Seventeen

Heart Beats

Pairing: BomSoo
Word Count: 497


Lucky


Determined to maneuver his way through Mnet's maze of an artist section unnoticed, his sunken gaze pinned to the tiled surface of the ground, he remotely achieved success, his figure barreled into his unsuspecting victim. Unsightly collapsed and sprawled on the floor in tangled limbs, he flushed in response to his foolishness and poor treatment of his environment.
Retracting his figure from the befuddled woman, thinly recognized as a member of the top tier group 2NE1, he assisted her to her feet and repeatedly bowed his head, completely shameful of his reckless behavior. 

Although his response bordered on sincerity, his constant act of checking over his shoulder vigilantly diminished the genuine sentiment. Tinged with curiosity, she noticed the bulge of his eyes, actually quite ready to pop from their respective sockets, and perspiration bead his flaming cheeks and forehead. 

Before she could inquire the nature of his residing fear, a thunderous shuffle of feet approached the pair in the arena, quickly accompanied by a stream of mangled cries that had him tense like a child prepped for a grave scolding. 

Quivering lips, of which she never had the privilege of exchanging greets with, hoarsely whispered, "Help me."

Instinctively, she snatched him by the wrist and shoved him beneath her table, his form covered by the red linen and her pliant legs. An eccentric flock of females arrived on the scene and left almost immediately upon the lack of Kyungsoo's presence, the girls wittily posed as staff employees and easily disregarded by the surrounding crew members. 

Reassured by the deafening silence, Bom crouched on her knees, modest arms covering the gap of her dress, and pulled back the crimson sheet to unveil a heaving, trembling EXO member. One polite arm stretched to the boundaries of his person, his figure visibly tensing in face of the red-head's courteous palm, his head tilted with uncertainty.
Murmuring in sweet tones, she pled her case, "It's alright, now. They're gone. You should return to your group while you still can."

Frightful of being caught, he fiercely denounced the notion with a whip of his head - it was practically impossible to escape them. Graced with a somber smile, she pried his clasped hands from his slacks, gripped his fingers and insisted he flee. "I'll fend them off for a bit. You should really go." Offhandedly, she opted to pat his head, the gesture both tender and warm. "You can still make it - you've made it this far, haven't you?"

Finally acknowledged for his hardwork and effort, whether it was his escapades or performances, he was struck with a wave of emotions he could not quite decipher, his body curled in on itself, gasping, choking. 

And he suddenly didn't want to let go. 

In addition to aiding his wistful cause and extending her kindness to his battered heart, she seemed to understand him entirely. 

Perhaps, he made no sense, perhaps he had just wanted a savior and he found her. 

Cursing the tears that flooded his sight, he croaked, "Can I hold on just a little longer?"


A/N: i dunno, but bomsoo has become my angst ship /cries/