Jongin

He's Losing The Game

“You could have at least told me beforehand that you were coming. I should have welcomed you at the airport and brought a big ‘welcome’ banner for you,” Chanyeol said jokingly as he handed his best friend a can of soda. Jongin had been his friend for quite long, and this is the first time they’ve seen each other in a year since he left for America.

 

“I wanted to surprise you, but it seems like I’m the one surprised.”

 

Chanyeol stared at him, “What do you mean?”

 

Jongin smiled. “Have you finally opened your heart for somebody else? Seeing how a while ago looked like you just did.” He opened the can and took a sip.

 

“What do you mean? Of course not! What are you talking about?”

 

“Oh, never mind.” Jongin stood up from his seat and looked out by the window. “Hmm, I like your new place. Since when did you move out?”

 

Chanyeol stood beside his bestfriend and said, “Just a few days ago.”

 

Jongin’s lips curled into a smile as he looked at Chanyeol, “You like her, right? That Park Yoora girl you’ve told me about.” He tucked his hands on his pocket as he waited for his answer.

 

Chanyeol broke into laughter, “Of course not! I swore never to fall in love again, and I’m gonna do that. For real!”

 

“Whatever you say,” he sighed as he tapped his friend’s shoulders before looking out of the window again. The view of the neighborhood outside is indeed better than Chanyeol’s old house. It seemed peaceful. “Oh! It’s that girl!” he exclaimed, pointing outside the window.

 

Chanyeol hurriedly looked out to see who it was. It was Park Yoora. She was with Baekhyun and her friend. “Tch, that guy is so obvious. He definitely likes, I can totally see it.” He sighed as he shook his head.

 

Jongin laughed.

 

“What’s funny?

 

“Nothing, just don’t mind me.”

 

Chanyeol crossed his arms as he looked at his friend from head to foot, “You know what, ever since you’ve been to America, you’ve changed a lot. I just don’t get you sometimes. Tch, have you eaten something bad there?”

 

Jongin looked at him defensively, “Me? I think it’s you who’ve changed a lot.” He shrugged and continued, “I don’t even see you with other girls that much either.”

 

“Of course! You were in America this whole time,” Chanyeol exclaimed with an ‘are-you-dumb?’ expression in his face.

 

--

 

“Thanks for accompanying us here, Baekhyun.” Yoora smiled at him as they stood outside of their house. Since it was already late at night, Baekhyun decided to walk them home in order to make sure they’re safe. Soyeon also decided to spend the night at their house.

 

“No problem with me,” Baekhyun answered with the same sweet smile on his face. “I need to go, good night!” he added.

 

“Ah, by the way, here,” Yoora said as she handed him a ticket. “Wanna go with us this Saturday? You know, that 2 day stay at the resort. It’s good for three.”

 

Baekhyun thought for a while before he nodded. “Alright, I’d love to.”

 

Yoora and Soyeon waved him goodbye as they went inside the house. It was almost midnight when they reached home.

 

“I’m excited for this Saturday!” Soyeon cheerfully exclaimed as she jumped on Yoora’s bed.

 

“Hey, that’s my bed! You sleep at the floor.”

 

Soyeon puffed her cheeks, “No way, I can’t sleep on the floor.”

 

Yoora playfully rolled her eyes. “Whatever!”

 

“By the way, Chanyeol and you looked so good together. I took so many pictures.” She took out her phone but pouted as soon as she remembered that she’s already out of battery. “Oh well, I’ll just show you next time.”

 

“It’s alright, I don’t want to see them either.”

 

Soyeon chuckled, “I heard his family just moved near here.” She made a gasping sound as she teased, “Omo, maybe he was stalking you. Maybe he wants to get closer to you.”

 

“What made you think that?” Yoora asked defensively, not knowing that she was already blushing.

 

“Yah, I’m your best friend. Tell me, do you like him?”

 

“Who? I don’t know who you’re talking about.”

 

“That Park Chanyeol. Do you like him?”

 

Yoora gulped. “I-I think I do.”

 

Fine, I admit. I think I really do.

 

--

 

“Hmm, clothes, toothbrush, extra money…,” Yoora mumbled to herself as she checked if the things she needed is inside her bag. It was finally that day for their 2-day stay at the resort. She can’t help but feel excited for their stay there. She heard the pool there was the best, and it’s also near the beach.

 

“Yoora, are you ready?” Soyeon peeked in by the door. Together with her was Baekhyun.

 

“I’m ready, let’s go!” Yoora exclaimed with a wide grin on her face.