She's back

He's Losing The Game

Later that afternoon, as Chanyeol was on his way to the cafeteria to buy something to eat, a girl caught his attention. She was standing near the gate, beside the guardhouse. Since it’s school festival, many outsiders were inside the premises.

 

He took a few steps closer. Indeed, it was her.

 

Kang Jinae, his first love. The least person he wanted to see now that he has finally found love again.

 

She still looked the same, except that her hair is now a little longer. She was looking around as if she was looking for someone. She scanned everyone she could see within the quadrangle, until their eyes met.

 

He froze as he saw her run towards him.

 

“Park Chanyeol!” she cried out as she ran over and pulled him into a hug. “I missed you.”

 

He hurriedly pushed her away as he noticed that people were already looking at them. “How did you know I’m here?!”  he asked sternly. Just when he decided to put away all the fears from the past, she comes in again.

 

“I looked for you. I even texted you while I was waiting here, but you never replied. I thought you wouldn’t come,” she explained with hopeful eyes. She missed him so much.

 

Looking away, Chanyeol replied, “I changed my number.”

 

She felt a pang of pain deep inside her with the coldness that he is showing her. “Why? So I can’t contact you anymore?” she asked with sadness in her voice.

 

“Yeah, so don’t contact me ever again. Why are you even here?”

 

“I’m here because I want to start again,” she sniffled as she fought the urge to cry. She looked at him with hopeful eyes, wishing she’s not yet too late. She has never stopped loving him even after she left, and now, she wants him back.

 

“Start again?” he scoffed. “How could you ask that? You’re the one who left in the first place. You left without a word. I only heard you were marrying a rich man in America. What made you come back?!”

 

She couldn’t stop it anymore; Jinae felt her cheeks dampen as tears filled down her eyes. “I regretted it! And the marriage didn’t work, we just got divorced. I married him for his money, but believe me, you’re the one I love. Please, forgive me.”

 

Chanyeol sighed in annoyance. “Let’s talk somewhere else,” he said as he dragged her to the café just near the school.

 

---

 

“Have you seen Chanyeol around?” Yoora asked as she joined Soyeon and Baekhyun at the cafeteria. “I tried to call him but I can’t reach him.”

 

Soyeon gasped, “Ohmy! What if he’s out looking for girls again? There’s a lot of pretty young girls since it’s festival.”

 

Yoora chuckled, “I’m definitely going to kill him if that’s the case.” He promised never to meet other girls anymore and she trusts him for that. Hopefully. She took a big bite from her hamburger to divert her attention. It tasted like heaven. The hamburger sold at their cafeteria is definitely the best-tasting burger she have ever tasted.

 

“By the way, Jongin asked me out on a date,” Soyeon beamed. With a grin plastered across her face, she looked at her two friends and waited for their reactions.

 

Yoora and Baekhyun almost choked on their food. “What?” they asked in unison.

 

“I mean, sure everything depends on you, but what if he’s just playing on you?” Baekhyun asked, concerned that she might get hurt at the end. Yoora nodded.

 

“Eyy~ Don’t worry, I will make sure not to fall too easily,” she promised. “But of course, he’s handsome. I will date him but I won’t take him seriously if he won’t as well. I’m only physically attracted anyway. Don’t worry, okay?” she pleaded.

 

“Alright, you easily get tired of men anyway,” Baekhyun concluded and started eating again. With his mouth still full, he looked seriously at Yoora and said, “You too, if he’ll ever make you cry, remember that I’ll be here for you, okay?”

 

Yoora smiled, touched by his concern. “Thanks a lot, Baekhyun. I really appreciate it.”

 

“Hey, hey, hey, stop it! You’re so cheesy, what about me?” Soyeon joked as she playfully punched his arms.

 

He chuckled. “Don’t worry, you too!” Baekhyun assured.

 

“Yay!” Soyeon exclaimed and engulfed him into a hug. “This is why I love you guys!”

 

“Yah, don’t hug me. People might think we’re a couple in love,” he jokingly said as he pulled away from the hug.

 

“Ha ha, that’s impossible; let’s just eat! Shall we?” Soyeon laughed.

 

Indeed, nothing’s better than having friends that will stay with you through ups and downs. 

 


Thanks for reading <3