Seven

The Letters from That Boy

seven;


Monkey’s honor-savior,

Holy crap, did you watch the game on Saturday? It was freaking amazing, wasn’t it? Our team was really brilliant and the passes were very well done. Great teamwork and great techniques – that’s the best combination! We completely crushed the other team!

It really makes me want to get back in the team, actually. I know I could try applying again and maybe make it for the next match, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea. It’s true Hyukjae was brilliant on the field, but we have a bit of a history and it could be bad for the team.

 

I clearly said I wouldn’t tell you about this accident, and I’m a man of words. Plus, it’s very embarrassing and I never told anybody. I certainly won’t start with a stranger I barely know and never met (no offense).

Poor chap, don’t worry; I’m sure you’ll find a girlfriend/boyfriend very soon! I mean, you sound like a nice guy and you’re kinda funny, so why not, right? Anyway, who’s your best friend’s boyfriend? That’s always useful information if you want to blackmail a bully.

 

I don’t know yet. It’s in two weeks, isn’t it? I’ll probably spend the vacations at my grandparent’s in my hometown and hang out with friends when I come back. I don’t really have particular plans, and you?

 

- Proud-to-be-of-Gangnam-High

 

Hyukjae grins proudly when he reads the letter he just got. Even if he doesn’t know who his penpal is, he still managed to impress him with his soccer skills, and it’s very satisfying. The excitement in the letter is contagious, and soon, as he walks down the hallway to his next class, he recalls the game he played last week-end. It’s true that it was one of the best games the team played and he can’t be any prouder of his teammates. Even if they are very dumb and immature, they still improved very much and that’s what is important (what they do with their life outside of the soccer pitch really doesn’t have anything to do with him, after all).

After he reaches his class and flops down on a chair at the back of the room, he pursues his lips thoughtfully and carefully folds the letter in the pocket of his trousers. As he remembers the way he childishly stuck his tongue out at Lee Donghae when the game ended with their victory, he can’t help snickering happily; it was like killing two birds with one stone.

Or maybe three, judging by the way he successfully impressed his penpal. That’s a really good day, he concludes with a satisfied nod.

 

=

 

Seated at the cafeteria (he knows he spends an awful lot of time in there, but he doesn’t have the heart to care about it more than that is), the redhead student speculatively stares at Kyuhyun, who flops down in front of him with his attention focused on his phone. He absently puts the cake he forced Hyukjae to buy a minute earlier on the table before a small grin spreads on his lips upon reading something on his phone. Which really isn’t normal. Hyukjae has never heard of any demons like him who knew how to smile that gently. Maybe Kyuhyun is sick, he wonders (but the way he enthusiastically made fun of him this morning persuades him he’s not really).

Then he notices a small pink bag peeking out of the younger’s half-opened backpack, which suspiciously looks like a gift. There’s a brief pause, until Hyukjae understands with a gasp.

 

“You still didn’t tell me who’s your so-called boyfriend!” he huffs at Kyuhyun.

 

The latter looks up and stares at him flatly. “Why should I tell you, anyway?” he scoffs.

 

“I’m your best friend, you heartless brat! I’d tell you if I found someone!”

 

The younger rolls his eyes in bemusement before he looks down at his phone again. “Yeah but I, in contrary to your noisy self, don’t care about you.”

 

That admittedly hurts a little, but Hyukjae is so used to his best friend’s (incredibly mean) banters that he doesn’t pay that much attention to it anymore. “Tell me,” he insists. When Kyuhyun doesn’t say anything, he glowers at him.

 

“I won’t tell you because then you’re going to tell me it’s wrong and annoy me about it,” the younger eventually says when Hyukjae is at that to strangle him until he gets his answer.

 

“Why would I tell you it’s wrong, though?” the redhead student frowns.

 

Kyuhyun looks up with a hint of exasperation plastered on his face, but Hyukjae decides that he’s brave enough to stare back defiantly.

 

“Think about the most shocking person I could go out with and whose name starts with an ‘S’,” he states and shows the conversation on his phone as a proof. Colored bubbles pops up one after another, each of them under the name of a simple S followed by a heart (Hyukjae thinks he’s going to be sick because it’s way too abnormal and scary coming from Heartless Kyuhyun). “And that’s him.”

 

Before Hyukjae has the time to retort something about why do you always need to make everything sounds so complicated?!, something hits the back of his head. It’s a cup, and there’s still some water in it which drips on his neck. Furious, he whips around on his chair to glare at whoever threw it at him. At that moment, he meets a pair of familiar mocking eyes, before that person sticks his tongue out at him, exactly the same way he did at the match.

Of course it’s Lee Donghae.

 

=

 

Impressed-by-Hyuk’s superior-skills (Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at him at that),

Yes, I did! I agree, it was a really good game and I hope the team will keep up like this until the Seoul’s Junior Soccer Cup finals! Don’t you think they really improved compared to last year? Jaengu High couldn’t do anything against our players! Even if they scored two goals, I still think they were better than them.

Oh come on! Don’t be such a party pooper. I swear I won’t laugh at you when you tell me. Not that much, at least. I won’t tell a soul! And it’s not like I actually know you, so that’s like knowing a stranger’s dark secret; it’s funny but it’s not like I can do much with this information, right?

Actually, I don’t really want to find a girlfriend/boyfriend. As I told you, I’m not sure if I’ll ever have a serious relationship with anyone any time soon. It’s not that I’m a big Casanova and that I prefer one-off flings, but there’s some stuff about me that don’t really encourage me to go out and look for someone I really like. It’s sort of complicated, to be honest. And boring.

Yeah, it’s in two weeks. I think I’ll stay at Seoul. My parents have to go to China because of my father’s business and offered me to join, but my sister is already going. Which means I get to have the house for myself for two weeks! Isn’t that awesome?

 

AND DUDE I THINK MY BEST FRIEND IS GOING OUT WITH SEHUN FROM FRESHMAN YEAR?? WHAT THE DO I DO.

 

- So-shocked-I-could-die-H

 

 

P.S: What do you mean a “history” with Hyukjae? Did you sleep with him or something?!

 

=

 

Because Hyukjae likes to believe he is a responsible senior student, and that he has to protect his juniors from evil people like his best friend, he decides he needs to go down to the freshman floor and have a long discussion with Oh Sehun. The kid (who is frighteningly tall for his age) is sitting on the floor in front of his class while chatting with his friend, who the redhead student recognizes as Kim Jongin. As soon as they see him, they scramble up on their feet and hurriedly bow at him.

Hyukjae brushes the formalities off with a careless flick of the hand, although he does feel a little bit proud at the respectful gesture, before he grips Sehun’s shoulders without so much as a warning. The kid yelps in surprise, staring at him with wide eyes.

 

“H – Hyung?” he squeaks in alarm.

 

“Sehun – Sehun, right?” the senior student hums in satisfaction when he nods hurriedly. “Look – I’m sure that you’re a really nice kid. But you shouldn’t do that.”

 

Jongin’s eyes blink at him, and then at his friend before they go back on Hyukjae, his face painted with bewilderment.

 

“D – Do what?”

 

“Go out with him!” Hyukjae hisses in impatience. He is trying to save his life, it really isn’t the moment to play it confused. “I’m serious, Sehun. You think he’s nice because he’s your boyfriend now and looks nice, but he’s going to hurt you.”

 

Comprehension finally flickers in his eyes, and Hyukjae has to restrain himself from sighing in relief. Maybe it wasn’t too late yet!

 

“This guy is pure evil, ok? Don’t get any closer to him, or he’s going to brainwash you. Trust me, he’s probably already cheated on you as we speak!” Pain crosses Sehun’s face and the redhead student pats the top of his head (which admittedly looks kind of ridiculous because the kid does tower him by a few centimeters) with sympathy. “I’m just trying to care of you. You know that, do you?”

 

“I – yes – thank you, hyung,” the kid mutters weakly and looks down sadly.

 

Sighing softly, Hyukjae warmly squeezes his shoulder before he walks off, a feeling of great accomplishment blooming up in his chest; he’s just saved one soul from a horrible love life, and it felt good.

 

=

 

Intriguing-H,

Even if it’s boring, you can always tell me. I mean, I’m not forcing you, but we’re kind of friends, now, right? Even if we never met. I'd be happy to help you if I can! And you are nice and funny, so I don’t see what the problem is. I’m sure these “stuffs” that hold you back from dating isn’t that compromising or even important. Do you want to talk about it, or maybe you don’t trust me enough yet? It’s perfectly ok if that’s the case, of course! I’m just wondering, that’s all.

And about what happened with my brother… Well it was probably two years ago? Maybe less. He held a party at home when my parents went out of the country for their marriage anniversary, and since I had nothing better to do, I tagged along and had some fun, too. One of his best friends is gay, I was completely wasted.

 

We made out in my brother’s bedroom, ok. And he walked in on us. While trying to get in some chick's pants and that I was at that from getting a .

Do please shut up.

 

WHAT THE , HE REALLY IS? OH MY GOD DOESN’T THAT MAKE HIM A E?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN “WHAT DO YOU DO”?? YOU STRANGLE AND KICK AND PUNCH YOUR CRAZY BEST FRIEND UNTIL HE GETS HIS ING SENSES BACK, THAT’S WHAT YOU ING DO.

 

- Revolted-D

 

P.S: Of course I didn’t, are you crazy. We just don’t get along well, you dolt!

 

=

 

Down at the freshman floor, Oh Sehun is furiously shouting in his phone, angry tears forming at the corners of his eyes. “Luhan hyung! Hyukjae hyung told me everything – how could you cheat on me?!”


Hyuk and Hae are so dumb it almost frustrates me.

This chapter is so silly hahaha. I had fun writing it but I don't know if it was enjoyable for you guys? Sorry if any mistakes.

They're probably going to stay oblivious for a couple of chapters and then I'll do something about the non-existent , or something. Funny fact, the lines wrote in capitals are based on crazy convos I share with my Twin wan mei. Hahaha

 

Thank you for reading, my precious folks There's already 300+ subscribers for this fic when it's only seven-chapter long, I can't believe it! Thank you so much!

Please remember to comment, subscribe and upvote :)