Nineteen

The Letters from That Boy

nineteen;


“You know, Ming,” Kyuhyun conversationally speaks up, but a hint of deep annoyance heavily shadows his tone of voice. “I thought that these two idiots ing finally understanding how to use a brain and becoming friends would sort things out...”

 

Looking up from his Japanese novel (a romance, as usual), Sungmin tilts his head to the side in curiosity and glances up in the direction where his boyfriend is glaring at, before letting out a small chuckle.

 

“– but no,” the younger eventually grits out. “It actually became worse.”

 

And sure enough, Donghae and Hyukjae are standing close to each other at the other side of the courtyard, looking as if they’re bickering again. Goofy smiles are plastered on their face, however, and it looks like they have blocked everything out but just the two of them. They seem to be lost in their own world, and it’s almost if Sungmin can’t see the rainbows and unicorns.

Scrunching his nose up, he watches the way the redhead student earnestly gazes at Donghae, as if there’s nothing more interesting in the world than whatever he is talking about – and he just knows that Hyukjae will be the whipped boyfriend in their relationship, if they ever come to realize how much they want each other.

And the erted kind, too, judging by the way he appreciatively eyes Donghae’s plump when he turns around.

 

“Why the hell aren’t they ing yet?” Kyuhyun snaps with a whine. “I could practically cut the if only I had a knife. And Hyukjae looks so smitten it’s almost embarrassing.”

 

Sungmin laughs a little and presses a soft kiss on his lips to calm him down, earning a contented sigh. “It’s rather cute, actually,” he shrugs. “At least, Hyukjae looks like he finally realized that he likes Donghae.”

 

“He’d better have,” Kyuhyun grunts darkly, before bringing his boyfriend into a heated kiss. “Or I’ll seriously punch him.”

 

=

 

Hyukjae groans unhappily when two legs rest themselves on his lap while he is trying to finish his English essay by the time deadline fixed by his teacher (which is in two hours (p.s.: he still hasn’t started it yet)).

 

Move,” he hisses at Donghae, who only whines in return. “I’m trying to work right now.”

 

Frowning disapprovingly, he nudges the strong thighs (and has to stop himself from focusing on the heat that spreads in his groin at the thought of what these ing yummy thighs could do wrapped around his waist) and tries to hold his laptop on top of them in a precarious balance.

 

“But I’m tired,” the other pouts cutely, and Hyukjae is sure that he knows what it does to him to see him looking so adorable. “You still can work this way, right?”

 

The puppy eyes he gives him almost have Hyukjae’s resolution crumbling down into useless pieces.

But no – as much as he likes Donghae, he can’t afford failing the subject only because of him.

 

(He has decided that he’ll start freaking out about the I ing like Lee Donghae what the do I do now issue when he won’t be under academic pressure anymore.)

 

“But it counts for half of my grade, Donghae!” he protests. “I need to do it!”

 

An awkward silence answers it, until the brunette student utters softly “I talked to Hara earlier.”

 

Hyukjae stops trying to push his legs off his lap all at once (although it was a bit too halfhearted to look sincere) and worriedly looks up at his friend with a frown. “And?” he asks.

 

Genuine concern and guilty happiness are messing with his head and confused emotions, leaving him dumbfounded as to what he is supposed to feel at this precise moment. He wants to be worried for Donghae and show him that he’s here, that he knows the pain he must be in – but he also wants to be happy, and excited about their official break-up, just so he can revel in the knowledge that the brunette is finally single again.

Why do I sound so pathetically lovestruck even to myself? he wonders desperately.

 

“And we broke up,” Donghae only shrugs, but the way he distractedly chews on his lower lip tells the redhead that he is a bit upset about the whole matter.

 

Without thinking about it twice, he closes his laptop and puts it on the bench next to him, before he pulls on his sleeve until his head is resting on his shoulder. “It’s fine,” he tells him quietly, and ignores the jealous tug his heart fiercely gives him. “You said you didn’t love her, right?”

 

Donghae only hums under his breath and nuzzles his nose into the fabric of his shirt, before replying with a muffled voice “She still cheated on me, even if I know I was partially at fault. And I don’t like breakups,” he mumbles. “I’m alone again, and I don’t like it. I don’t like loneliness.”

 

“I’m here, aren’t I?” Hyukjae tries to joke. “You just go and try to get rid of me now.”

 

A small giggle is his answer, before he feels Donghae rubbing the side of his face against his shoulder. “You’re right,” he says and Hyukjae knows that he’s smiling again – that things are fine again. “You’re here. Hyukkie is here.”

 

=

 

In the end, Hyukjae doesn’t finish his English essay on time, but he thinks that it’s okay because Donghae has found him a new pet name.

(What the are you saying, get your head out of the gutter.)

And he reckons that even if he dies right now, he would still be happy.

 

=

 

Hyuk-wit: Dude I was thinking about it but you seriously need to come back to the soccer team so we can go to the finaaalss ;A;

Dickhae: I don’t know Hyuk

Hyuk-wit: ........

Hyuk-wit: Do you remember Kim Dongwoo from Ingoo High?

Dickhae: uhh yeah what about him?

Hyuk-wit: he said you probably quitted the team because you’re too chicken.

Dickhae: WHAT??! THAT BASTARD I’M GONNA SHOW HIM OK I’M BACK ES

 

=

 

“By the way,” Hyukjae asks distractedly as he doodles all over Kyuhyun’s exercise book, after he easily managed to convince Donghae of coming back to the soccer team (he’s a bit proud, to be honest). “Why did you leave in the first place?”

 

The brunette student looks up at him with wide eyes, his expression suddenly helpless and hurt as he starts fiddling with a pencil. Biting on his lower lip, he frowns a little and feels a familiar sadness choking him. “It’s – because of my father,” he mumbles.

 

The words make another rush of pain abruptly squeeze his heart, prompting a wince to take him before he slumps his shoulders down. Pressing his lips into a tight line, he opens his mouth once again and tries to get the sentence out –

 

“It’s fine,” Hyukjae cuts him off before he can speak again. “You don’t have to tell me,” he continues. “I mean, it’d be nice if you did but you don’t have to force yourself either. It’s obvious that you’re not ready to talk about it.”

 

He looks down at the mess he made on Kyuhyun’s notebook and frowns with a conflicted expression, as if trying to find the right words, before he glances up again and gives him a bright gummy smile. “I’m sorry that I asked, ok?”

 

Donghae blinks at him and feels an overwhelming warmth spread through him at the caring words. “…thanks,” he mutters a bit uncertainly.

 

Since when Hyukjae has become so charming?

 

=

 

Nemo (mwahaha),

Please, you wouldn’t have gotten the hint either! If I’m dumb, then you’re at least as much as I am, you idiot.

Yep, I do! Her name is Choco, and it’s a Chihuahua. I think. I’m not so sure. Well, all I know is that it’s the cutest, fluffiest dog I’ve ever seen <3 I’d show you a picture, but 1) it’s a letter, and 2) she always has a -face on selcas :( And yeah, you should totally try and have a new puppy! And then we can take them for a walk together!

Oh really? I don’t remember that. And I’m always caring with my boyfriend/girlfriend when I have one. You’ve obviously never dated me, else you’d already be crawling to get me in your bed ahahaha. And nah, I don’t like her anymore. But she is adorable. I only care for her as a friend, now. And she has a new boyfriend anyway.

 

- H (who doesn’t want you to feel upset about Hara or your father anymore :()

 

P.S.: I’ve got a food surprise for you tonight! 8D <3

 

=

 

“Oh my God,” Hyukjae groans for the nth time that night. “I can’t believe you’re actually making me do this.”

 

His eyes warily narrowed at the darkness that surrenders the deserted high school, he throws a small glare in Donghae’s direction. Exasperated, the latter only sighs under his breath and proceeds to ignore him, as he continues fiddling with the handle of the back door.

It’s already close to eleven o’clock in the evening, but the two students had to come back to the high school when the brunette realized that he had forgotten his cellphone in his locker.

 

“We’ve been friends for barely two weeks, and you’re already dragging me in your mess,” the other grumbles again, as he makes sure that nobody is coming their way.

 

“Will you shut up,” Donghae finally snaps and turns around in a flash to punch his shoulder. “If you helped me instead of complaining, we’d already be out of here, you useless !”

 

The redhead gives him an outraged gasp as he finally sneaks inside, stepping as quietly as possible in the main hallway. “You could at least thank me for being here, !” he vaguely hears him gritting out, which only prompts him to roll his eyes in exasperation.

 

“We’re so going to get caught,” Hyukjae states dramatically, but still follows him to his locker. “And if we do, I’m telling them that you drugged me and threatened me to come with you.”

 

Donghae scoffs quietly as he finally retrieves his phone, before he whips around and glares in his direction. “It’s all your fault anyway!” he hisses.

 

“Excuse you, how the is that supposed to be my – the janitor.”

 

A light coming from the other end of the hallway throws them into panic. Whisper-yelling under their breath, they frantically push each other away until they’re relatively safe in the shadows of the staircase.

 

“Is there someone in here?” they hear the familiar voice of the janitor speak up in suspicion. “If it’s a student, I’ll have to report you.”

 

Heavy steps resonate closer and louder, until it feels like the man is standing right next to them. Donghae yelps in fear, before he grabs on Hyukjae’s arm and drags him away.

 

“Hurry the up and hide in there!” he whispers as lowly as he can.

 

Where?!”

 

“Oh my ing – here, you idiot!”

 

And the next moment, Hyukjae finds himself locked in a dusty broom closet of the staircase. A squeak flows out of his lips when a chest is suddenly pressed against his, wriggling around until they’re both fitted inside and unnoticeable from the janitor. When he realizes a second later how close to Donghae he is standing, he can feel his heart pulsing even faster than it usually does when he is with him. Fearing that he might hear the frenetic thuds in his chest and because the chances that he might sport another plastered against the object of his desires are high, he squirms uncomfortably and tries to get away from him, his hands desperately pushing him away.

But then, Donghae is hissing in his direction and tells him to ing stop moving, and that he’d better stay quiet if he doesn’t want him to strangle him until next morning. Hyukjae can only whimper quietly, as he looks up and stubbornly stares at a high corner of the cupboard.

 

“It’s all your fault,” Donghae whines again, his voice so low it comes out as a breath that deliciously grazes his neck.

 

“It so isn’t!” he retorts, and tries not to be affected by the way deft fingers grip on the hem of his jacket and brush on his clothed chest. “I’m not the one who decided to put my phone in my locker and then forget it.”

 

“But that’s because you told me you’d bring me to a tacos restaurant,” the other mumbles, and it is so easy for Hyukjae to picture him pouting up at him. He flutters his eyes close and wills himself not to look down – and certainly not catch a glimpse of Lee Donghae’s face. “I was so happy that I got excited and forgot about my phone…”

 

Don’t do this, don’t do this­.

 

“Hyukkie?” Donghae calls curiously when he doesn't reply. “Are you okay?”

 

Don’t do this – no I’m ing not ok, you attractive – don’t do this, don’t do this.

But before Hyukjae can’t stop himself from doing anything stupid, he lowers his gaze and suddenly meets a pair of bright, round eyes. His breath abruptly stopping at the bottom of his throat, he gazes at brown locks of hair, long eyelashes which lightly touch the tanned skin of a flawless face whenever the pair of beautiful orbs flutters close, crooked teeth, a straight nose that is cutely scrunched up because of the dusty air surrounding them, a mischievous innocence painted over smooth and handsome features – and just something so Donghae that has Hyukjae blushing furiously.

Then, his eyes trail even lower, until they catch the glimpse of a pair of pink, thin lips, which are so deliciously tempting it makes his head spin around with desire.

 

=

 

As if lost in a trance, Hyukjae then slowly leans over and gently presses his lips over Donghae’s parted ones.

And it tastes like pure paradise.


YES GUYS I'VE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS MOMENT.

I did say I'd update this chapter soon, so here it is :"> I hope you liked it? the fluffiness in all these chapters has me cringing nonstop, but as long as you guys enjoy it, then it's fine :D though i'd really to curl into a ball and cry, because this chapter is just -- okay i'll stop. sorry about that orz /sobs all over you ;-;

Anyways, please remember to comment/upvote/subscribe <3 thank you so much for reading!

Aaaaand; our favorite myeolchi's birthday fic right here >>> And He Remembers...