SEQUENCE 13

Truth and Lies

SEQUENCE 13

 

Amber almost wanted to grip her phone hard until it breaks down. Krystal is keeping her cool but with furrowed eye brows. Sulli and Luna are both showing a poker face while Victoria is just sitting silently on the couch. It was just them left in the dressing room as the staffs of after school came out and watch the group’s performance. F(x)’s staffs on the other hand were allowed to grab some snacks.

 

“Seriously, yes she’s a senior but when it comes to human rights-“

“No one’s talking about human rights here Amber.”

“Then let’s talk about the obvious, can’t she state the obvious that you’re-“

“Get over it girls, she’s not worth it… besides, she already got some taste, let her savor it.” Victoria cut off Krystal as she knows that Sulli and Luna will add something.

“But Vic, she’s just getting overboard! She’s this one, assuming that Nichkhun likes her that Nichkhun is this and that to her… yet all are just in her mind, her own imagination and such… someone should let her check a psychologist.” Sulli tried to pursue their point.

“And she’s even showing us that premadonna side of her… she doesn’t deserve to be an idol… like… seriously.” Luna added which just made Victoria chuckle. She didn’t really want to make things more complicated as she didn’t want to be bothered by Uee and her annoying presence for the girls. She bears in mind that whatever Uee thinks is just on her side, her own perception, her own assumption.

 

 

“Girls you take that side.” Said one of the staff of MBC that was inside the dressing room. The girls then nodded as their staffs started to settle their things. After School seemed to not care about their presence making them not to care too.

Victoria was the first to finish her hair and makeup making her sit on the couch. She started to get busy with her phone to check over the internet. Her attention was called when someone cleared infront of her.

“Excuse me, I believe that this is still our side.” Uee said with a tone that Victoria doesn’t want to hear. It even got her members’ attention. Victoria looked around, the couch is actually located in the middle of the dressing room making it part of both sides.

“Well, I believe that I’m not seeing your name around which technically means that this does not belong to you.” Victoria replied using the same tone as what Uee used which made the latter raise a brow.

“And how-“

 

“F(x) to the first call area!” a staff suddenly entered making Uee stop mid-track. The girls then got ready and went out of the room leaving Uee and her group.

 

F(x) has once again made a successful stage as now they’re making way back to the dressing room to wait for the encore of the show.

 

As they enter the dressing room, there were just a few members of After School which includes Uee. Victoria knows that they’re off to perform on the second part of the show which made her think of something.

 

“Uee, can I talk to you?” she said as she approached her on the couch. It immediately called the attention of the idols inside the room.

Uee raised a brow but eventually followed Victoria as they got out of the room. The four girls exchanged meaningful glances, thinking about following them but decided not too as they know that Victoria won’t do such thing if she can’t handle the situation.

 

After settling somewhere out from the sight of the people in the venue, Victoria took a deep breath as she faces Uee who looks uninterested.

“Uee I just want to get things straight.” Victoria started as Uee was staring at her.

“And you mean?” she asked in a toned voice.

“If you hate me because of my relationship with Nichkhun, then go, just don’t let your group and you put grudges over my girls who haven’t done anything wrong to you. Throwing them darting glares and acting so superior won’t make you nor your group any better… so now, I’m asking you to at least think about that.” That was the first thing that Victoria has always wanted to settle with Uee, she’s been too caught up that even her members got affected.

“Second, I believe that you are too caught up in believing in your own fairytale land that Nichkhun likes you as per what he said during a show… but that was way back…. God knows when Uee! It’s way too different now… I haven’t asked Nichkhun anything about it… but I do believe that he just said it out of the fact that he was asked to choose… but I’m not implying anything here… what I’m trying to say is… atleast…. Let go.” Victoria continued her words as she even made hand gestures, hoping for Uee to absorb her words.

The lass infront of her has showed complete change of emotion, from uninterested to being furious, she was obviously fuming with Victoria’s words. She believes that the Chinese girl used several sub text with her words and she’s not dumb enough for her not to know what she’s pointing out…. And it makes her fume for more.

 

-

 

“Khun, it’s your birthday in a week, what do you plan?” Minjae asked as the boys entered the condominium after a tiring day of practice.

“I don’t know, eat out maybe.” Nichkhun replied as he slumped his body on the couch. Just then he remembered that he haven’t checked his phone since this morning making him fish his pocket.

And his brow raised upon seeing that he haven’t receive any texts nor calls from Victoria.

“Is she that busy?” he suddenly blurted as he scanned his messages again, checking if he have just missed it… but there really no text nor calls from her.

“Seems like lover boy haven’t received any text from wifeeeyyy….” Junho suddenly which just made him roll his eyes. He then stood up to find a spot to call his busy girlfriend in Korea.

 

Three missed calls and she haven’t answered yet.

 

Are you busy? Beep me back if you’re free. I miss you :*

 

And it took more than thirty minutes…. Still no reply.

 

“Seriously, what’s wrong with her?” Nichkhun suddenly got concern, she maybe late in replying but she sends alerts when she’s busy… and he haven’t received any. He knows she’s busy with the consecutive SMTown concerts but, is she that busy to ignore his texts and calls?

 

 

-

 

“See you tomorrow!” Victoria bid goodbye to Krystal and Sulli who are off to etude CF shoot while Luna and Amber has already left for their own schedule. They have just finished rehearsing for the SMTown concert and now she doesn’t have any schedule making her have time to rest. She smiles upon seeing her phone vibrating for a couple of times, all from her busybee boyfriend in Japan.

“Need to have some patience birthday boy.” Victoria talked to her phone as she waited for its light to turn off after receiving another missed call.

 

Victoria turned around to head towards the exit where her car is located when she saw Jae approaching her.

 

“Jae I-“ she suddenly cut her words upon seeing their manager walking behind Jae who looks off… and Victoria sense something is coming.

 

“Victoria, we need to talk.” Her manager said directly after standing infront of her making her eye Jae but he just gave her a meaningful look then he looked down.

 

“Why?” Victoria asked.

 

-

 

“Khun stop staring at your phone, you won’t be receiving any text nor calls if you stare at it for too long.” Taec said as he threw a pillow on him. It’s the second day that Victoria haven’t been sending text nor calls. He already has called her members but they said that she’s busy and they also don’t know why she’s not contacting. He has also found time to check on her updates in the internet, only to find out that she’s on her ‘ninja mode’ being spotted here and there.

 

“I can’t help it, why she’s not contacting?” Khun said in frustration as he dropped his phone beside him.

“Maybe she’s too busy, you said it earlier, she has informed you that she got a lot of schedule for this month and the SMTown concerts comes one after another.” Junho tried to ease his frustration making him just sigh for more.

“Minjae…” he suddenly called his cooking manager who volunteered to range in the kitchen knowing that his boys are tired.

“Yes?”

“Can you find way in contacting Jae? Or atleast knowing Victoria’s whereabouts?” Nichkhun asked making Minjae raise a brow on him before continuing his cooking, he then said “You know I can’t fish over her schedule, but I’ll try…. If that’ll make you settled.”

It somehow made Nichkhun smile and said “You’re the best.”

“I know.” Minjae replied with a laugh.

 

-

 

“So, you’ve got no plan to tell us soon?” Young Min seemed to be in the verge of bursting. He have heard about Victoria and Nichkhun’s true relationship from some of his sources who have been around the lass in the past few days. It made him want to confirm it… and here it is now, Victoria confessing the truth.

“Since when is this?” he asked again after not receiving any response from the lady.

“Since a few weeks ago… before they left to Japan.” Victoria replied, her palms are starting to sweat… it seemed like a déjà vu feeling like when she was asked if she was in a relationship with him few months ago... and now she falls in this situation that has just started with a cover up for her member’s relationship.

 

“Victoria, this is going out of hand…. Didn’t you promise on having this as a show? As pretentions? Then what is this? An ‘I fell for him’ crap?!” Young Min’s voice raised making Victoria close her eyes, his words were too loud making her startled.

“I know that what I did was wrong… promising those words during that time, I thought I already had control with my feelings and emotion… that I wont be feeling anything towards him… but maybe this whole pretentions made me realize that I’ve been putting others first before myself, my own happiness…. And it made me reach this decision and I’m not regretting it.” Victoria replied with all strength as she looks deep into Young Min’s eyes making the man fume.

“I didn’t expect to hear this from you Victoria… based on what I’ve heard, you’re one of the idols who have always been a good follower and listener… doing this disappoints me.”

“I’m sorry to disappoint you CEO… but….”

“But you’re safe for the mean time Victoria…. But I repeat… for the mean time because of the whole pretention thing… but that does not make you safe from anything… I’m warning you Victoria… “ Young Min’s words were like dagger being sent to Victoria’s heart, she suddenly felt pain.

Why can’t her agency react just like how Nichkhun’s agency did? Is it that hard?

 

“Victoria listen, I’m not against you nor any of my idols dating… but not now…. not on the peak of your career…. The pretention between you and Nichkhun was a deed of no choice, the news agency was so keen in observing the two of you making things hard to deny… but that does not mean that you have to make it true… Victoria you and Nichkhun… both of you are on the peak of your career… from being an idols to being an actor and actress… I want you to bloom and be successful in both fields… please try to understand.” Young Min’s voice changed from out ranged into a controlled one, hoping for his words to sink into the lass.

 

-

 

“What did they say?” JYP asked as he closed the folder he was holding.

“They can’t continue the offer if he’s taken… they need someone who’s single and can do loveteams in order to have the profit and sales prosper…” his staff replied which made him massage his temple.

“Have you tried to persuade them? Atleast tell them that it wouldn’t bother any of the promotions and stuffs?” JYP was persistent to get the offer for his artist.

“I’ve tried sending them another letter saying those stuffs and they haven’t replied yet… I’m afraid that they might not continue the offer and give it to other artists.” The staff replied making JYP shut his eyes close to clear his mind.

In the past month, they have received an acting offer for Nichkhun from a huge company entertainment company in the United States…. And it’s somehow Hollywood making it hard for them to let go of the offer… but their demands are too hard to be made. Atleast they have no issue about him continuing his idol job…. But they demanded that he have to be single in order to be given the offer for they didn’t want to have any issues.

“What to do now?” JYP asked as he rested his forehead on his palms.

 

-

 

It’s two days before Nichkhun’s birthday, exactly five days since Victoria started not to contact him. He tried to understand as he thinks that Victoria needs to concentrate and he also has to concentrate as they’re already starting their promotions and the fans’ response are positive making things a bit lighter. But the schedule has also been to hectic, they go from one show to another, having television and radio guesting, fan services and stuffs, they were actually restless.

 

“Good thing we still have Chinese Ginseng that was sent by Victoria weeks ago, it’s the least so you can have a glass for now…” Minjae said as he served the ginseng to the six tired beasts infront of him. They have just returned from three consecutive television appearance and radio program promotion.

 

“Minjae, have you heard anything?” Nichkhun asked as he took the cup.

 

“She’s off to China now with the other SM Artists for the start of the first concert tomorrow, they took the eight PM flight…. I saved some airport pics incase you might want to admire the airport fashion queen’s look tonight.” Minjae said as he passed his I-pad to him making him grab it immediately. It made s chuckle.

He can’t help but smile as he sees her pictures with that oversized sunnies with a very fashionable but comfortable airport attire. He doesn’t wonder why people calls her one of the airport fashion queen, she always nail it.

 

“Stop drooling, the I-pad might melt.” Jun K suddenly said making him grab the throw pillow and had it land on ’s head.

 

-

 

“Victoria, I’m happy that you’re taking things easily.” Jae can’t help but give her compliment. It’s been four days since their new CEO scolded both of them after he finds out about her true relationship. That was not all as they even received another scold from f(x)’s official manager, it made things hard but Jae is amazed by seeing Victoria being positive with it as she even continues her rehearsals and schedules at ease.

“I’ve got no choice but hope for the best Jae… I’ve been looking forward for this… maybe I just have to accept that things has never been easy for me and my company.” Victoria replied with a smile.

She actually took time in thinking about what to do and stuffs as she even ended up calling her mom and talking to her on the phone overnight, just to share about stuffs and her problem with her agency, her mom tells her that whatever he decision, she’ll be proud of her.

 

“I’ll be nothing if I get affected by scold, I’ll be at ease for now and I’ll wait for what will happen next…” Victoria replied making Jae smile.

“I’m so proud to say that I’m one of your managers.” Jae said making Victoria laugh.

“You’re into too much drama, let’s make things easy shall we? How’s my surprise anyway?” Victoria changed the topic.

“Oh, speaking of which, I’ve been receiving consecutive calls from Minjae asking about you since Nichkhun has been to restless after not receiving any text and calls from you.” Jae said which made Victoria laugh for more.

“Oh the Thai-guy seemed so giddy… but I won’t settle for less for the birthday boy.” Victoria replied as she batted her eyebrows making Jae smile… whatever happens, he’ll be there to support her… as long as he sees that wonderful smile on her face.

 

 

-

 

Today is his birthday!

He already received a lot of birthday greetings through calls, texts and SNS. From s to his co-artists, his staffs from his manager to his driver, everyone has already greeted him except for her. he have somehow had a hope that she has prepared something for him… but learning that the first leg of their SMTown concert in China has ended yesterday… and they’re having the second leg this day, same time as their special stage in one a Japanese live show making him lose hope… maybe having the life of an idol being in a relationship is harder that what he thought.

 

“Cheer up birthday boy! I’m sure she’ll find time to greet you later, she’s just busy preparing for the second leg.” Wooyoung tried to cheer him up as he just nodded.

“I heard that their stages yesterday was a blast, it’s not impossible for her to be regaining her strength as of the moment.” Taec added.

“after all, I’m hoping that she’s doing well.” Nichkhun replied. He also had searches last night regarding the concluded first day of the concert and he admires all the fancams and stuffs that the fans has made especially to Victoria who was once called the Queen of China.

 

-

 

“Are you sure everything is settled now?” Victoria asked Jae for the nth time making her manager chuckle.

“Yes Vic, everything is fine and is under control, you don’t have to worry on what is happening in Japan…. Just concentrate on your stages.” Jae replied making Victoria take a deep sigh.

“I’m happy that you’re my manager.” Victoria suddenly said making Jae roll his eyes.

Victoria can’t help but thank him for most of the effort was exerted by him just to make the surprise successful…. Well… she hopes.

 

 

 

-

 

“Thirty seconds before production!” the floor director called out making everyone settle. The 2pm members are on stage having their preset arrangement for their stage.

 

As the music started, everyone started to chant and the beast idols started their routine. As expected, they have nailed it and captured the hearts of everyone who’s watching. They ended their stage with oozing iness and manliness capturing the heart of all the viewers.

 

“Wow that was such a bang!” the host said after the members have greeted and paid respect. They’re now settled on their chairs for the interview portion.

“But before everything else, it’s one of the members birthday.” The host said making the fans cheer and the beasts patting Nickhhun’s back.

“It’s none other than Thai Prince Nichkhun!” the host said and everyone started to do the birthday chant. Nichkhun then paid respect after they sang.

 

“Ofcourse, birthday wouldn’t be complete without surprise, roll VTR.” The host suddenly said making Nichkhun crease his eyebrows as everyone’s attention was onscreen.

 

Nichkhun’s eyes widen upon seeing his baby pictures, toddler, grade school, pre debut, debut and current photos and videos compiled… everything seemed to be chosen carefully and seemed to be telling a story…. A story of a Thai boy evolve into an idol now.

He was so amazed by how the show has created such thing for him….

Not until a video clip was viewed.

It was Victoria dancing inside one of the SM’s practice room and she’s dancing into 2PM’s mashed up songs. The members, not only Nichkhun was amazed on how accurate and precise her movements were. Her grace is very visible even though the dance is y making Nichkhun have the smile stay on his face for long as he feels that he misses her so badly.

After dancing, even though she’s panting, she headed towards the camera, waved and gave her greetings.

 

“Nichkhun….” She first called him then she started to sing her birthday song…. Her multi-lingual birthday song. She then giggled after finishing it as she even covered her face that started to become red…. So typical on what happened during her surprise birthday for him during their WGM era.

 

“How are you? Did you like my surprise?” Victoria asked which made Nichkhun chuckle on her cuteness, it just made him miss her more.

“I’m sorry for not contacting you for a week… It was effective right? A total surprise.” Victoria continued as she even stuck out her tongue cutely making everyone admire her effort for Nichkhun.

“But anyways…. Happy-Happy Birthday Nichkhun! I wish you all the best and a more progressive year!” Victoria finished her message as she made a flying kiss sign and waved goodbye at the video… as 2PM unconsciously waved over the LED TV.

 

They were then surprise to see some staff bringing in two round cakes. One with a ‘happy birthday Nichkhun’ design and the other with ‘Congratulations 2PM’ design.

“These cake all came from Victoria…. Straight form China.” The host suddenly said making everyone amazed. The cake traveled for almost three hours from China to Japan just to reach the show for 2PM.

The beats idols immediately sent their thank you message to Victoria as they blow the cake. Nichkhun then did his as he made a wish before doing so.

 

“thank you so much Vic… thank you.” Nichkhun said as he waved over the camera…. He feels so touched…. She has never forget…. And she has done all of those to surprise him… and he was really surprised. Seeing her learn their dance, baking cake even though she’s tired over the concert the other night, editing those photos…. Her effort was too much for him to fall for her more.

 

 

====================

Hi everyone! First, I'd like to say sorry for not being able to update in the past days since I'm too busy with alot of stuffs.... and I feel really sorry for what's happening with the ship now. The news that came out and those stuffs, everything is just too hard to handle... but I told myself that I should not stop, I've read alot of things, good and bad and I'm trying to accept it all. I must say, I fell for this fandom hard and it's hard to accept stuffs, but hey.... to those whom I have talked to throught private messages, you know my stand with this issues.

I wouldn't stop. I'll continue what I've started and would be a Khuntoria fan forever, that's the usual mantra I read right? So let's put into action :) It's sad to read people leaving, giving up and not continuing their fics because of what happened, but rest assure that as long as I get comments and I have my readers with me, I'll continue to write :) That is how Khuntoria made impact to me :)

I know I've blabbered too much but I just want to share my thoughts... and to all those readers who have continuously talked to me through private message.... again as what I've said, you know my stand :)

 

-Cherry_on_top