Four

The Letters from That Boy

four;


Dear Taken-and-apparently-proud-of-it,

Congrats on that, dude. Is she a student of the high school? I wonder if she knows you’re talking about wanking with a dude you barely know, and that you’re a member of the penpal club. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t look at you the same way after I tell her all that (/snickers evilly because yes).

Nah, I’m single. I do have an interested eye on the waitress of this Italian restaurant at the mall (she’s hot, dude) but I don’t think I’ll ever be in a serious relationship like yours soon.

This is useful information you’re giving me. Then I might kidnap Siwon and force him to make lunch and dinner at my house next Sunday. Don’t be surprised if you don’t see him at the church. But then I’m definitely kicking him out. I shall not abuse of his kindness, you see? (Did you note the sarcasm? Because it was totally intentional).

 

The History test went well.

 

…I CHEATED OK.

 

- Swindler-H.

 

=

 

Hyukjae doesn’t know what he’s supposed to think about Goo Hara and Lee Donghae’s recent relationship. The girl really doesn’t look like the brunette’s type, so he doesn’t understand why he’s decided to date her; she’s petite, cute but kind of y at the same time, looks nice and is said to be one of the best top-grade students of the high school, and –

Well, okay. Maybe he can understand the reasons why Donghae decided to make her his girlfriend. Although Hyukjae would have never tried to approach her. Plus, the fact that she’s dating the other brat is enough of a reason for him to dislike her right to the bones.

Now he is sitting on a bench of the high school schoolyard, pretending he’s not looking at the couple furiously making-out, when in truth he’s glaring at them so hard he’s almost surprised he doesn’t see a hole burning Donghae’s back of the head yet. Not that it would make a huge difference, mind you; the jerk is already stupid, it’s not like it would change anything, in Hyukjae’s opinion.

As he continues finding flaws about them as much as possible (his list could be written as an essay, really), the bell rings the next period. He gets up, heaving a sigh and glancing at Donghae and Hara a last time before going to class.

They are holding hands and goofily smiling at each other.

 

Hyukjae has to hold himself back from throwing up in pure disgust, because really; eewww.

 

=

 

The redhead student decides he won’t think about them anymore for the rest of the day because it makes his stomach twirls very uncomfortably every time he does, and he’s not sure whether it’s because he’s too disgusted by their lovely romance thing or because he’s getting sick.

With a grimace, he slumps down at his desk in History class and earns a nasty glare from Kyuhyun. He’s about to relax and steal a gulp of water from the younger’s bottle (even though he knows he hates it and he’s probably going to be tortured for a week because of it), Donghae appears at the other side of the open door with Hara clinging on his arm. They share a short kiss because the girl walks away, and then the brunette goes in the very same classroom Hyukjae is sitting in. He blinks in surprise, before a long groan slips out of his lips.

 

Right, he’s in my History class, too.

 

The last time he’s had History class, it was for the test and it had been really, really easy to forget about the brunette’s very, very annoying presence.

As he wonders if his day could get any worse, a paper pellet hits the side of his head. He whips around on his chair and murderously glare at the bastard who dared to throw it.

At the back of the room, Donghae is sneering at him, smirking evilly. Hyukjae sighs.

 

Of course.

 

=

 

Dear Rebellious-H,

No she doesn’t, and she will never know. You’ve just given me a reason to never tell you who she is. You probably know her because she’s a student of the high, as you guessed in your last letter, but there’s a lot of females here. Just try and find her. I’ll kill you if she gets to know what we’re talking about in here.

The girl is cute, but the guy is even hotter. We went on a date once, and he’s a damn good kisser.

“DON’T STEAL MY COOK-SLAVE, YOU ” is what I want to say but nah, he’s all yours. The happiness of not having him at mine for a week-end is such an underrated feeling.

 

And for the test, I don’t believe you in the slightest. Please, you cheating? I can tell you’re not this type of guy only by the way you write, dumbhead.

 

- Judging-you-for-trying-to-look-cool-D

 

=

 

After the childish I’m-throwing-paper-pellets-at-you incident, Donghae is pissed off and frustrated; the teacher caught him toward the end of the lesson and gave him a detention for this afternoon. The brunette has already finished all his classes for the day but now he has to stay longer just because Mr. Kim had to be a jerk. The worst is that Hyukjae didn’t even get one despite looking so much like a monkey it was offendibg, so he’s going to be all alone for one hour.

He sighs explosively and stomps to his locker. He really needs to find Hyukjae right now so he can start a good fight and relieve a little bit of the stress he’s been cumulating (he’s saying that but he only wants to vent his anger actually). However, when he opens his locker, there’s this familiar letter laying on top of his other stuff.

Unconsciously, a tiny grin spreads on his thin lips and he picks it up, looking pleasef. He would never admit it but he’s started to anticipate these small letters he’s been sharing with the penpal.

Then he hears a familiar voice coming from the other end of the hall. Tilting his head around, he spots Hyukjae walking with his friend Kyuhyun, looking disgruntled as the younger hisses at his ear. The redhead looks as pissed-off as he is.

Donghae smiles. So he gets H’s letter but also the chance to beat Yeurkjae to a pulp. Luck seems to be on his side, finally.

 

=

 

Jerk (this is my new affectionate nickname for you),

Threats will get you nowhere. It even motivates me to find your girlfriend’s name even more, actually. You might have to listen to my advice and start thinking of a good excuse. You never know, maybe I’m talking really bad about you to her right ing now.

You know what, I can even bring these letters to Siwon and tell him how much you seem to like him (LOL immensely tinged with sarcasm).

 

And what, how would you know if I cheated or not, you bastard. Maybe I did, and you should kneel in front of me because I so ing great.

 

- Underestimated-H.

 

P.S: Are you gay?

 

=

 

When Hyukjae wakes up the morning after, he feels like and barely has the strength to get out of bed. He only manages to take two steps out of his bedroom when his older sister Sora bumps into him in the hallway and gives him a disgusted glance.

 

“Ew, keep your dirty germs for yourself,” she sniffs and quickly walks (runs) away from him.

 

Hyukjae scowls at her, giving her the two fingers salute, because he certainly is not sick, before he reiterates his attempt to go down to the kitchen and beg his mother for a hot chocolate.

But apparently, the whole family has decided to team up together against his poor self without him knowing because as soon as he walks in the kitchen (and frantically looks for hot chocolate), both his parents look at him disapprovingly. His mother has a worried expression as she ushers him back into bed, stating he won’t be going anywhere for the next couple of days. His father, on the other hanf, snickers along with Sora and mocks him for being so weak and falling sick while it’s not even winter yet.

The redhead really wants to curse at them.

 

Fifteen minutes later, he’s back in his bed with the confirmation that yes, he does have a fever and that it actually wasn’t because his mother turned the heater too high, and that the coughing that takes him every few and then apparently isn’t because he’s got a frog in his throat (frankly, it's almost if he isn't choking). His mother practically forces spoons of syrup down his throat, and threatens him to take his laptop and phone away if he doesn’t sagely sleep until lunch.

Hyukjae tries to beg and say that he isn’t really sick, that he’s strong enough to go through a day even if he looks miserable, but his mother is kind of scary and after she gives him a good pinch at his sides, he complies with a defeated groan.

He’s not sick at all. And if he falls asleep even before his mother has the time to go out of his bedroom, it’s only because he’s a lazy and nothing else.

 

=

 

Dip,

I don’t think you are at all, because she’s right next to me as I’m writing this, and I don’t see any penpal idiots lurking around. Except if you’re the school janitor, and no offense, but if you are, I’m afraid we’ll have to stop this thing right away.

DON’T YOU DARE BRING THESE ING LETTERS TO SIWON, YOU . What do I do if he starts wailing at me? If he cries?! He might totally cry. And then he would tell his father because he’s a father’s boy, and then his father would tell mine, and I’ll get sacked from my own house. I repeat, don’t you ing dare.

Well first because the way you write looks too nice, and second because you told me last week that you’d sleep three nights in a row so you could study the paragraphs required for the test. Simple logic, dear penpal friend.

 

- Smarter-than-you’d-think-and-probably-than-you-D

 

P.S: …I have a girlfriend, remember? It confirms my theory about me being smarter than you. I’m biual, actually. Is that a problem?

 

=

 

The next day, neither a new letter nor Hyukjae are in his locker or at the high school. It makes him feel perplexed and he wonders if there's anything wrong either with his penpal or with Hyukjae. Until he remembers he's supposed to hate the redhead jerk. Donghae waits until the end of the day, unhappy that Hyukjae isn’t there (he really wants to kick someone, he tells himself), and that his penpal friend still hasn’t replied (he needs something to distract himself for when he'll take the bus home, after all). Actually, he doesn’t know what is the most annoying out of both things. Hara senses his bad mood and tries to cheer him up with long making-out sessions when they have a break (they kissed so hard and so long his lips are still swollen), doing her best to gain his attention.

But when the bell rings the end of the last period and of the day, he is forced to admit that he won’t catch a glimpse of neither, and it seriously pisses him off.


Donghae and Hyukjae are a couple of idiots. JUST SHAG ALREADY FOR 'S SAKE

 

Omfg I'm updating this way too fast. Hope you guys liked it huhu ~

Comments are very, very appreciated. Like, I'm dying of happiness every time you send one. And then upvotes, too. I love youuu

 

P.S: I completed my story Naughty Mouth. I hope that those who didn't read it yet can check it out and tell me what they think.

There's also Beautiful Wolf, which I'm going to update very soon.

 

Anyway, thank you for reading!