Muse and

He's Losing The Game

"Good morning, sir."

 

He looked at their homeroom teacher as he went inside the roam. Chanyeol noticed that his white hair has  grown in numbers. After placing his things on the table, he fixed his eyeglass and looked at the class with a grin on his face. "I have an announcement to make, so listen carefully."

 

"What is it, sir?"

 

"The school festival will be next week. A ball will be held on the first night of the festival, so get your clothes ready. The school will also be awarding the muse and of the night, so we should vote on who or representatives should be," the teacher explained.

 

The class roared in excitement as they looked around the room for the class representatives. Chatters filled the room as everyone discussed with their friends. Chanyeol turned to the girl beside him who was too busy to ever care on what was going in. Her hair was tied on a bun as she secretly read a book she borrowed from the library a few days ago.

 

A mischievious smile formed on his face as he thought of an idea. He hurriedly opened his notebook and scratched off a piece. After crumpling it, he aimed it at her and off it flew.

 

"Awww!" Yoora exclaimed as something hit her head. She sighed as she turned at the grinning man beside her. "Tch, wanna die?" She glared at him.

 

Chanyeol laughed. "Why are you so cute when you're angry, huh?"

 

She rolled her eyes and went back to what she was reading. Chanyeol smirked.

 

"Okay class, have you decided on your representatives?" The teacher asked after giving the class a few minutes to talk within themselves.

 

Hayoung, the class president, raised her hand. "Sir, I have a suggestion."

 

"Yes, who?"

 

"Park Chanyeol."

 

All the girls nodded in agreement. 

 

"Definitely! Chanyeol is indeed the most handsome in this class." Jimin, the class secretary, added as she looked at her friends. "I think I'm fit for the muse," she whisperred to her friend.

 

Chanyeol smiled proudly as he crossed his legs like a boss. He's used to being called handsome, but hearing praises like this still makes him happy. This is why he is thankful of his parents for giving birth to someone as good-looking as him.

 

"Chanyeol, will that be alright with you?" the teacher asked.

 

He stood up from his seat nd fixed his hair before speaking, "I'm fine with it. But with one condition." He paused as he glanced at Yoora who's still busy reading her book.

 

"What is it?"

 

He looked back to their teacher and smiled. "The muse should be Yoora."

 

"What?" Jimin exclaimed. She thought it was her. Disappointment was visible on her face, as well as everybody else's.

 

"Yes, I choose Yoora. I think she's the prettiest." All the boys nodded in agreement while some of the girls sighed in jealousy. 

 

"Alright." The teacher nodded as she looked for Yoora around the class. "Will that be alright with you then, Yoora?" 

 

Silence.

 

"Yoora?"

 

Chanyeol can't help but laugh. She's too immersed with the book. 

 

"Yoora, are you listening?" Baekhyun asked as he tapped her head. "The teacher is calling you."

 

As she looked up, Yoora was shocked to see everybody looking at her. She hurriedly stood up from her seat and threw the book under her table. She looked around and thought of what to say. 

 

"Say yes," Chanyeol whisperred.

 

She didn't hear the teacher's question so she just nodded. "Um, yes?"

 

"Aright then, they will be our class representatives." The teacher concluded. "We should help them prepare so we will win, okay?"

 

Yoora looked around, confused. Baekhyun turned to her and gave her a thumbs up.

 

What just happened?

 

--------

 

"What?!" Soyeon blurted out, but immediately covered after realizing how loud she was. "You got chosen as the representative for muse?"she added, making sure to lower her voice. 

 

Yoora nodded at her bestfriend's question. She made a crying face and said, "I didn't know. What should I do?" 

 

It was lunch break so they were at the cafeteria. Together with her is her bestfriend and Baekhyun. They've been friends for years so they always eat together. 

 

"She was too busy reading a book. She wasn't even listening," Baekhyun teased as he sipped on his drink.

 

Soyeon bounced on her seat with excitement, "Oh, good then! Even if I'm in another class, I'll definitely help you." She held Yoora's hands tightly and looked at her with a grin, "You must win." 

 

Yoora shrugged. "I don't know. I'm not confident."

 

Soyeon sighed, "You're pretty! Right, Baekhyun?" She said as she nudged at Baekhyun who was sitting beside her. 

 

Baekhyun smiled shyly and nodded before he went back to what he was eating.

 

With all the words of encouragement she heard that day, Yoora can't help but feel a little confident with herslelf. "Fine, I'll do my best," she exclaimed before taking in a mouthful of food. "Hm, delicious!"

 

"But, who's the ?" Soyeon curiosly asked.

 

"Me"

 

Yoora almost choked on what she was chewing as she heard his voice. She looked up at him who was standing beside their table with a tray on his hands. As she stared at him, she noticed how he got more handsome as days passed by. When their eyes met, she immediately looked away. Oh, what am I thinking?

 

"Would you mind if I share a table with you?" Chanyeol grinned. Without waiting for their answer, he sat beside Yoora and winked at her before eating his food. "Hm, delicious!"

 


 

Finally, I'm done with this chapter. ;A;