New neighbor

He's Losing The Game

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief as he heard the bell rang. Finally, class dismissal, the time of the day that he have always waited for. As the teacher left the room, the class started getting noisy again. He took his bag as he stood up from his seat and turned to his seatmate, Yoora.

 

“Let’s go home together,” he said.

 

Yoora looked at him like he just said something crazy. “No thanks, I told you, I’m going home with Baekhyun.” She stood up from her seat and stuck out her tongue at him.

 

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes, “Why do you have to go home with that guy?” He said it loudly, enough to let Baekhyun hear and look at him.

 

“Why? Do you have any problems with that? We’re neighbors.” Baekhyun asked him, packing his things back to where it’s supposed to be. “Let’s go, Yoora.”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he looked at them leaving the room. This is definitely not the first time he wanted to hit that Baekhyun guy.

 

Tsk, neighbors you say?

 

--

 

It was already a few minutes past six when Chanyeol arrived at their house. As soon as he entered the door, he could already smell something delicious from the kitchen. It smelled like chicken with mushroom soup—the dish his mother cooks almost everyday.

 

“Hmm, it smells good. I can’t wait to eat,” he exclaimed as he threw his bag on the sofa and immediately headed to the kitchen. His mother was busily mixing all the ingredients when he approached to peek at the pan. It was already boiling. “Wow, it looks tasty!” he added.

 

“Channie, call your sister upstairs. Tell her the food’s almost ready,” she ordered after she tasted it.

 

He frowned. “Mom! How many times have I told you not to call me Channie anymore,” he whined. “I’m grown up now.”

 

Her mother just shrugged. “Whatever, just go call your sister.” As he was about to leave, she added, “By the way, after dinner, pack all your things. We’re going to transfer to a bigger house. You know, your father just received his bonus and he sent money this morning.” His parents are already divorced but his father still financially supports them.

 

His face brightened at what he heard. Finally, they are moving out from that house. Well, he really didn’t hate it that much, but all his girls keep looking for her there.  At least, when they’ll finally move somewhere else, his ex-girlfriends won’t bother him anymore. “Alright!” he cheerfully replied. 

 

--

 


“Noona!”

 

Yoora turned to see Taejun, Baekhyun’s younger brother running towards her. He’s a few years younger than her but he is a about 5 inches taller than her.

 

“Oh Taejun, what brought you here? And what’s with the rush?” she asked.

 

The young boy grinned at her widely and said, “Noona, I just saw a beautiful girl. She and her family just moved at that empty apartment down the corner of this street.”

 

Yoora looked at him with a teasing smile on her face, “What’s this? Is our Taejun already a man?” She chuckled as he blushed like a cute tomato. She tapped his head like a mother, “Aww, I’m proud of you. You’re a grown up now.”

 

He chuckled shyly as he scratched the back of his head, “Noona, can I ask a favor?”

 

“What favor?”

 

“I’d like to pay a visit, but I’m shy. You know, to welcome them here in the neighborhood. And also, I’d like to know her name,” he explained. “Noona, can you come with me tonight?”

 

Yoora thought for a while before she finally gave a nod. “Alright, I’ll do it for you.” Although Taejun is not her real brother, she considers him as one. After all, she’s an only child, and his father rarely was a father to her ever since her mother died.

 

--

 

“Dad?” she asked as she knocked at his door. “I’ll go out for a few minutes. Just eat dinner first,” she said, facing the door to his father’s room.

 

“Alright,” his father briefly replied.

 

She pouted.  

 

Wouldn’t he even ask where I’m going? Tsk.

 

As she went out of the house, she was shocked to see Baekhyun standing outside their gate instead of Taejun. She looked around, but he really is not there.

 

“Are you looking for Taejun?”

 

She nodded. “And, why are you here?”

 

Baekhyun smiled warmly at her as she went out of the gate. He was bringing fruits with him and a bag of fresh gogumas. “Taejun can’t come, since his stomach suddenly didn’t feel good. He asked me to come instead.”

 

She gasped, “Is Taejun alright?”

 

He let out a soft chuckle, “He’s fine, that little brat is always like that when it comes to girls. He told me to at least know that girl’s name. I can’t believe we’re doing this for him”

 

Yoora nodded as she giggled. “It’s fine. Well, let’s go.”

 

They waited for someone to open the door after they rang the doorbell. As she was about to ring it again, a girl in her forties opened the door. She looked beautiful—and a little familiar. Yoora’s sure this is definitely the first time she has seen her but her features, they looked similar.

 

“Yes? What do you need?” the lady asked as she smiled sweetly at them. Yoora felt a little relieved to see a nice lady in front of them.

 

“Umm, we just wanted to give you this,” she said as they handed the lady the things they brought. “Well you know, since we’re neighbors now. We wanted to welcome you, and sort of like, introduce ourselves to—“

 

“Mom, I am going out for a wa—Oh!!“

 

Yoora and Baekhyun froze on their places as they saw the guy who was standing at the back of the lady.

 

No wonder the lady looked familiar. Tsk.

 


Whew, I managed to write a new chapter. ;A;