DETENTION!

Are We Meant To Be Together?

As Mr. Kim watched Soo Kyung and Changmin from the window, Mrs. Kim was cooking dinner in the kitchen. He didn't do anything, just watching the two happily say their goodbyes and kissed each other. Then he called for Mrs. Kim.

"Hey, I want you to see this," he said. Mrs. Kim was just finishing her final touches and came next to Mr. Kim at the window and her eyes widened at the sight she saw. It was the sight of her daughter and Changmin all over each other.

"See, this is why she was so happy today," Mr. Kim said. Mrs. Kim just stared at the two. But inside, she felt happy because she had never seen her daughter like this. She was worried about Mr.Kim. She didn't want to see her daughter get hurt again.

"So, are you going to do anything about that?" she asked him. Mr. Kim just smiled, leaving Mrs. Kim all tense.

"I'm not going to be a mean father. Just wait and see. It won't that bad...." he said.

Just then, Soo Kyung walked into the house and greeted her parents, then went into her room playfully. Mr. and Mrs. Kim followed their eyes at every move Soo Kyung made as she went into her room. And Mr. Kim said, "She is just too happy."

"Shouldn't we be also happy for her? I don't want you to hurt her this time," Mrs. Kim said walking away leaving Mr. Kim thinking about the words she just said.

Upstairs in Soo Kyung's room, she was taking a shower. She was happy and was singing in the shower. Suddenly she remembered that she and Changmin had forgotten to go to detention and help plant the trees! She was so shocked and quickly stepped out of the shower and phoned Changmin.

Changmin smiled and answered the phone, "Yes, Soo Kyung?"

Soo Kyung had no time to smile, she was jumpy and said, " Changmin! We didn't go to detention and plant the trees today! The teacher is going to be so mad! What are we going to do?" Now, this made Changmin shocked and stopped smiling.

"Oh my god. That teacher is not flexible you know? He might give us more punishments," he said, which totally didn't help Soo Kyung.

"I know! What are we going to do now? I'm so scared!" Soo Kyung said, all red and worried.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you. We're in this together, aren't we? We can find out a way to explain to the teacher and he'll have to accept. Don't panic Soo Kyung, I've got your back.... I don't want to see you sad," Changmin said in a calm voice which cooled Soo Kyung down.

"Okay, mister. I trust you, and tomorrow, we'll do this together, okay? Bye Changmin!" she said.

"Bye Soo Kyung, and ..... saranghaeyo," Changmin said with all his heart. He heard Soo Kyung smile through th phone. Just when he was about to hang up, Soo Kyung said, "Oh, oh! Tomorrow, just to make it fun for us, wear a green shirt and blue jeans. And I'll wear a green top and a blue skirt. We'll look cute! Okay!? Bye!", leaving Changmin hanging on the phone without him getting a say in what he should wear.

Changmin just smiled and thought, "Man.. she makes me happy. How can I find a girl like her? ..... Impossible, she's just too good to be true."

At the dining table at Soo Kyung's house, the Kim family ate their dinner quietly and slowly. Finally, Mr. Kim broke the awkward silence.

"So, Soo Kyung, anyting special at school today?" he asked from across the table.

"Nope, not really," Soo Kyung answered short which lead Mr. Kim to think she was lieing to him,

"Ah..I see. But I've seen you quite happy today, I want to know why," he asked innocently, as if he didn't know anything.

Then, Soo Kyung remembered. The scene that happened three years ago flashed back into her mind like lightning. "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND UNTIL YOU ARE 25! AND THAT IS IT! DO NOT GO AGAINST ME! ARRASOE??!!" She panicked and she started to sweat. "What if her dad knows?" she thought. She had forgotten the threat and now she had broken it.

"Nothing really special daddy. I'm just having a great time at school and really excited about it. Everything is just right for me now, I'm glad we moved here," she answered.

"Oh, really. But if you have anything special, keep us updated, will you?" he said. On the other side of the table, Mrs. Kim kept quiet, thinking about what Mr. Kim was getting Soo Kyung into. She was worried that Soo Kyung might get hurt too much this time since she and Changmin looked really happy together.

All Soo Kyung said was, "Sure." And the dinner went on, without neither of them speaking about what had happened today.

At night, Soo Kyung thought about telling her dad about Changmin and her. But the thought of her breaking up with Changmin because of her dad's command made her feel really uncomfortable. She didn't want to be apart from Changmin and tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't sleep that night and kept thinking about what would happen to her this time. She had not really loved Chris, so last time, she didn't get hurt that much. But now, she loved Changmin alot and she can't imagine herself without him. That, night, she cried herself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, both Soo Kyung and Changmin dressed to how they should be and met each other at the school gate. Changmin was facing the school and didn't see Soo Kyung coming. Even though Soo Kyung had been sad, the sight of Changmin totally changed her mood. She crept quietly close to Changmin, tip toed and cupped her hands onto Changmin's eyes.

"Wahh.... who is this?" Changmin asked. He cupped his hands onto to Soo Kyung's and smiled. "Well, if this person doesn't tell me who it is, I might kiss the him or her," he said playfully and turned around. He saw Soo Kyung and it wasn't a surprise. He knew it was her by the touch of her small hands. He bent down, put his hands around her body and hugged her tight.

"I knew it was you," he said. Soo Kyung, hugging onto him said, "I'd be mad if you didn't." They then let go of each other and walked together into the school.

Their conversation as they walked was about detention. "So, what are we going to do?" Soo Kyung asked.

"I've been thinking about it last night and I think I have something that might work," Changmin said.

"What is it?" Soo Kyung asked. "We can tell him that we had to finish answering Mr. Jung's math test because he needed it by the end of the day and lunch time was the only time we were free. As for the tree planting thing, we can tell him that you needed to visit the hospital because your uncle was sent there for an emergency. That way, the teacher wouldn't punish us more and we can help out today," Changmin said.

"Hmmnn... That's risky but it'll have to do. Anyways, we didn't forget it on purpose, right?" Soo Kyung said and the bell rang.

In all the classes that day, Soo Kyung and Changmin did not play with each other. They listened attentively to the teacher and helped each other with the curriculum. When they got to the teacher's class, who's name was Mr. Park, they explained to him about yesterday.

"Since you two look so desperate, I will accept your apology. And since yesterday is over, I've decided you don't need to come to detention today at lunch today. But if you want to help on planting the trees, do come after school.

"Pheww...that was easy," Soo Kyung said and hugged Changmin on the waist. "You think the best!" And Changmin held her close and said, "You want to try helping out planting the trees today? I think it will be fun.;

"Hmmmn....do you think so?" she asked.

"Of course, we're planting together, why wouldn't it be fun?" he said with a huge smile.

"Okay! Together we'll plant! Hahaha .... I love you...." she said quietly but Changmin heard her and said, "You think I don't?"

After school, the two went to the school backyard to help planting. They together mixed the soil and the ashes and played with it. Once, Changmin put some dirt onto Soo Kyung's face and she shouted.

"Hey! No fair, I look ugly now," she said wiping some dirt onto Changmin's face.

"You look beautiful no matter what," Changmin said, looking into her eyes and wiping the dirt of her face. Soo Kyung blushed and said, "And you look handsome no matter how stupid you are." She then got up and tried to get away from Changmin.

"What did you say??" Changmin said and started to chase her around. Soo Kyung ran and they laughed at how silly they looked. They got tired and sat on the ground.

"Wahh... I never thought planting would be this fun," Soo Kyung said and Changmin put his dirty hands on her shoulders.

"The power of two...." he said. Just then Soo Kyung had a fun idea.

"Hey, I'm going to start calling you Minnie! Changmin is too long for a name, so you're Minnie from now on! she said.

"What? How long is Changmin compared to Soo Kyung? I'm going to call you Kyunggie from now on, okay?" he said.

"Haha, okay Minnie!" she shouted and got up. Changmin too got up and hugged during their laughs saying, "I love you Kyunggie."