Ten

The Letters from That Boy

ten;


“Hyung!” Donghae excitedly exclaims when his brother steps in their grandparents’ house on Saturday afternoon. “Hyung, it’s been so long since I saw you! How are you?”

 

“Fine,” Donghwa tiredly replies, and the younger barely notes the heavy sarcasm behind these words. “I’m completely knackered, and the food in the train was absolutely horrible – but yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“Oh ok, I’m so sorry to hear that, it must have been so horrible,” he automatically says, but it really doesn’t sound like he meant any words he just spoke out. The older gives him a small glare, which he easily ignores. “Hyung, can we go to the creek today? Please, please? Can we?”

 

Donghwa rolls his eyes at him when he starts pouting pleadingly and walks past him in the corridor to put his suitcase next to the staircase. He feels way too tired to climb up all the way to his usual bedroom after the long trip he just made to come here. Sighing, he rolls his sore shoulders with a small grunt and turns around, ready to beg his mother for a hot chocolate, when Donghae is suddenly all over him again.

 

“Hyung – hyung,” he repeats excitedly, and Donghwa has to wonder if this kid has actually ever grown up. Because it really looks like he didn’t go past the stage of a five-year-old brat. “Can we go to the creek, please? You said we’d go when you get here, remember?”

 

“That I did,” the older grants with a small nod. “But I already feel too exhausted to get to the ing living-room, so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow. Or next year, because I doubt only one night of rest is going to be enough for my poor body.”

 

With the firm intention not to fall for Donghae’s trademark puppy eyes, he resolutely turns around and practically has to crawl his way to the kitchen. The rest of the family is already here, settled at the main table and drinking tea. But before Donghwa can greet each of them, his younger brother plasters himself against his back and tightly hug him from behind.

 

“That’s because you’re getting old,” he easily retorts with a whining voice. “Come with me, you promised!”

 

While Donghwa rolls his eyes for the second time since he came here (he tends to do that a lot when Donghae is around), their parents chuckle softly and his grandmother warmly smiles at the both of them. With a sigh, he turns around and ruffles his brother’s already messy hair.

 

“Look, dude,” he says with a laugh when Donghae glares at him. “I just went through five hours of train to come here and see you. I think that I deserve a day without having to do anything besides sleeping. Then I promise I’ll dump you in the stream as much as you want to – and maybe even more.”

 

This time, a beaming smile spreads on Donghae’s lips and his eyes start sparkling in excitement one more time, and Donghwa has to stop himself from cooing at the adorable sight.

 

“But I want to go now, though?” he ends up frowning again and pouts cutely, before he whines “You’re no fun, hyung.”

 

Donghwa rolls his eyes – again (see what I mean?) – and skeptically wonders if his classmates know about the crybaby that is hidden beneath all the handsomeness.

 

“Tell me the truth,” their father speaks up at that moment, laughing loudly. “You never reached went past the five-year-old mentality, right?”

 

Ditto, Dad.

 

=

 

Donghae: hello?

 

Half an hour later, the brunette student is still sulking in the living-room and refuses to talk to any of his family members, stating that there is no way he will as long as they continue to team up against him and try to psychologically weaken him. The fact that his brother told him he’s a little spoiled brat absolutely does not have anything to do with him acting this childishly.

But after realizing that pouting tends to get a bit boring halfway through (Sungmin always falls for it during the first ten minutes, so he usually doesn't have this problem), he has decided that if he can’t talk to anyone in the house (he’s a really determined – not to say ing stubborn­ – guy), he can always text one of his friends. Except Sungmin is out of the country for the first week and Hara doesn’t reply anymore since she claimed not to have any battery left. And it's not like he can go bully Hyukjae around, since the brat apparently decided to stay at Seoul.

So in the end…

 

Half-wit: hi, what’s up?

 

…he decides that he can always talk with his penpal, even if they technically don’t have to since it’s the vacations.

 

Donghae: I’m bored…..

Half-wit: Well I’d like to tell you that it’s also the case for me, but that’d be a lie 8D

 

Donghae snorts at that and has already forgotten about his brother’s betrayal. Sprawled on the sofa, he rolls on his stomach and purposefully kicks Donghwa in the chin, who grunts at him.

 

Donghae: you’re an , do you know that?

Half-wit: that’s why you like me, babe.

 

He lets out a short laugh, eliciting a curious look from his brother.

 

Donghae: who the hell said I like you

Half-wit: still in denial I see. Poor baby.

Donghae: you I hate you, you prick. Don’t call me baby.

Half-wit: haha whatever you say, baby!

 

Laughing loudly, Donghae shakes his head in amusement as he reads the text his penpal just sent him. That was definitely a good idea to share phone numbers, he thinks approvingly. “What an , though,” he mutters with a small grin.

 

=

 

Move!” Kyuhyun screeches as he frantically pushes on the buttons of his joystick.

 

You move!” Hyukjae hisses back while he vehemently tries to kick Kyuhyun’s car out of the road and get his own character to win the video game they are playing at.

 

Next to them, Kibum is excitedly watching their automobile race while they are trying to virtually kill each other (although it’s technically not possible since it’s only a Mario Kart game).

It’s already the first Monday of their vacations, and Hyukjae can’t be any happier of his plans for the upcoming two weeks of complete freedom; sleep, eat, watch some and play games with his friends, which mainly include Kibum and Kyuhyun – and sometimes Siwon, too (but that’s only once in a blue moon, really).

 

“Oh my ,” Hyukjae eventually yells in panic. “I’m ing losing!”

 

Next to him, Kyuhyun lets out an arrogant laugh as his Bowser character (which oddly suits him, actually) mercilessly sends his Donkey Kong going off the road.

 

“Of course you are, you little !” he snickers maniacally. “Who the hell do you think you are playing against, huh? I'm a freakin' god.”

 

“What I think is that you’re a ing !” Hyukjae snaps angrily when the words Game Over flash on his part of the screen. Then, without realizing it, he adds moodily “And also a stupid e for trying to date Oh Sehun.”

 

An awkward moment goes by when both Kyuhyun and Kibum turn toward him with puzzled expressions. They stare at him as if he is crazy, and Hyukjae defiantly crosses his arms on his chest.

 

What?”

 

“That’s what I am supposed to say, you complete sod,” Kyuhyun snaps. “Have you gone completely insane? Sehun is a ing freshman!”

 

“That’s exactly why you’re a horrible little bastard,” Hyukjae huffs dramatically.

 

Kibum looks at them confusedly, before he turns to frown at the younger. “But I thought you were going out with Sung–”

 

Before he can say anything else, Kyuhyun sends him a hard glare and whips around to swat Hyukjae at the back of his head.

 

Aouch!” the redhead student cries out and Kibum bursts out laughing.

 

The latter heavily gets on his feet and grabs a back of chips on his way, before he flops down next to them. The two others immediately reach for the snacks, lazily sprawled on the couch.

 

“You’re so stupid,” Kibum sighs dramatically. “Wait – that’s why you were being so weird with Kyuhyun lately? Because you thought he was dating Oh Sehun? Out of all people?”

 

“Why?” Hyukjae blinks and frowns, looking completely clueless. “Isn't it the case…?”

 

Of course not!” they both yell at him in exasperation, before they all burst out laughing and try to snatch more of the chips. “Are you really stupid, or what?” Kyuhyun adds with a snort.

 

“Well… you said you had a boyfriend, no?” the redhead pouts a little and wolfs down a handful of crisps.

 

“And you thought it was Sehun?” he asks incredulously.

 

“Well it’s shocking and his name starts with an ‘S’, does it not?” Hyukjae replies uncertainly. He feels like hiding in a corner under his best friends’ judging looks.

 

“You’re stupid,” Kyuhyun states with a contemptuous sniff. “There’s also Suho, you know? And Sunggyu, and Seungri, Sungjong, Sungyeol… Damn, there’s even Siwon, you stupid er.”

 

Hyukjae blinks in bewilderment, before he gasps in horror. “Oh my God?!” he cries out dramatically. “Are you actually dating Choi Siwon?!”

 

Of course not you great bastard,” Kyuhyun yells at him and abruptly kicks him.

 

Hyukjae loses his balance and falls down the couch with a yelp, his painfully colliding with the hard floor. He grimaces, and starts sulking when Kibum and Kyuhyun mockingly laugh at him.

He really needs to change his friends.

 

 

=

 

Half-wit: did I ever tell u that my best friend is an ?

Dickhead: I think you did, yes. A couple of times, already.

Half-wit: well it didn’t change since the start of the vacations, in case you were wondering.

Dickhead: oh my thanks, you just brightened my day, I don’t know what to say??! My life has become so much better now that I know that.

Half-wit: shut up you ing jerk

Dickhead: well, that’s why you like me, babe~

Half-wit:

Dickhead: 8D


I'M UPDATING THIS WAY TOO FAST COMMENTS RIGHT EFFING NOW.

hullo people <3 here comes the third chapter! Mainly text messages because they're on vacations and all, and I tried to focus on their personal life a bit more than usual. Did it work, though? /sigh. Feel free to tell me if it gets boring :(

Anyways, gifs 4U (credits to the owners);

EUNHAE'S LEVEL OF DUMBNESS.

 

  HOW THE READERS FEEL RIGHT NOW.

The frustration I can read in the comments you guys wrote is so hilarious XD I promise it'll change soon, hahaha. Or not?

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Thank you for reading, and please remember to comment/upvote/subscribe!