Never get too close

He's Losing The Game

The sound of her footsteps filled the empty hallway as she made her way to her classroom. Class will start at 7:30, but she always made sure to be at school early to avoid being late. She's always the earliest student so she's usually the one who opens the room.Yoora glanced at her watch before entering their room. It's still 6:30, she thought. She turned the knob and entered as she let out a big yawn and stretched her arms as wide as she could. 

 

"Are you still sleepy?"

 

Yoora nodded as she headed lifelessly to her seat which is beside the window at the back. She placed her bag beside her table and sank down her seat, exhausted. She slept late last night because of a movie so she still feels very sleepy that morning.

 

"Do you always come here this early?"

 

She closed her eyes as she rested her head on top of her hand. "Yes, I'm known as the early bird. I'm always the first student to arriv--," she stopped talking and opened her eyes quickly. She looked around the room and saw another person sitting on the teacher's seat in front. For the first time, somebody else arrived at the school earlier than her. "Who are you?!" she asked in a shocked tone. 

 

He's wearing their uniform, but this is her first time seeing him at school. But somehow, he looks a little familiar.

 

He smiled at her as he stood up and walked towards her. "It's nice to meet you. I'm the most handsome man you will ever meet," he told her as he reached out his hands for a handshake. 

 

Yoora just stared at his hands, processing what he meant, "Oh!" she suddenly exclaimed, "Are you a transfer student?" she asked, tilting her head a little to the left as she looked at the him who is now standing in front of her table.

 

He nodded with a playful smile, "Aren't you going to shake my hand? This may be the last time you can ever touch it." he told her in a matter-of-fact way as he waved his hands in front of her face. 

 

She grimaced, "No, thanks. I don't shake hands with strangers."

 

He laughed, "Okay. Well then, I'm going to introduce myself." He sat on the seat beside her and face her with his hands crossed. "My name is Park Chanyeol. Have I told you that I may be the most handsome man you might ever meet?" he said as he held her hands and forced her for a handshake.

 

She rolled her eyes, it's the first time they met but he's already bursting with too much confidence. Too Much. "By the way, someone's already seated there. That seat on front is empty."

 

He faced front and said, "I don't like sitting in front. From now on, this is my seat." 

 

She sighed. She decided to just open her book and read to avoid talking nonsense with him. I think I have seen him before somewhere, but I'm not too sure, she thought to herself. She glanced at him and saw him staring at her with a mischievous smile plastered across his face. 

 

"What?" she asked.

 

He shook his head, "Nah, there's just something on your head."

 

"What?"

 

"A face."

 

She looked back to her book and continued reading. She heard him laughing out loud, but she couldn't care less. She felt that talking with him will just give her wrinkles. Suddenly, she remembered something. 

 

Ah, so that's why he looks so familiar! she told herself. He was that heartless bast*rd who created a ruckus at the cafe yesterday. Oh, I knew it. He's up to no good.

 

----

 

Time passed by fastly and the room got immediately filled up with students as the class is about to begin. A lot of girls gathered around the transfer student, Park Chanyeol, to flirt with him to get to know him. They were asking him questions like why he transferred, and yeah, why he's good-looking. Yoora almost got irritated llistening to them, good thing the bell rang and her classmates settled theirselves back to their respective seats. 

 

"Good Morning, class!" their teacher greeted as he entered the room. 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Kim." 

 

He scanned over the paper on his hand, "Oh! We have a new student." He looked all over the room. "Is the new student here?" Chanyeol raised his hands in reply and introduced himself to everybody.

 

"Okay class, treat him ni--"

 

"Go-Good M-mo-morning, sir. I'm so-sorry I am la-late," a student exclaimed, panting. Everyone looked at him, including the teacher as he catched his breath. 

 

"Byun Baekhyun! You're late, again! for 5 minutes!" Mr. Kim yelled at him with arms placed on his hips. "Hurry, and take your seat before I change my mind and let you stand there for the rest of the period."

 

Baekhyun shyly scratched his head as he walked towards his seat, but was shocked to see somebody else sitting on his chair. "Excuse me, but this is my place," he told him. He looked at him curiously for this is certainly the first time he has seen him.

 

"Well, I'm sorry but from now on this is mine."

 

"But-," he was about to protest but was stopped when Yoora held his hands, "Baekhyun-ah, this guy right here is quite hard-headed so I guess you should just sit over that empty seat in front for now." 

 

He smiled at her shyly, "Okay, if you say so." 

 

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun amusedly, "That guy is too obvious," he murmurred. He definitely likes her, he told himself as he chuckled in his seat. Yoora noticed him laughing with himself and just let out a deep sigh. As she was about to take down notes about the things their teacher was talking about, she was startled when he held her hands all of a sudden.

 

"Let's play a game," he whispered.

 

"What? We're too old for games."

 

He smiled inwardly. "It's called the love game," he muttered in a very soft voice.

 

"What did you just say? I couldn't hear you." 

 

"Nevermind," he said as she shook his head and let go of her hands. Yoora looked at him, confused. She was supposed to not mind, but the smile on his face bothers her.

 

I should never get too close with this guy

 


Sorry, I don't have time to edit.

I was supposed to update this this Friday, but I decided to just post it. This is kind of rushed, I definitely try to make things better next time. :D