Thirty-Two

Heart Beats

Pairing: ChaeKris
Word Count: 1439


You Got Some Nerve 


Sweet, rich aromas of Espresso Roast fluttered and nostrils, the simmering cup of fine coffee meticulously stirred with passive , her taste-buds whet with anticipation. 

Nibbling the end of the green straw crudely bent in her Iced Coffee, Minji bowed, and lowered her eyelids demurely with curiosity. "I haven't seen you in sometime, Chae. Mr. Wu has kept you close to himself these past months." Sharp nails flicked aside the black curls dangling in view of her precarious sight. "He's quite possessive, isn't he?"

Sardonic whiffs of disbelief filled the mellow atmosphere. "Don't let him fool you, he's an . I gave him the smooth, cool, ladies' man image you see on those billboards and commercials. Brutish piece of is lucky to have me."

"Oh?" Appraised brows thought otherwise. "You sure he's not just an to you? His reputation precedes him..."

Astounded by his potential credibility in the bedroom, Chaerin choked on the warmed beverage and briskly wiped the spittle and dark residue from her gaping mouth. "The man has an icicle wedged in his , Minji. I don't think the persona is just with me. You weren't there for all of his interviews. Oh my god, I never felt so humiliated. You would think, as an actor, he would be fully capable of throwing on a lively or inviting expression in front of the directors and producers , but the bastard couldn't move on from his sour -face."

Deeply rueful of accepting him as her clientele, she downed the last of her swirling drink and bemoaned her missed opportunity in managing the rising star Yong Junhyung. "I honestly have no idea as to why he wants to act and why our company had to have him."

Mustering the strength to appear as graceful and blithe in her friend's personal woes, the mischievous Gong stifled her laughter and stretched her sore limbs. "Ah," She cooed to her doleful companion, "But you still accepted the task and brought him in, didn't you? And I don't recall you objecting the decision of managing him. He seems more fun than Junhyung; you definitely scored."

Peeved, the blonde sharply retorted, "It's my job to recruit and provide assistance to the agents. I just didn't think I would have to baby-sit him after I secured the contract. I had hoped the company would spare me further agony." 

Unable to contain her true response to the hilarity of the context, Minji erupted into hard fits of laughter that almost had her frightfully wheeze and collapse. "You're so bad, unnie. You can't possibly dislike him that much." Transitioning to the subject of his recent project to quell Chaerin's boiling protests, she quipped, "How is his drama coming along? I heard it was supposed to be for the mature audiences. Can he handle such a role so early in his career? He's been out, what, a year now?"

Somewhat grateful for the fresh discussion, Chaerin flatly rebutted, "He needs the popularity boost - he has yet to really establish himself as an actor. He was more than willing to take on the role and I'm sure he does have enough experience to tackle it--." Disrupted by the resonating buzz in the pocket of her skirt, she paused, held her palm up to momentarily excuse herself and answer the phone. "Hello? Yes, this is Manager Lee, what can I do for you Mr. Kim?" Gradually, she lapsed into silence, her shoulders tightening with each second she remained on the line. It was most unusual for the producer to contact her...

Minji had little time to ponder the matter herself when the feisty blonde hastily rose from her chair in horrific astonishment. "What do you mean he's having trouble with the bed scenes?"

The bubbly Gong snorted. "Definitely too early."


Navy-blue heels clicked roughly, albeit maddeningly, upon on the linoleum tiles, her adequate strides increasingly erratic. Grappling for a peace of mind, she furtively glanced in his direction, the towering giant coolly evading her gaze. 

"It took you twenty-one takes for the first bed scene?"

Indignant, prideful, Kris bit out, "Twenty."

Pursing her lips, she briefly came to a halt before him, her hands slapped to her hips, and words shrewd as she barked her dismay, "I thought you could rise up to the challenge? Don't you stand there and sulk. Are you sick of the project already? You can't tell me you will no longer cooperate because of petty reasons--."

", it's not like that." Thick tones drowned out her hostile statements, his fingers threaded through his scruffy, matted hair. "I just...I don't think it should be done so casually."

Chaerin allowed his modesty to override her irrationality and give birth to new thoughts. "Mr. Wu...are you a ?"

Dourly, perhaps a little too defensively, he denied the claim. "No."

"Then you have only done it once." She deduced. 

Flushed cheeks, gritted teeth, and curled fists greeted her strong, unwavering perspective, the view a stark contrast to his cold exterior. Determined steps pressed forward, her words calm, smoky. "Do you really think you have any right to hesitate when you're pursuing a career as an actor? You need to flesh out your characters, embrace them, dominate them - the industry has no need for an amateur that half-asses the job."

Riled from the snarky attitude, he spat. "Do not patronize me."

Soundlessly, she gave her tie a tug, rendered him silent and wary. 

"What are you doing?"

With a fluid swipe of her arm she tore off the thin material and narrowed her glittering irises on his creased, befuddled features. "I'm going to help you, idiot."

Steadily, decisively, she inched closer and closer to him, each step retreating him farther back till he collided with the wall. She shook off her tailored blazer, the coat unceremoniously discarded on the floor beside her tie. Hardly roguish in her act, she ed and loosened her blouse, her tender wisdom asserted in her beliefs and opinions. "I am your manager first and foremost and I will do anything and everything within my power to help you achieve your dreams. It will certainly not bode well for either of us if you don't get your together."

"This is ing ridiculous." Gravelly breaths denounced her aid. "What do you think you can do to help me?"

In response, she hunkered down her blouse and exposed her chest just enough to spy her navel, her perky s bulging from her petite frame. "Use me as your stepping tool for the entertainment industry in whichever form benefits you the most. If you cannot readily submerge in the bed scenes, then use me for practice." She pressed her solution, "Use me and soar above them all."

Raspy, orotund chuckles kissed the palm splayed across his mouth, his head lolling on the wallpaper. "Are you insane, Manager Lee?"

Huffing, she deflected his query with a hard stare. 

Devoid of further merriment, he suddenly swiveled his gaze on her diminutive form, the dark, stolid glint in his irises incomparable to his earlier display of timidness. Practically inexpressive, he leaned forward, cocked his head, brushed by her ear, his voice eerily tinged with a lilt. "This isn't something to be done..." He drawled, his slender joints accompanying each phrase with a trail from the waist up to the curve of her chilled . "...so freely."

Hot air nicked her earlobe, induced a foreign shiver of thrill and prompted her to hold on to his toned figure, her hope that he could shape up undoutedbly reinforced.

 "Would you give me everything?"

She lost her grip on his shoulders, her heart stunned by the personal attachment to the inquiry, her mind already boggled from the hand that wrapped around her waist.

Firm lips grazed her her neck, her thoughts swarmed with his request.

Everything?

His lofty mouth hovered by her jaw, then her quaking lips, the intent to kiss intensely etched in his pupils, however, he settled for placing a kiss to her forehead instead. Straightening himself out, he murmured, "Thank you, Manager Lee. I've figured it out."

Isolated from his heated presence, she deflated upon the wall, aghast by the rapid pound of her heart and disappointment in not receiving his well-crafted kiss. 


Witnessing the compiled footage, Minji applauded her courageous friend. "I don't know what you told him, but he's completely relaxed and confident!"

"Ah, yeah. Just doing my job." Blonde strands were tucked neatly in place, her wandering eyes coincidentally resting on the might of his steadfast gaze, her cheeks tainted with a light blush. "He's still an , though."


A/N: i don't even know where i was going with this, haha. 

i have actually considered writing some of the one-shots into multi-chapters, but i'm not too sure which ones. orz we'll see~~

and thank you for reading&adding your feedback c: