Changmin and Mr. Kim

Are We Meant To Be Together?

Soo Kyung walked home and sighed. "What a tired and fun day!" she thought. She giggled about their idea of Kyunggie and Minnie. Minnie made Changmin sound like Minnie Mouse. She smiled and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

'Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby gee gee gee gee......' her handphone rang. Soo Kyung didn't hear it in the shower but her father in the other room did. And so, he walked over to her room, and saw the phone ringing. Mr. Kim, curious about who it might be, answered the call. It was no other than Changmin.

"Hello?" Mr. Kim answered.

"Hello, is this Soo Kyung?" he asked. 'Oh, it is him,' Mr.Kim thought.

"Oh are you Changmin?" he asked. Changmin, judging by the tone, knew that it was Mr. Kim at that point.

"Ne, annyonghasaeyo Mr. Kim," Changmin tried to be polite to his girlfriend's dad.

"Well, well, it's nice to have you phone my daughter. Have a reason why?" he asked.

"Umm.." Changmin thought about why he had called her. He just wanted to hear her voice, so he called. But he didn't know what to say when Mr. Kim asked all of a sudden.

"You phone my daughter and don't know the reason why?" Mr. asked smoothly.

"No, I just remembered. I called her because I need to talk to her about some math homework, that is, yes, math homework," he answered.

"Well, Soo Kyung is in the shower right now so why don't you and I have a little talk? Heh?" Mr. Kim said.

Changmin got scared and thought that he was in trouble since Mr. Kim's voice seemed tense. "Yea, sure," was all he said.

"Let me see, where can I start. Okay, let me get this straight. You and my daughter are dating, aren't you?" he asked.

Changmin hesitated to answer. He didn't know if Soo Kyung would let him tell her dad about them. "Are you?" Mr. Kim asked again.

"Yes," he answered and felt like he had just let out the most important secret.

"I thought so. Are you guys happy with each other? How far have your relationship gone?" he asked.

'Why does he have to know this? I don't need to tell him everything, do I? Does he want us to break up? Why is he so nosy about this?' were the questions that were going through Changmin's mind.

"We are happy with each other Mr.Kim," he felt that it was all he could really say.

"Alright, let me ask you something. You have to answer the truth," Mr. Kim said as he walked out the door not wanting Soo Kyung to hear the conversation he was going to have with Changmin.

"Do you really love her?" he asked.

"Love her?" Changmin asked. 'Of course I love her! Why wouldn't I at this point?' he thought.

"Yes, do you love her??" Mr.Kim asked.

"Yes. I love her quite a lot," he answered sincerely without hesitation.

"Okay, now would you do anything for her to make her life easier and happier?" Mr.Kim said.

Without thinking carefully, Changmin answered, "Yes, I would do anything for her." Mr. Kim smiled at the bold answer.

"Alright, then will you break up with her for her own good?" he said. It hit Changmin like an atomic bomb.

'BREAK UP WITH HER??!!!?? IS THIS MAN CRAZY? HE JUST ASKED ME IF I LOVED HER AND NOW HE'S ASKING ME TO BREAK UP? WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM?' Changmin got angry and scared at the same time. He didn't want to let go of Soo Kyung and he didn't want to disappoint Mr. Kim.

"What do you mean Mr. Kim, I don't understand," he said.

"It's simple. You just tell her that you've got other things to do than spend time with her. That you are still young for all of this relationship stuff. That you have to concentrate on your studies and not let any other distractions distract you!" Mr.Kim rushed and said.

"You're really asking me to break up with your daughter?" he asked.

"Yes, Changmin, I am asking you to break up with her," Mr. Kim said impatiently. Changmin thought he was in a nightmare.

'How can this be happening? Why do I have to break up with the one I love? Why!?' he thought and got real confuse.

"Why Mr. Kim, why? Why are you telling me to break up with her? She's is so happy with me and I feel very happy being with her. Why are you doing this to us?!" Changmin started to get angry over everything.

"Why? Because, she needs to study hard and go to a good college. Distractions like you would make her get bad grades and not get into a good college. She needs to STUDY! Or else she might be lying in the streets one day!" Changmin had raised Mr. Kim's temper.

"What? Distractions like me? Like me?! What are you talking about? This can't be happening. This is the 21st century and you're still talking about studies and boyfriends? Who's father doesn't allow their daughter to have a boyfriend at this age. She's sixteen Mr.Kim, sixteen. Don't do this to her . I cannot break up with her. No, I can't," Changmin said.

"I'm sorry Changmin but I have to ask you to break up with her. She can't get distracted," Mr. Kim said, not giving up.

"I can't do this. How can I break up with her when I'm madly in love with her? You have been in love before, can't you feel what I would feel right now if you were me?" Changmin said.

**Mr. Kim had married Mrs.Kim through family arrangements and had never really experienced love. He loves Mrs. Kim but he never knew what love by chance was. But he never tells anyone about this***

Mr. Kim paused and thought about what Changmin had said. He had never really experienced the kind of love like the two were. But he didn't give in. He didn't want his daughter to get distracted.

"Sorry, I know what you are going through but I can't let this go on. Please break up with Soo Kyung or I will band her from all communications and homeschool her myself," Mr. Kim said, thinking that it was the only way he could lead Changmin to break up with her.

Tears started to pool up in Changmin's eyes. He had never felt this sad before. His face turned all sad and started crying quietly inside. He sobbed once but couldn't let Mr. Kim hear him cry. He finally thought that he had to give in and break up with Soo Kyung, the one he loves the most. Or else he might not even get to see the face he adore and want to wake up with every morning. He wouldn't even get to talk to her and call her Kyunggie! It was all very depressing for him and he finnally said it.

"Okay. I will break up with her," he said and hang up. Though Mr. Kim had heard what he wanted to hear, he felt bad inside, knowing that his daughter will have to go through pain because of him.

As soon as Changmin hung up the phone, he cried like he had never cried before. He sobbed and sobbed as he thought about the day he would break the news to Soo Kyung. He put his palm onto his chest, bent down near the window and started crying quietly, breathing hard. The events that happened to him in the past flashed back in his mind.

The first time he sat with Soo Kyung at the class and bumped into her at Mr. Jung's class.

The time he went to her house and the way Soo Kyung fell onto him and accidentally kissed him.

The way they stood for each other while the rumors were going wild.

The times they spent together all happy and untited, holding hands, hugging and kissing one another.

The thought of calling each other Kyunggie and Minnie.

Changmin thought about these and smiled and cried deeply. He had to loose Soo Kyung now. There was no other way. The whole night, he thought and thought about it. He couldn't sleep either. He was just too sad and heart broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school..........

Changmin walked slowly into the school gates and saw Soo Kyung waiting for him. He didn't want to see her. He didn't want to tell her the news. Looking at the smile on her face as she waved at Changmin, he decided, just one more day.

"Good Morning Kyunggie! How are you today?" he said as he walked to her in a cheerful voice.

Soo Kyung took a close look at Changmin and said, "Forget about me. How about you?You're eyes are all black. And you look very tired. Did something happen to you?" she asked as she laid her fingers on his eyes.

'I will never get to feel this again, ever.' Changmin thought and tears welled up in his eyes -- again.

"Are you okay? Are you sick?" she asked and felt his forehead with her palm softly, tiptoeing. It made Changmin want to cry even more. He didn't say anything.

"You're defenitely not sick," she said and when she saw the tears in his eyes, looking down at her queitly, she ased, "Minnie, what is wrong? Why are you crying?" As she said this, she wiped away his tears with her bare hands.

"Don't be sad, I'm here for you so tell me what's bothering you. Alright?" she said in a very sweet way.

'Yeah right, be there for me. You're gonna be gone the second I tell you' he thought as he cried inside.

"I'm okay," was all he said but Soo Kyung insisted that he should eat a popsicle stick from the school cafeteria to feel better.

The whole day, Changmin thought and thought about the break up. He couldn't concentrate on anything. Every once in a while, Soo Kyung would ask him what was wrong. As the day ended, Changmin grabbed Soo Kyung by the hand and dragged her to an amusement park nearby.

"Minnie, what are you doing?!" Soo Kyung shouted.

"Just having fun, don't worry I won't hurt you," he said.

They rode on many rides and on one, Soo Kyung got so scared she hugged Changmin with both of her hands and laid her head on his chest and shouted. Changmin felt very happy and sad at the same time. He was trying to enjoy every moment he had left with her. On the rides, they had their moments where their eyes met and fell in love with each other all over again.

When Soo Kyung saw a photo booth she pulled him in and started to make funny poses. "Come on, pictures are fun!" she persuaded. They acted silly, stupid and cute. Everytime they were close, Changmin wanted to kiss her. Finally he couldn't hold it anymore and he landed a soft peck on her lips and the photo was taken.

Shocked by what Changmin just did, she wanted more. So she pulled him closer and they kissed when Changmin slowly bent down to kiss her deeply with his arms around her waist and her hands slight playing along as she pulls his face closer to hers. They smiled at each other crazily as they broke the kiss.

Then they went out and took the photos. Changmin watched as Soo Kyung playfully jumped and ran around the park. 'This will be the last thing with her' this thought kept running in his mind over and over again as he cried inside. When the day ended, he walked her home.

On the way...........

"I have to tell you something," Changmin said.

"What?" Soo Kyung answered. Changmin couldn't let the words come out.

"I ... I.. I...... I *silence* want to break up with you," he said, finally.

"Haha, you're very funny," Soo Kyung said.

"No, really I'm serious, I want a break up," he said.

*Silence* As Soo Kyung thinks about what she just heard.

"What!? No, no, you're joking right?" she said again.

"I'm sorry, I want to break up with you," he said as tears welled up in his eyes while he said these hurtful words.

"NO,no! You're joking right? You're playing with me, right?! Tell me this is not for real!" she shouted as she started to sound shaky. She started to cry, thinking that it's for real now.

All Changmin could ever say was, "I'm talking for real."

"Then, WHY!? Why!???!! Don't do this to me, no!" she said as she cried and bent to her knees.

"Because I have to study.... and and do other stuff you know. And I think you're distracting me," he said as he also sounded shaky.

"HAH! Distracting?! I'm distracting you?! Why do you have to be so mean like this?!" she said between her hard sobs.

"Mihanaeyo," was all he said.

"Don't you love me? Didn't you take me to the amusement park because you loved me? I love you! I love you Changmin! Why are you doing this to me? I don't understand!" she cried very hard. Changmin didn't say anything and watched her cried her hard out as he too, cried quietly.

After a moment, Soo Kyung said, "You know, you are just like my FATHER! Putting your studies in front of feelings and love! You're a monster with no feelings just like him! I HATE YOU!" she shouted as she stood up.

Changmin just looked dreadfully at her. She pounded on his chest shouting, " I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME! GET AWAY! YOU STUPID FEELINGLESS MONSTER! DON'T YOU EVEN DARE! HAH! DISTRACTING! WHAT DISTRACTING! I HATE YOU! VERY MUCH !" She cried as she said these words and stomped to her house alone.

Changmin stood there like the time when Kibum took her away at school.

'I'm sorry Soo Kyung. I just have to do this. Or I won't even be able to see your face. Please forgive me for doing this to you....I..I will never stop loving you. This is for both of our own good. So, just this one time and I will wait until you are older and we can be together for ever. Time won't even be able to stop our love. I will wait...I will wait...until the end of time..........

to be with you'