First love

He's Losing The Game

Feeling fresh after taking a shower, Yoora cheerfully hummed to herself as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She just changed into a new pair of clothes after a long fun-filled time at the beach that morning. The whole stay was fun, sadly, all good things end. That afternoon, they are already returning home.

 

Her phone suddenly beeped. It was a text message from Chanyeol.

 

 From: Dog Poo <3 (Yes, she added a heart.)

Hi beautiful, is it weird that I miss you already? ;)

 

She smiled as she read his message and being called beautiful. I’m beautiful?, she thought. Feeling quite confident of herself that day; with her lips puckered into a kiss and her eyes giving off a y feel, she started trying out seductive poses in front of the mirror. She’s alone in the room anyway—or she thought so.

 

“Yah, what do you think are you doing?”

 

Feeling so startled, Yoora almost felt her soul leaving her body. She hurriedly turned to see her bestfriend, Soyeon, standing near the door looking at her with an amused smile plastered across her face.

 

She forced a laugh, but failed after sounding so awkward. “Oh, I was just practicing. You know, we must take pictures later before we leave,” she said, silently congratulating herself for being able to speak something that made sense.

 

“Oh, I see. You should teach me next time,” Soyeon teased, mimicking the poses Yoora just made before bursting into fits of laughter.

 

“Hey, don’t laugh!” Yoora said as she playfully punched her bestfriend’s arms.

 

After a few minutes of teasing, Soyeon suddenly turned serious. “By the way, did something happen between you and Chanyeol? Something’s fishy. I’m your best friend and you can tell me anything from secrets to obsessions. I know that you like him and all, but—“

 

“I just told him that I like him too,” Yoora replied, not even letting Soyeon finish what she was saying.

 

“What?”

 

Yoora sighed as she pulled her bestfriend with her towards the seat beside their beds, making sure no one can hear them from the door. After making sure no one else might hear them, she spilled out everything—including the kiss.

 

---

 

“How was the trip?” their classmates asked, gathering around them as they entered the room. Here they are again, back to school. No formal classes though. Their school festival lasts for a week so they’re all free at school.

 

“It was amazing,” Chanyeol replied, glancing at Yoora and gave her a wink.

 

“Wow, it must have been fun.”

 

They nodded. “By the way, I have an announcement to make,” Chanyeol said as he pulled Yoora near him and placed his arms aroung her shoulders. “We are officially a couple,” he continued.

 

Everyone gasped in shock, including Yoora. “Yah! What are you talking about?”

 

The girls looked at her with jealousy. “You’re really lucky!”

 

Yoora sighed, before glaring at the tall guy beside her and dragged him outside the room. “Who told you we’re a couple?” she asked, crossing her arms as she raised a brow at him.

 

Chanyeol chuckled in response.

 

“What are you laughing at?”

 

“You’re really cute.”

 

She forced a cough as she felt herself blushing. “What are you talking about?” she mumbled. Looking away as their eyes met. “Anyway, don’t just go tell everyone we’re a cou-couple. I mean, do you really need to tell it to everyone? You know, a-about us.” She let out a sigh after she realized that she just sounded like a baby who just learned how to speak.

 

“So that means, we’re really a couple?” he asked, grinning like mad.

 

“Huh? Yes, I mean no,” she sighed for the nth time. “I don’t know.”

 

A mischievous smile appeared on Chanyeol’s face as she noticed her shyness. Seeing this side  of her is quite new to him since she only showed him her tough side before. “Stop blushing there, you look like a tomato,” he teased as he tapped her head.

 

“I look like a tomato?” she scoffed. “Well, you look like a potato.”

 

---

 

Later that afternoon, as Chanyeol was on his way to the cafeteria to buy something to eat, a girl caught his attention. She was standing near the gate, beside the guardhouse. Since it’s school festival, many outsiders were inside the premises.

 

He took a few steps closer. Indeed, it was her.

 

Kang Jinae, his first love. The least person he wanted to see now that he has finally found love again. 

 


 

Thanks for reading <3

Asdfghjkl; I'll be so busy again this coming semester that I might not be able to update again so I decided to end this story the soon. 

Just a few more chapters left, aja. :)