The Threat

Are We Meant To Be Together?

"Do you like that boy?" Mr. Kim asked Mrs. Kim while they were in their room, about to go to sleep.

"Who?" Mrs. Kim aksed. "Changmin, of course. He seems like he likes our daughter," Mr. Kim said.

"Yea, I did sense something while we were eating dinner," Mrs. Kim agreed.

"He seems like a nice and well brought up kid," Mr.Kim said.

“Yes,do you think they would fall for each other?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Probably, they would look good together," Mr. Kim said.
"What about your threat?" Mrs. Kim reminded Mr. Kim. "What threat?" Mr. Kim asked.

"You know, the threat you told Soo Kyung when she was 13....," Mrs. Kim said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback~ 3 years ago...

'Bang!!' Mr. Kim slammed the door.
"Don't you dare do that to me again! Arasoe?!?! You are still young to do such thing!" Mr. Kim scolded Soo Kyung.

"But Dad! I am old enough! I can handle situations like this myself! You don't have to put your nose into my privacy," Soo Kyung defended herself.

"You are still a little kid in my mind and you are not allowed to have a boyfriend! School, friends, and your family are the only things important for you right now. You do not need to think about keeping a boyfriend. If you do, your grades will go down because you won’t be concentrating on your school work!" Mr. Kim shouted.

"Dad! Who says I will lose my concentration on school work to Chris?? He's a good person and he deserves me. We should be together, I won't get my grades down. I will concentrate on both, school and Chris. Just agree with me this one time," Soo Kyung pleaded.

"No, Soo Kyung, no! You are not allowed to have a boyfriend! You just disrespected me in front of all these people, how can I let you with your desires this time?" Mr. Kim said.

"Dad, this is the 21st century! Whose father doesn't allow their daughters to hang out with their boyfriends? Please dad, please!" Soo Kyung shouted at her dad. By this, Mr. Kim got mad, really mad.

"Soo Kyung, into your room, right NOW! I don't want to hear anymore from you!" Mr. Kim shouted at the top of his lungs.

"But Dad...!" Soo Kyung still fought against her dad.

"I SAID GET INTO YOUR ROOM! DO NOT ARGUE WIHT ME! YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER, AND I CAN CONTROL YOU! BECAUSE YOU EMBARRASED ME AND SHOUTED AT ME JUST NOW, I WILL TELL YOU, LISTEN! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND UNTIL YOU ARE 25! AND THAT IS IT! DO NOT GO AGAINST ME! ARRASOE??!! NOW GO!" Mr. Kim yelled, slamming Soo Kyung's door shut. Soo Kyung started sobbing real hard in her room on her bed.

"Honey, don't you think you were a little too harsh on her?" Mrs. Kim asked him.

"No, you stay out of this. Let me show her who's in charge, me or her," Mr. Kim said. "Uhh....okay..," Mrs. Kim murmured.

(That day, before their fight, Soo Kyung had walked, hand in hand with her boyfriend, Chris in front of Mr. Kim at school. Mr. Kim, very sensitive about boys being near his daughter, grew mad. It wasn't something a father has to worry about, but this is Mr. Kim, the father who is not like any other father on Earth.)