Eighteen

The Letters from That Boy

eighteen;


“Hey, Hyukjae!”

 

At the call of his name, the interested student turns around, a sleepy expression firmly plastered on his face as he halfheartedly bites in his morning apple. “What,” he mutters under his breath, definitely not interested in any kind of socializing at this hour of the day.

 

A scoff is sent in his direction in response of his unenthusiastic behavior, and Kyuhyun raises a disbelieving eyebrow at him as he petulantly crosses his arms over his chest. Next to him, his boyfriend giggles softly, an amused grin stretching his lips. They are standing way too close to each other to be just friends (Kyuhyun is actually holding hands with something that isn’t his laptop), and Hyukjae has to wonder what the hell Sungmin was thinking about when he accepted to go out with this insolent brat.

Because nobody sane enough would find anything about him even close to attractive.

 

“How are you?” Sungmin greets him cheerfully (a word Kyuhyun clearly doesn’t know the existence of) and gives him a bright grin. “You’re going to high school on your own? Donghae isn’t with you today?”

 

Hyukjae blinks blankly at him and looks around in confusion, before his expression shifts into a crestfallen one, as if he has just realized that it is the first time this week that he isn’t walking to high school with Donghae. The next second, his shoulders slump down and his lips are pursued into a sad pout, and Sungmin suddenly has the image of a kicked puppy in front of him.

 

“No, he isn’t,” he utters, and the youngest of the three swears he hears his voice edging close to a whine. “He sent me a text this morning that said he’ll be late because he didn’t wake up on time.”

 

“Typical Donghae,” Sungmin shakes his head with a small sigh. “Anyways, he’ll probably be there for the first period. It’s good to see that you get along well, though.”

 

“Yeah,” his boyfriend scoffs haughtily. “That just took four ing years of your life to realize that you actually wanted to be friends with him. Do you realize all the time I wasted listening to you complaining about Donghae this, Donghae that? I should kick you.”

 

“Then I’ll kick you back,” the redhead student snaps at him with a glare. “And I won’t talk to you anymore, and Donghae will be my new best friend, you rude dip!”

 

“As if anybody else than me can tolerate your childish personality, you jerk!”

 

“Donghae can, ! At least he’s not bullying me half of the time!”

 

“I’m bullying you because I don’t like you!”

 

“Because you think that I do?!”

 

“Well, that’s a bit like pulling pigtails, isn’t it?” Sungmin laughs cheerfully and grips on Kyuhyun’s sleeve, stopping him from strangling his best friend on the spot. “Kinda cute, actually.”

 

The childish fight stops instantly when Hyukjae turns around to face him again, staring at him as if he has gone completely crazy.

“Ehh, sorry to break it to you,” he frowns seriously. “But Donghae doesn’t have pigtails.”

 

This time, Sungmin doesn’t hold Kyuhyun back.

 

=

 

“Well, well,” the teacher drawls out as soon as Donghae barges in the classroom ten minutes late. “Thank you for granting us of your presence, Mrs. Lee.”

 

The student grimaces a little and bows quickly, mumbling an apology under his breath before he quickly looks around the room. From the corner of the eyes, he can see Hyukjae sitting at the other side, with his bag keeping free the table next to his. A small smile creeps its way on his thin lips, but he is quick to erase it when the History teacher throws a disapproving glare in his direction.

 

“It’s already the second time this year, Donghae,” he states sternly. “Be careful, or I’ll have to give you a detention.”

 

“Yes, Sir,” he automatically replies, impatient to just drop the matter and go sit next to Hyukjae.

 

However, it seems like the teacher realizes his lack of interest, because his eyebrow twitches in annoyance. Huffing explosively, he orders him to go sit down and declares “All of you take a pen and piece of paper out. Spot test on the lesson we had last week.”

 

The groans of protest that immediately rise up in the classroom only prompts him to scoff and cross his arms over his chest. “Stop whining, or I’m adding a question.”

 

And silence instantly comes back. It’s so good to be the teacher sometimes.

 

=

 

Dickhae: hey hyuk? We’re friends right?

Hyuk-wit: just say the question you want the answer of

Dickhae: number 5?

Hyuk-wit: B

Dickhae: thanks dude you’re the best <3

Hyuk-wit: I know 8D

 

=

 

,

Why so much hatred 8D You know I was only joking! And yeah, you’re way too stupid to realize this kind of basic things, hah ;)

Oh my God, do you have a dog? Because I used to have one, too, and its name was Bada! But then it died :( so I’m pestering mom so she gets me a new one. She’s about to give in, I shall persevere è.é

Please, it was pretty obvious that you were together. At least, she made it obvious. She was always blushing and stammering when you were around, and you looked like you were trying really hard to take care of her. You were probably doing a better job that I did with Hara, though orz. And oh my God, don’t tell me you still like her??

Nah, but I plan on doing it today. And of course I’m going to break up. Not going to stay with that any longer.

 

- D (who’s in mathematics class and taking enormous risks to write this letter cause the teacher is a prick) <3

 

=

           

The small hearts Donghae has now decided to send along almost all of his texts have Hyukjae’s heart pulsing so fast in his chest he’s scared he might die of a heart attack by the end of the week.

 

Dickhae: wait for me so we can have lunch together? <3

 

But, he thinks shyly when an overwhelming warmth spread through him upon receiving another text from the brunette, I like it.

 

Hyukjae: of course :) <3

 

Now, he just has to wonder if he isn’t getting his hopes up a bit too much.

 

=

 

Because who the hell is he trying to fool, anyway?

He is so crushing on Donghae.


that's about ing time you realize it, you qtie.

short chapter, but the next one is coming soon. I have no idea how i'm going to wrap everything up in six chapters, but well. I guess that's the challenge........

thank you so much for all the love <3 please remember to comment/upvote/subscribe!