Three

The Letters from That Boy

three;


Dear Kind-of-suicidal-H,

Hmm, so you’re the kind that likes teasing, huh? Personally, I’d rather do it hard and fast, you know? I think it’s the best. Well it depends of the situation, too, I guess. And for your information, can also be categorized as . A very lonely kind of , but still in the end, thank-you-very-much.

About the religion thingy, well not really. I mean, I don’t have anything against it (I go to the church every Sunday and everything) but Siwon babbling nonsense about it all the time is not cool. He’s just creepy, and that’s that.

My History test is on the Korean war, or something. I might as well join you and kill myself, too.

 

- Your-colleague-in-despair

 

Hyukjae puts his chin on his palm, while his elbow is propped on the wooden surface of his desk. It’s Saturday night and he’s in his bedroom, pretending he’s doing his homework so his mother can let him go out tonight. Instead, he’s playing on the Internet, looking up videos to learn new dance moves and maybe download because he’s already getting bored of the stuff he found two weeks before.

The letter is neatly lying next to his laptop, slightly rumpled because Hyukjae picked it up so many times. This time, he is pleased to note that his penpal wrote on an actual sheet of paper, and not on the usual little bits of it. It’s also slightly longer than usual, and it makes him smile happily.

He leans back into his chair, rolling his stiff neck a little before stretching his arms above his head with a small groan. It’s close to six and he really hopes his mother is going to let him hang out tonight.

Without really thinking about it, he reaches for a sheet of paper of his own, and starts writing an answer.

 

That night, Hyukjae and his friends decide to go hang out at the mall. It’s still open because it’s Saturday and that most students like to go there during the weekend. He finds Kyuhyun and Kibum at the entrance, greets them with a handshake before they are all headed to the taco fast-food. Kibum says it has opened a month ago and that he really wants to try it. Hyukjae isn’t really sure whether he’s going to like or not, but he doesn’t have a better offer so he simply tags along.

When they reach the restaurant, there’s a little crowd but they still manage to find a table. The place is bright and smells good, Hyukjae notes. He looks up at the menu hanging above the main counter, curiously reading what is proposed, while Kyuhyun takes his phone out and starts playing (as usual, really).

 

“So what do you guys want?” Kibum asks, his neck twisted in an obscure angle to peek at the menu. He glances at them and narrows his eyes at the youngest.

 

“Aouch!” Kyuhyun yelps when he smacks the back of his head. “What the hell?!”

 

Hyukjae bursts out laughing, earning a displeased glare from him. He only smiles smugly and childishly sticks his tongue out at him, for which Kyuhyun kicks him under the table.

The friends finally chose what they want to eat, and it’s Hyukjae who has to go to the counter and give their order. He walks in the line, absently listening to the music the restaurant has inside. He’s minding his own business when he hears a sneer coming from behind him. Confused, he turns around, and immediately scowls when he recognizes Lee freaking Donghae.

 

“What are you doing here?” he rolls his eyes. “Your parents never told you that five-year-old brats shouldn’t wander around at night?”

 

“Piss-off, you dirty macaque,” Donghae hisses at him. “You’re ruining the mood.”

 

Hyukaje scoffs haughtily, holding himself from childishly crossing his arms. “Believe me, I think it’s the other way around.”

 

Donghae obviously doesn’t care because soon, he folds his arms on his chest and glares at him fiercely. The redhead student reluctantly admits that he does look kind of cute like this.

Before one of the two can start bickering again, the lady behind the counter calls for Hyukjae. He sneers a last time at Donghae before he turns around and order as agreed with his friends. When she tells him that someone will bring the tacos to their table, he walks away without a glance to the brunette student, and he’s quite proud of it.

Except he can’t take his eyes off him for the rest of the dinner. To glare at him, of course.

What else?

 

=

 

Dear Hardcore-kink-D,

All of this tell me that you’re ually frustrated, am I right? Lonely single, are you? But yeah, of course I like teasing. Whether you’re on the receiving hand or on the giving one, it’s very satisfying. Makes the real deal even more intense, yah know? And anyway, teasing doesn’t mean you don’t get to hard and fast. I like both at the same time, it’s not optional.

Yeah I know what you mean. Although we have to admit Siwon is still a very good friend, when the occasion calls for it (and very rich, that’s always useful). I used to go to the same church as him when I was younger until he moved to his current house. He’s a very religious kind of guy, that’s true. It’s not a bad thing, though, I guess. Except when he’s nagging about it, of course.

I’m still stuck on the two first paragraphs of the manual.

There’s six to learn.

 

It’s in two days.

 

- Ready-for-three-sleepless-nights-in-a-row

 

=

 

Kibum says it’s coincidences but Hyukjae is sure that fate is against him, because it’s the third time he runs into Donghae this week. It’s very annoying because as much as he likes to kick the brunette student, he really needs to study for his History test tomorrow. Plus, he’s in a very bad mood because he woke up late this morning and couldn’t eat breakfast. Apparently his sister thinks he’s too much of a bother to waste time for.

That’s why he finds himself glaring fiercely at the tiny-sized brat who wants to make the world believe he’s actually in his senior year. Hyukjae really wants to kick him back to the nearest kindergarten (where he truly belongs) but he doesn’t have the time for this . He sneers at Donghae, trying to move away and hide in the library so he can cry his sorrow in peace.

But Donghae is a persistent bug and keeps provoking him. Hyukjae manages to ignore him for a whole of ten seconds (he’s quite proud of his self-control) before he snaps and whirls around.

He’s ready to pounce on him and relieve a little bit of the stress that has been building in him, when a petite girl with red hair suddenly holds Donghae back from punching back. Hyukjae blinks in confusion, looking at her, and then at Donghae. He watches the girl whispers at the brunette in bewilderment; they look really close, and it kind of annoys him.

 

“Let’s go,” he hears her say with a soothing voice.

 

Donghae seems to hesitate, warily looking at Hyukjae, before he grunts and walks away with heavy steps, followed by the red-haired girl.

 

And Hyukjae is left alone in the middle of the hallway, without any explanation and still as stressed as before.

 

What a .

 

=

 

“You didn’t know?” Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow at Hyukjae when he asks him who the girl is.

 

He stares down at him (which isn’t very hard because even if he’s not as small as Donghae, he’s not particularly tall either) with so much contempt that Hyukjae feels almost stupid. Instead he scowls and waits for an answer. You should never crouch down in front of the enemy.

Or your evil best friend, in this case.

 

“Her name’s Hara,” he pauses and glances at the interested girl who is walking out of the restrooms. “She’s Donghae’s new girlfriend. They’ve been together for a week now.”

 

What.

 

Hyukjae widens his single-lidded eyes comically and slowly turns around to glance at Donghae and Hara. The brunette usually doesn’t date girls of the high school. As long as he can remember, he’s never boasted about having a girlfriend (he knows because he has mocked him for it).

 

He looks at them only for a second, but enough for him to see Donghae kiss her.

 

=

 

Dear Stupid-and-restless-you,

Actually, no, I do have a girlfriend. We’ve not been together for so long, but she’s quite nice. And pretty. She’s completely my type of girl so I hope we can have something a little bit more serious than what I usually do when I date someone. And you? Are you single, or what? Nobody to tease?

Yeah, Siwon can be nice when he tries. Oh really? Well I don’t know if he was coming from your neighborhood, but he moved to mine when I was twelve. That’s funny because we’re going to the same church now, just like you before. Our parents are friends, so I see him a lot.

True fact; Siwon honestly makes the best barbecue I know. His sirloin steaks are the best.

I had my History test yesterday. I think I did rather well, but we never know with my teacher. I swear he’s the most sadistic I’ve ever seen. Did you pass it?

 

- Happy-and-not-available-anymore

 

Hyukjae sighs after he’s finished reading his letter. He gloomily puts in on his desk, pouting reluctantly.

Lee Dumbhae, and now even my penpal? Why so much people are finding girlfriends lately?

He feels kind of lonely, now.


Before anyone ask, yes it does mean that Hyukjae is an idiot sort of clueless and still doesn't know that his penpal is Donghae. Wouldn't be funny, otherwise, huh?

 

Comment make me so happy, yoh <3