Thirty-Four

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChanDara
Word Count: 602


Nobody Knows


Notably bleak of their impending future as he sulked and derided the situation, she protested in modulated timbres; the sounds that were once soothing, now horrendous and screeching to her partner's eardrums. "Chanyeol, it isn't that big of a deal-!"

A brazen beast in the guise of human flesh, he swiftly pounced and slammed his fist to the side of her head, her gentle complexion completely stunned by the hard swipe. 

Slightly tickled by the folds of his mouth grazing the tip of her ear, she observed his deep crimson flushed skin tighten, stiffen, his succeeding husky growls a terror to experience after accustoming herself to the sweet nothings from his gratuitous tongue. 

"It's not a big deal to you? Are you serious?" Disbelief crept in his harsh, raucous tone. 

Furtive glances came across the dark, narrowed eyes, her pleas of innocence and requests of peace virtually dissipated from her pursed lips upon contact. Perhaps a little too wistful, she squeaked, "It doesn't change anything."

Dismayed by the reply, he instantly roared and recoiled, his palms latched to his teary and desperate impish features. "Are you kidding me?" Hoarse from the curdling scream, he reiterated the phrase once more with a profound adjective, "Are you ing kidding me, Dara?"

Refusing to stand around in a pointless stupor, she straightened herself out, her booted foot slammed to the ground in an act of sheer folly - her intimidating tactic was less than commanding in the presence of the man twice her size. "You're overreacting and blowing things way out of proportion."

If he had not been filled with rage and disgust, he might have wondered how her petite frame could bellow up to such severe, husky volumes. 

Petulant and hostile, he hissed, "You told them you were dating Jiyong and you don't think that's an issue?"

Tarnished by a faint, pink blush, she rebutted, "Don't you dare twist my words. They believed it was Ji in the photograph, okay?" Verging on hysteria she jabbed his chest to promote her innocence of the scenario, her procession of words also emphasized by the sharp, jutting pain. "I never brought him up to begin with - they want to believe it's him! And what was I supposed to do? Reveal your identity and ruin your career?"

Faltering into wobbly, croaks of woe, she continued, "Tell me if you think you could have done better! I did what I could. I thought it would be a nice cover for you, for us-"

"For us?" Throaty, strangled anger rushed past his horrified lips, his hands torn from an absolutely livid face. "You mean, for you." Before she could contest the brash declaration, he his finger to her and belittled her decision to not trust him. "I told you so many goddamn times that I could do it and handle all the the world would throw at us. Why didn't you just trust me?" 

Acknowledging the public scrutiny they would confront, she stumbled in breathy notes, "Your fans-"

" them and your excuses." Incredibly betrayed by the mention of Kwon Jiyong in relation to his girlfriend - in which the media had kindly taken to boasting the coupling in spite of friendly boundaries- he hurled his fury. "You wanted him, didn't you?"

Aghast, she struck him across the face, her heart wounded by the accusation. "Chanyeol-"

" you."

"Wait, Chanyeol!" She tried to reach him, but, her scrawny figure was smoothly knocked aside and evaded. 

"I'm done."

Comprehending the true desire to sever their union in his reproachful sentence, she crumpled, her knees hardly steadying her pliant, bowed form. "Chanyeol-ah..."


A/N: chandara were caught on an outing, but the male figure was too distorted to make it out and the media jumped to conclusions that it was ji and that didn't sit too well/kindly with chanyeol - he already had doubts and insecurities about dara&ji and this was like the final nail in the coffin for him. ;A; poorbby