Twenty-Two

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChanDara
Word Count: 298


When Love Falls


Gentle, curved nails scratched diligently behind his impish ear, his head beckoning to her placid touch. Shivering with delight, he stretched his lanky build across her small lap and rearranged his limbs until his head lolled atop her thighs, his eyelids vaguely aware and privy to her genial face. 

Although he usually found himself curled up on her and wheezed at the prospect of crushing her, he personally enjoyed the simple act - she radiated a kind, mellow warmth that simmered his anxieties. 

She was better than any futon he ever laid on.

Fragile whispers stirred his conscience. "Did I do something wrong?"

Biting down on his silvery groan, he tried not to further obscure himself with calloused hands, his thoughts fully aware of the nature of her query. "No."

Incredibly breathy with rampant denial, she insisted, "You wouldn't look at me." She continued, albeit wobbly, "Not even after the awards show."

"I didn't mean to. I was just...I was tired." His pathetic excuse of an apology rolled distastefully from his hesitant lips. "I'm sorry. I might have vented out on you." Angling his chin towards her, he quietly confronted her concerned gaze. 

"Why didn't you say something, then?"

Thinly smiling, he assured her, "It won't happen again, noona."

Sandara frowned. "You don't sound very sincere-."

Compelled to silence her, he kissed her, his mouth chaste, and sweet against her own. 

This was one moment he could not be true to her, or honest to his values and beliefs - he could not divulge the truth of the situation. 

How would she handle the cold, bitter fact that his company greatly disagreed with their budding relationship and urged EXO's manager to sever this flourishing union?

And it occured just within confessing and earning her precious love, too. 

"I promise."


A/N: inspired by the Gaon Chart Awards broadcast.