Twelve

The Letters from That Boy

twelve;


Hyukjae releases a defeated sigh when the bus finally stops at the station he needs to get off at. It’s early in the morning and cold, but also the beginning of the autumn term. He really can’t believe the fact that it’s already been two weeks since the vacations started, and that it’s already the end. Now, he can’t wake up in the middle of the afternoon, or go out for a walk whenever he well wants to (even if he usually doesn’t because he’s a lazy , but it’s the thought that counts), or watch at four in the morning, or randomly invite his best friends to crash over his in the middle of the night. School has indeed started again, which means lessons and homework and exams, and a whole lot of other things he’d rather forget for the rest of his miserable life.

A pout stretching his plump lips, he moodily shoves his hands in the pockets of his trousers and reluctantly stomps to the high school. The monitors are already standing by the gates as if they actually never left their position, which prompts Hyukjae to feel a little bit more depressed than earlier. He sighs heavily and mumbles a greeting at one of the two supervisors (the other one gave him a detention a month ago and he still hasn’t forgiven him), before he practically has to drag himself inside the buildings.

Despite all the prayers he made during the past two weeks, the high school still looks the same as when they left, and no aliens or sudden world wars happened to reduce it to ashes. Which is kind of a pity, when he comes to think of it.

Even if he’s already a little late for his first class (he doesn’t even remember where it’s supposed to be held anyway), he lazily walks to his locker and distractedly opens it, hoping that there’s the leftovers of a snack inside. But instead of finding an old chocolate bar, there’s a white letter neatly put on top of his gym clothes, with the same familiar number scribbled at a corner of it.

Hyukjae raises an eyebrow and quickly wonders how the penpal got the time to post it although it’s the first day of school (until he remembers a bunch of students have classes an hour before he does), before he excitedly picks it up and opens it hurriedly. The bell has rung ten minutes ago already, but he really doesn’t care (it’s English and he’s not really good at it, anyway).

 

Yoh Half-wit!

So I forgot about the letters during the vacations and didn’t plan on writing you anything, but then I found your last letter on my desk yesterday when I got home and remembered that we kind of have to do this, if we don’t want to get kicked out of the club. So here’s my late reply. But on the other hand, you sent yours on the last day of school so it’s not really my fault.

Firstly, don’t call me cute, you. I’m so terribly handsome you could get a ing heart attack because of my awesomeness.

Secondly, I’m glad that you don’t take their words at heart anymore even if I got the proof that it still affects you after all this time. I would have told you that’s it’s horrible and gave you a whole speech about how much I want to kick them and comfort you, but the last time I did, you text-insulted me :( But you know I really think it, so let’s say it’s enough.

So does that mean that I’m the only one who knows about it? Well I guess it’s only fair since you’re the only one who knows about my incident with my brother. Ugh, I still can’t stand thinking about this horrible moment of my life. I wish I could tear that memory off my head and dump it somewhere in the middle of Pacific so a shark can swallow it.

 

Now that I think about it, this letters thingy is probably going to get boring since we started texting ._. That’s why I thought of a way to keep this as funny as it’s humanly possible. Here’s my great idea; we’ll give each other a few random words and we have to say what we think about it. How does that sound? That’s the only option I can think of, sawrry.

 

Disney movies

s

What the about me having found my special someone??

 

- Dickhead (?)

 

=

 

 Half-wit: About the letters thing getting boring, I totally feel your pain. If it wasn’t for the bonus points I’d quit the club right away. But I’m friends with the president and she might kick me for it.

Dickhead: You mean Seohyun? It’s true she can be quite bossy.

Half-wit: you mean scary.

Dickhead: oh my god yes I was just trying to be nice cause you said she’s ur friend but why does she always tell me I’m going to die young if I keep eating junk food? Did I do something bad to her or something??

Half-wit: LOL wtf

 

=

 

Hyukjae hyung!” a furious voice shouts the redhead student’s name as he walks down the hallway to his next class.

 

The interested stops whining over the tons of homework the teachers already started to harass them with for a second, so he can turn around and see who the hell is rudely hollering him like this. Until he recognizes Luhan and Sehun angrily stomping in his direction.

 

Oh my !” he miserably squeaks, while he hears Kyuhyun snickering next to him.

 

But before he can whip around and run away for his precious life, a firm hand claws the back of his jacket and fiercely pulls him back. Stumbling, he whimpers pathetically, before he finds himself trapped between the wall and two angry freshmen the next second. He briefly wonders if this is how his life is going to come to an end, until Luhan grabs his shoulders and starts shaking him like a fruit tree.

 

Hyukjae hyung!” he shouts out angrily. “Tell him! Tell Sehunnie that you were lying!”

 

“Well, technically –” he tries to defend himself and hide behind Kyuhyun’s back at the same time, but Luhan is quick to grip on his arm and keep him in place. His nails painfully dig in his skin through the fabric of his shirt as he starts to curse at him in a furious Chinese he doesn’t get a word of.

 

Kyuhyun is still laughing maniacally next to him, having no apparent thoughts about helping his best friend.

 

“Why are you like this with me, Hyung?” Sehun adds with a crestfallen expression. “I thought you cared for me.”

 

“If you think about it,” Hyukjae tries to resonate him. “I wouldn’t have told you that if I didn’t care for you.”

 

“But you lied!” Luhan repeats angrily, and a bit of his Chinese accent taints his words. “Sehunnie broke up with me for two weeks because he believed all the bull you said!”

 

“But you got together again, yes?” he tries to be cheerful. Behind them, Kyuhyun snorts disbelievingly. He sends him a small glare before he continues his reasoning. “You can think about it like a challenge for your couple or something. Just so you guys can see how you can overcome the difficulties life can bring to your happy bubble of love. In that case – which makes a lot of sense, really –, Sehun is actually the bastard in this story; he still believed me even if he’s supposed to trust you, since he loves you and all. How horrible is that, huh? He should have tried to know if what I said was true before assuming stuff and immediately breaking up with you. See? I’m only a victim, in this big mess.”

 

A pregnant pause falls between them, upon which the two freshmen blankly stare at him. Then, Luhan blinks and starts frowning.

 

“Wait,” he hisses dangerously, and Hyukjae has to shrink back in place at the murderous look the younger sends him. “Did you just call my Sehunnie a bastard?!”

 

=

 

Donghae blinks at the sight of the redhead when he sees him sulkily walking down the hallway to his next class. There’s a bruise spreading at the right side of his face, starting from his cheekbone to his sharp jawline. A frown quickly furrows his eyebrows as the brunette student wonders who the hell dared to raise hand on Hyukjae.

It was common knowledge that only Donghae had the rights to beat the daylights out of him, and to know that someone decided to break this unspoken rule really pisses him off.

Well, technically, he never really had the chance to punch Hyukjae that much, and there’s actually nothing like a rule stating he’s the only one who can kick him if he wants to, but still. It still annoys him like nothing else.

 

“What the happened to you?” he grumbles when Hyukjae walks past him.

 

The redhead spares him a conflicted look which quickly turns into a moody glare, before he mumbles “Nothing you need to know,” he retorts sulkily and proceeds to stomp away to the other end of the hallway.

 

Donghae hisses in his direction and harshly opens his locker. “What the hell is wrong with him, I’m just worried.”

 

Then, he pauses for a second and repeats the words in his mind. He lets out a horrified gasp and abruptly slams his locker close again.

 

What the , no I’m certainly not?!

 

=

 

Cutie pie,

Yes, you are the only one who knows about it. I never told anybody else, but my best friends probably already guessed it. Never bothered to confirm their theories though. Laughing at you for wanting to dump it to a shark, because the whole ocean will probably know about it afterward and mock you every time you decide to go to the beach. Oh my God that’d be so ing epic dude!

I turned a page, but that doesn’t mean I can’t remember what was written on it, you know. That’s why it still hurts sometimes. Not as much as before, though! And I hope I don’t look pathetic or something in these letters, because really, it’s not that bad. I really don’t care anymore but there’s some days I just feel down and need to talk to someone. And, well, it happens to be you, I guess. You ain’t so bad, so it’s good for me.

So about the random words;

 

I’ll start with the “someone special” thing first, because that’s actually something I asked you first. I just assumed that you did because you sounded so enthusiastic in that letter where you were telling me I was the best out of them all, and that all the bastards that rejected me because of my looks didn’t deserve me. You were kind of very passionate about this, I guess? And since you have a girlfriend, I thought you saw her as your special someone, you know? Isn’t that the case?

I love Disney movies! I really think that they’re all very good and I’m never against watching one anytime. I know there’s a few controversies about the production team and stuff, but when you forget about what happens behind the scenes, and that you’re young enough not to understand all the innuendos hidden in the movies and the touchy subjects they bring up in some of them, the Disney movies are just something you can’t help but to enjoy.

I don’t really have my most favorite one, although I pretty like Finding Nemo. The fish is kind of cute, but don’t tell anyone. I also watched Frozen last week and it’s a ing good plot, too. The interesting thing about this movie is the fact that the princesses don’t need the princes to save their life in the end, which is pretty refreshing compared to all the past clichés. But that’s as far as I’m concerned, I guess. Did you watch it?

I’d say s are ing perfect. You remember about the teasing? That’s definitely something you need to try someday; just try to imagine it. You’re on your bed, unashamedly displaying your body in front of whoever you’re about to have a steamy with. Your legs are spread wide just for that person to see, and you’re just so and ready for it. You take the in one hand and make sure to never break the eye contact as you start running its tip up and down you bare chest, always a bit lower toward your . You’re and mewling loudly, and you want it so ing bad that you start jerking yourself off. You use the to touch parts of you that always make you see stars, slowly bringing you closer to the edge, and you absolutely love it. But then it’s supposed to be teasing, right? So you slow down your hand around your and slick your fingers with lube instead, before you start rubbing them around your hungry hole. There’s a pair of lusty and avid eyes fixed on you as you continue , until a sharp cry leaves your lips when you push two fingers in. It hurts, but it’s also so good that it makes you breathless. You feel so depraved and naughty, and it makes you feel even hornier. You let out a long moan, just the way that guy likes it, as you add another finger and work them in your tight , just the way you like it, and when you can’t wait anymore, you reach for the and eagerly slide it inside. It burns everywhere and you let out a long mewl, one that blatantly shows how much you freaking love it. And then, your eyes firmly fixed on that guy, you slowly start ing yourself on it, like a dirty , long and slow, fast and hard – until that person snaps. You’re about ninety percent sure that they’re going to give you the time of your life.

 

My turn, then;

Dance

Top/bottom

Football

 

- Teasing-master-H

 

P.S: get your head out of the gutter, that wasn’t text-insults, you drama-queen.

 

=

 

Dickhead: WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE NOW I HAVE A ING IN THE MIDDLE OF MATHEMATICS CLASS

Half-wit: LMFAO

Dickhead: SHUT UP OMG NOW I’M SO BECAUSE OF YOU.

Half-wit: hahaha you’re so stupid.

Dickhead: it’s ur fault T-T what do I do now

Half-wit: what do you think, you just .

Dickhead: in the middle of class?? Are you crazy??

Half-wit: well i already did. It’s kinda hot

Dickhead: ..........EXCUSE YOU, YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Half-wit: nope 8D

Dickhead: you er

Half-wit: hey it’s not my fault you got a thinking about ing yourself with a up in the when you’re supposed to learn mathematic

Dickhead: it totally is.

Half-wit: I don’t really see what the problem is, though. All you have to do is touch yourself and be quiet about it.

Dickhead: .........dude I’m at the front row and my girlfriend is right next to me. How am I supposed to explain her I’m because a stupid dip like you wrote me a ing scene in a letter?? and that she definitely can't do anything about it because I really want to be ed right now??

Half-wit: AWKWARD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Dickhead: GO HANG YOURSELF YOU ER.

 

=

 

You ,

I hate you, do you know that?? How could you do this to me, seriously? I had to wait until the end of the period to go to the bathroom and . That was so awkward and it was so hard to stop myself from and I swear that sophomore dude gave me a weird look when I came out.

I’ll be glad to help and hear you out whenever you need. You don’t look pathetic at all, it happens to everybody. I don’t know if I really have a complex like yours, but we all have something we’re a bit ashamed of and all. Even if I still hate you for always making fun of me in these letters, and for the thing because really WTF dude, never hesitate to talk to me whenever you want to!

 

Oh my God, no. I do like my girlfriend, of course, but she’s definitely not the love of my life or something like that. She’s cute and nice, but it doesn’t go any further than a high school relationship, you know? I’m not saying you can’t find your special someone at school but I just know it’s not her. I was passionate about it because I believe in it, that’s all. Do you?

My perfect Disney movie is Finding Nemo, too! Friends make fun of me because I really like it :( I still didn’t get to watch Frozen, though! Don’t tell me what it’s about! I want to watch it soon but I couldn’t at my grandparents’ because it’s a small town and there’s no movie theater around there. I’ll try to go this week-end!

I’m not going to comment the thing anymore. There’s no way I’m getting another right now, just because you’re a erted .

 

Dance is my favorite hobby; I seriously like it! I’m a part of a dance club and I used to go to competitions when I was younger, until this family issue I told you about. I usually like smooth kind of dances, with a hint of R&B. When I was in sophomore year, I applied to the school competition (there was Lee Hyukjae in the team, too) and our high won second place!

Hmm, that’s a hard question. One the one hand, being top makes it easier to be on control over your lover. I’m not saying you can’t when you’re bottom, but that’s only my opinion. You can tease your partner (I know you like that) and watch their expression when you them so good and so hard they can’t help but screaming your name. I think it’s easier for me to let out my aggressiveness when I’m topping.

But on the other end, I really like being bottom, too. My partner can me hard and fast, just the way I like it. I already said this but I love rough . The feeling of not having anything to do but stay still and receive as much pleasure as your body can handle is simply amazing. And I feel like the sensations you have when you get ed are a lot stronger and greater than when you’re on top. Well, that applies only when the other party is good at what he does, of course.

Football is also one of my favorite hobbies, but I don’t know if I like it as much as I like dancing. It’s pretty much the same, but not completely so. I used to be a forward and I honestly think that I was pretty good at what I was doing. But like I said, family issues and all.

 

Hmm, so this time I’ll say strawberry, rain and racism.

 

- Still-crossed-at-you-for-the--thing-D

 

P.S: it totally was. And don't call me cute, you great prick.

 

=

 

Kyuhyun distractedly looks around the empty hallway to make sure that nobody is here to see him, before he quickly opens the door of the penpal club and casually strolls inside. As soon as he walks in, he spots Sungmin seated at his usual desk at the other side of the room. After quickly greeting Seohyun who is having a phone call (he guesses it's Yonghwa, judging by the happy smile she's failing to hide), he walks up to his boyfriend and half-sits on the edge of the table.

 

“Hello smexy,” he smirks and leans down to peck his lips. “What’s up?”

 

Sungmin beams at him and kisses him back before he wordlessly gestures to the piles of letters covering the most part of his desk. The younger hums thoughtfully and scrunches his nose up in reluctance. “I’m definitely not helping you this time,” he states firmly. “The last time I did, I discovered something definitely disturbing.”

 

A bright laugh answers him, and he can't help but smile lovingly (he really hates this part of himself, but only Sungmin knows about it so he guesses it's fine).

 

“That’s not so bad,” the other thoughtfully pursues his lips into a cute pout. “Who would have thought that Hyukjae and Donghae were penpals, huh?”

 

“Not me,” Kyuhyun sniffs contemptuously and goes to sit down next to his boyfriend. “Just think about it; when he’ll finally understand that we’re going out together – although I do have to admit it’ll take a long, long time before he does so – and then that he’s writing letters and texting to Lee Donghae, out of all people, what do you think his reaction is going to be, hmm? A freaking apocalypse, I tell you. And then I’ll be the one who has to patch things up.”

 

“You’re overreacting,” Sungmin rolls his eyes and pats his head. “What are they so worked up about, anyway? I still don’t get why they hate each other so much.”

 

“It’s completely stupid,” the younger snorts and makes an impatient flick of the hand. “Something about Donghae stealing Hyukjae’s last strawberry milk, and then Hyukjae spoiling Donghae’s books when they first met in freshman year. And then because they were two of the best students of the high, so they wanted to show that they were the best.”

 

Sungmin pauses and blankly stares at him, before he lets out a disbelieving sigh. He tiredly leans back into his uncomfortable chair and warmly welcomes the heated kiss Kyuhyun gives him a moment later. Even after all this time, he can't understand how both Donghae and Hyukjae can be so smart and so dumb at the same time.

And also, be so oblivious to the fact that they want each other so much the is actually suffocating.


ALL THE IN HERE I SWEAR.

this chapter so much, i'm so sorry ._. but it's longer so I hope it's still ok!

Thank you for reading, my precious readers <3 I can't believe you're already 400+ who subscribed, and 80+ who upvoted ;-; thank you so much!

Please remember to comment/upvote/subscribe! <3