breath.

“Well… it’s actually… “ Nichkhun can’t even complete a sentence. He feel so nervous as it seemed so different to talk to her members, they have been with her for years which means they are also her real family.

“Aauuggh! You’re making us nervous…come on!” it even seemed like Luna was losing her patience.

“Whatever it is, better say it now before Vic find out that we went out with you or else she’ll be curious about whatever this is.” Sulli added.

“Well… it’s about… this.” Nichkhun took a deep breath before putting the velvet box on the table in front of the girls.

“Oh my God!”

It took some seconds before they reacted as their eyes were glued over the box.

“Perhaps… this is…” Luna took the box and opened it making her eyes widen as the other girls also took a look at the box.

“So this means… you’re going to propose to Vic?!” Krystal asked in surprise as Nichkhun nod.

“Does this mean that you’re asking permission from us?” Sulli asked which again, made Nichkhun nod.

“Oh my! This is big!” Amber commented as he looks at the girls.

“During the we got married stint… though it was just something we’ve done virtually, I wasn’t able to ask permission from you…. so now I’m formally asking you for Victoria’s hand in marriage.” Nichkhun said with courage which made the girls look at him sternly…. As they exchanged meaningful glances and returned their gaze to him… with a smile.

Those simple smiles made Nichkhun breathe a sigh of relief.

 

-

“Wan shang hao 2PM!” the six beasts greeted after showcasing their newest hits.

“Wow, it’s so nice to see you guys!” Taec greeted.

“We didn’t expect to receive such welcome from you, thank you!” Wooyoung added. 2PM were warmly welcomed by Chinese fans as they prepared a lot of led lights which reads ‘Welcome 2PM’.  It’s not their first time in China but it’s their first time to join this Hunhan special making it special for the fans.

“How are you guys?” as soon as Nichkhun was the one who held the mic and spoke, it made the fans go wild on cheers. Ofcourse, who would forget about Victoria’s promise of biringing Nichkhun or 2PM in Hunhan right?

“Thank you so much for the warm welcome, we do hope that you’re all having a good time!” Nichkhun continued with still, the cheers given by the crowd.

2PM continued their stage with the fans’ excited cheers and chants for them. Indeed, they were most anticipated.

 

-

“Oh my! Mom! Dad!” Victoria immediately ran to give her mother and father a hug. She was so surprised to see them inside their dressing room. They have just finished the encore of the show and now, their job is done. The other girls also greeted her parents.

“Wow, all of you are getting much more prettier each year.” Her mom complimented the four girls. Though Victoria visits them, ofcourse she’s not coming with her members so the only time her parents sees her members are during the time they come to visit her during her shows in China if they have time.

“We brought food for your team and members as well.” His dad said as they pointed at the food boxes that were arranged on the table which made Victoria smile. Her parents never fail to give her surprises.

“But, aren’t this a lot?” Victoria commented as she noticed that it was a lot more than their members and glam team count.

“It’s because we also brought some for 2PM and their team. We have also dropped by EXO earlier to meet Tao and give them food as well.” Her mom explained which brought tears to Victoria. She really considers her parents as one of the best as they’re very caring, not just for neither her nor her members, but also for the people around them. Her parents also knows exo through Tao who’s from their hometown, Qingdao.

“Shouldn’t you call 2PM and their team here? I guess your room is huge enough to accommodate them.” Her mom suggested as she wiped her daughter’s tears. It’s true, you may call it a special treatment or what… but f(x) got one of the biggest dressing room from all the artists that were invited by Hunhan.

 

 

 

“Knock-knock!” Victoria said as she took a peek at 2PM’s room making her see the boys busy helping their team in cleaning up before they head out.

“Oh Vic!” Junho immediately opened the door widely for her.

“What brought you here?” Nichkhun asked as he walked closer to her.

“Maybe she misses you.” Wooyoung joked which made Nichkhun throw the towel he was holding to Wooyoung as it made a good laugh inside the room.

“Well, I came here to invite you all in our dressing room, we’ve got some feast.” Victoria said as she looked around, hoping for everyone to agree.

“Minjae?” Jun K immediately called the attention of their manager.

“Well, then I guess I better cancel the reservation I made for our dinner since the Queen of China is inviting us for some feast.” Minjae said with a smile which made Victoria blush with the address he gave her. A lot of people are teasing her about this though she kept on making them stop since she’s somehow feeing embarrassed of it.

“Let’s go?” Nichkhun asked which made everyone nodded.

 

 

 

“How are you young man?” Nichkhun can feel his ears burning upon seeing the person inside f(x)’s dressing room. He didn’t expect to see Victoria’s parents inside making them all pay respect and greeted them. After introducing himself as Victoria’s boyfriend, everyone squealed and started to give a good tease to the couple… but now, what makes Nichkhun nervous is the fact that Victoria’s father is starting a conversation with him.

“I’m doing good sir-“

“Enough of the honorifics call us mom and dad... who knows that it’ll go on that way sooner or later right?” Victoria’s father wittily cut him which made everyone laugh…. As ofcourse, the persons who know about Nichkhun’s plan exchanged meaningful glances.

“Dad, seriously?!” Victoria can feel her cheeks burning with her dad’s words.

“Oh enough of that, I know that you’re all tired and hungry so let’s just start eating before the food get cold.” Victoria’s mother cut the conversation which somehow made Nichkhun take a deep sigh of relief.

As everyone started to eat, they can’t help but compliment the dishes as they have now figured out if where Victoria got her talent in cooking.

“How is it Nichkhun?” Victoria’s mom asked which made Nickhhun look at her with a smile.

“It tastes so good ma’am…. oh I mean mom…. Now I know if where Victoria got her talent in cooking.” Nichkhun replied which made Victoria’s mom smile.

“Does this girl cook for you and your members as well?” Victoria’s mom continued to ask as she pointed at Victoria.

“Yes mom, she finds time to cook for me… and for my members.” Nichkhun replied.

“That’s why Victoria is the best!” Wooyoung suddenly joined the conversation as he even lifted his arm to the air which made him garner a slap from both Junho and Taec who’s seating beside him, it made a good laugh from everyone.

 

-

 

“So, you’re really going to Qingdao with Victoria?” Minjae confirmed which made Nichkhun nod while he’s busy fixing his things. Last night, after Victoria’s parents left, Victoria invited her to come with her to Qingdao to follow her parents for them to grab the opportunity to this time, visit Victoria’s homeland. Since 2PM doesn’t have any after new year schedule, it made Nichkhun agree as the members are also planning to stay in China to roam around the place while f(x) members on the other hand needed to return to Korea for their individual schedules leaving Victoria behind.

“And you’re planning to propose there as well?” Jun K asked as Nichkhun nod.

“I’m still planning to talk to is parents though...” Nichkhun replied.

“That’s my man! Better ask permission from them first.” Junho said as he placed his arm around Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“And whatever the result is, we’re here for you.” Taec added as he did the same thing to Nichkhun making him sandwhiched between them.

“But you better keep us posted!” Wooyoung then joined in…. and they ended up doing a group hug which made Minjae smile. These beasts has really grew up from being some immature idols who doesn’t know anything but to have fun… to a well-known idols who knows their stand in everything and that fact makes him feel so proud.

 

-

 

“Why are you nervous?!” Victoria can’t help but laugh as she got hold on Nichkhun’s hand. They’re now on their way to their house as they took a flight from Shanghai to Qingdao after sending f(x) members to the airport as they just let the 2PM members wonder around China.

“It’s not like it’s your first time… you’ve met them last night.” Victoria tried to console him just like what he did when he made him meet his family for the first time during their we got married stint.

“That’s why I didn’t expect to meet them last night since I was not read yet… and now…” Nichkhun’s response made Victoria laugh… it seemed like he’ll be having a mental breakdown anytime.

“Hey look at me…” Victoria stopped from walking and made him face her.

“We’re just going to my house to have a meal with my parents, it’s nothing more than that so just relax okay?” Victoria said as she squeezed his hands for assurance. Nichkhun tried to fake a smile at her and nod…. If only she knows why Nichkhun is feeling this way.

 

 

 

Nichkhun is enjoying his time with Victoria’s family. Her parents were present, as well as few relatives since some can’t really come because of the short notice making Nichkhun promise to return and meet everyone.

 

“We’ll have to borrow Qian first.’’ One of her cousin said which made her parents and Nichkhun agree. They were all calling Victoria her Chinese name which made him smile. He actually haven’t really dared to call her that way since he finds it awkward for him.

But on the other hand, it hit him. He’s now alone inside the dining room with Victoria’s parents.

“Nichkhun.” Her mom called his attention.

“Yes mom?”

“Thank you.” she said with a very warm smile which surprised Nichkhun.

“For what mom?” Nichkhun confusedly asked.

“For being there for Qian… for loving her and being one of the best men in his life after her dad. We know everything that happened to you as she never fail to tell us a detail… and I’m happy that you have fight for this love that you’ve been hiding ever since.” Her mom explained with misty eyes which made Nichkhun smile.

“It has always been a pleasure being with Victoria… loving and taking care of her.” Nichkhun replied.

“Young man, I’ve got nothing lot more to say as I can see everything in your actions. I don’t really need to tell you more than just telling you to continue what you are doing to my daughter, she’s very happy being with you.” Victoria’s dad added which made Nichkhun smile. He really felt accepted with his words.

“I will dad, don’t worry… I will.” Nichkhun replied with assurance.

It took several moment for Nichkhun to gather his courage… as he even fished his pocket and squeezed the box for some courage… as… this is it.

“Mom… dad…. I’m actually here to ask you about something.” Nichkhun started which made Victoria’s parents exchange glances before looking at him.

“What is it?” her dad asked.

“I….. I….” Nichkhun suddenly felt like he got lost of words which made him glance at them who was just looking at him with confusion.

“Come on Nichkhun, what is it?” Victoria’s mom asked.

“I…. am asking for your blessings in asking Victoria for marriage.” He have finally said it as he look at them into the eyes hoping to show his true self with sincerity.

Victoria’s mom was surprised as she even covered . Victoria’s dad on the other hand let out a sly smile.

“Mom, dad… I know that this seemed to be so fast…. But the years that we’ve waited is more than enough for us to take the next step… and this does not mean that we’re going to get married immediately… whatever will Victoria’s decision be, we’ll be taking one step at a time from there.” Nichkhun explained.

“Oh Nichkhun…. You’ve got no idea of how happy I am!” Victoria’s mom said as she wiped some tears that escaped her eyes. It somehow made Nichkhun breathe some relief as he glanced at Victoria’s father.

“You’ve got my blessings Nichkhun… for I know that you’ll be taking good care of my daughter as much as we have taken good care of her… be happy and stay in love.” Victoria’s dad added on what her mom said which suddenly made Nichkhun’s eyes misty… he didn’t expect that it was going to be this light… this easy to talk to them.

“I will never let you down mom and dad… I will try my best to be the best partner for Victoria.” Nichkhun replied with the tone of thankfulness and assurance… he only got one concern left.

And that is Victoria.

 

-

 

Truth to what Victoria has told him before, their house is really near the sea. It’s night time and they took the opportunity to have some walk since the next day, they’ll be off to Korea again to fulfill their work.

“Aaaaah… I miss this!” Victoria said as she raised her hand on the air while the other hand is being held by Nichkhun.

“Seemed like the sea princess is happy.” Nichkhun said which made Victoria smile and nod as she faced him.

“My family likes you.” Victoria said as she can really say it, they all welcomed Nichkhun warmly.

“And my family likes you too!” Nichkhun replied which made Victoria laugh.

“How I wish that more of this will happen in the future.” Victoria suddenly said out of nowhere as they continued to walk around. It made Nichkhun gulp and put his hands on his pocket to get hold of the box.

“I want to do this again too… to peacefully walk with you and watch the sea…”

“Just like we got married.” Nichkhun completed her sentence which made Victoria nodded.

“I am so glad that we had this time…. Atleast you already got to meet mom and dad…” Victoria can’t help but talk about what happened the whole day. She have witnessed how her parents adore Nichkhun which make her feel relief that they both like the man that she loves.

Nichkhun shut his eyes close as he took another gulp together with squeezing the box on his pocket… as he have unconsciously squeezed Victoria’s hand as well.

“Nichkhun, is there a problem?” Victoria suddenly asked as he looked at their intertwined fingers then look back to him. As soon as Victoria was staring into his eyes…. It seemed like it was his signal. He glanced at the sea, it seemed to be going on with the mood as it was so simple as the moonlight was even so bright that it reflects on the water while he and Victoria are standing, holding hands and looking at the beautiful scenery… it seemed so perfect.

 

“Khun what is it?” Victoria asked again as she starts to get worried of Nichkhun’s actions.

Nichkhun suddenly got hold of both of her hands and lifted it. His orbs were staring at her intently.

“Victoria…. Song Qian… I love you so much… you know that right?” Nichkhun started. He haven’t rehearsed or thought of any lines to say… all he plans to do is say what he really feels… from the heart.

“Ofcourse, and I love you too.” Victoria replied, clueless.

“And you do know that I’ll always be here for you right? I’ll continue to be your number one fan, your number one cheerleader, nagger at some point, cook, I can even be your manager…. Everything for you Vic…” Nichkhun continued which made Victoria’s brows crease… though she really seldom cries, and it even became an ‘issue’ on them as Nichkhun wants to see her cry but she doesn’t show it… but right now, Nichkhun’s words seemed to be so heartfelt as it actually made her eyes misty.

She couldn’t even say a word as she just nodded.

“Now Vic….”

Victoria was surprised when Nichkhun suddenly let go of her hands as she suddenly kneeled infront of her. It made her eyes widen as she even covered , trying to stop herself from crying… as the scene during their We Got Married stint replayed inside her mind. When Nichkhun proposed to her during their one year anniversary inside the bus…. And ofcourse, during the time when he formally proposed during their photoshoot…. But this time…. It’s not some any stint for any variety show…

This is real.

“Vic, I know this seemed so fast and all… but I do believe that with everything we’ve gone through… the holding back of our feelings in the past years… it was more than enough for us to take one step ahead… I’m not pressuring you over anything Vic… but I’m doing this to let you know that I know that you’re the woman for me… and I’ll be trying my best to be the man for you….” Nichkhun’s words were like the waves on the sea for Victoria’s ears… everything seemed so peaceful as she has now finally let tears escape her eyes.

“Song Qian…. Sweetheart…. Will you…. marry me?” Nichkhun has finally said it as he brought out the box and opened it infront of Victoria. Victoria once again covered in awe…. The ring was shining brightly on her… that it seemed like it was only for her….

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She wasn’t thinking of anything right now… but the happiness she’s feeling everything she’s with this man infront of her.

“Ofcourse Khun! Yes! Yes!” Victoria squealed in delight as she gave her hand to Nichkhun. With trembling hands and misty eyes, Nichkhun managed to wear the ring on Victoria finger. After doing his job, Victoria pulled her to stand.

“I’m finally seeing your tears.” Nichkhun joked as he cupped Victoria’s face while he wipes away his tears. His statement made Victoria giggle.

“I love you Vic… so much.” He whispered lovingly with a smile.

“I love you too Khun…” Victoria replied with a smile.

Infront of the calm sea and moonlight…. Nichkhun slowly neared his lips on Victoria’s face…. and made his lips rest on hers…

They shared a sweet and passionate kiss infront of Qingdao sea that witnessed one of the most heartfelt proposal.

 

 

========================

End of chapter seventeen.

Before anything else, let me greet you.. HAPPY HOLLOWEEN :D Here's a 'treat' for you. ehehehe :)

So yes guys, we're now up for the last chapter.... though for me, I would suggest that you consider this as the last chapter. ehehehehe :)

How was it?

comments?

Thank you so much!

And again... yes.... one chapter left before we finally close the book :D ehehehehe.