'Leo'

His name is Leo

A laugh suddenly burst out of her lips. Her lips that were counting just a few seconds ago, they suddenly burst out laughing so loud, so loud and delighted that she end up tearing up.

What was so… funny?

“It’s my father, Leo! My father!” she kept on laughing for a few minutes before she finally ceased, clearing away the tears in her eyes. Yes, that last man I manage to catch is Ai’s father. The person who caused her so much grief and trouble. That man, that same man. He’s alive, of course. Just like everyone else in this room. Alive.

Ai pulled on my hand, and then I look at her, knowing I have a lot of explanations to do. I cleared my throat, and then slowly, slowly start to explain to her as I kneeled next to her. My voice will be so dry and weird, but I have to do this. We have to do this, Leo.

“That… day. When you saved me… was the day I swear to myself… I’ll protect you.” No response from Ai. I guess it’s a signal that I have to keep on going.

“To protect you… with all my might. I am… not human. Not like Ai.” I reach a hand out to caress her cheek gently, gently. She’s so frail, I’m afraid my blood-stained hands will break her someday….

Instead of backing away, she leaned to my touch. I think my heart just burst out of its place. Calm down. We can do this.

“I have… the power to enter your… memory. So.. I can find who hurt… Ai,” I took a deep breath before continuing, making sure I made my points clear before she ran away in fear.

“I’m half… demon. My mother is a demon and my father is a human…”