Watching the Sunset

Are We Meant To Be Together?

As Soo Kyung walked into her house, she was not surprised to see her dad waiting on the couch.

"Hi dad," she greeted and made her way to her room.

"How was your night at Changmins'?" he asked.

"It was fine," she coldly said and walked away but her father insisted her to talk to him about her night.

"Dad, why do you need to know? It's not like we did anything bad," she said, not wanting her dad to know about anything she did last night.

"Okay, I trust you enough not to do silly things. Do you have any plans for today?" he asked.

"Yeah, me and Changmin might go out somewhere during the day," she said.

Mr. Kim hesitated because he just got used to the fact that his only daughter is dating and now she is spending almost every moment with him.

"Ummm. Weren't you just with him the whole night and part of this morning? Why do you need to go with him again?" he asked.

"We need to have FUN, you know, dad. So, let me go with him today, please," she said, sounding a bit softer.

"Alright. But don't go for too long, you make me worried," he said.

"Okay, thanks dad," she said and raced to her room.

When she was about to get to her door, Mr. Kim shouted, "Soo Kyung, I still feel sorry for you for what I have done. I would never want to hurt you again, araso?"

Soo Kyung smiled as she heard her dad understand what it was like to be her. "Yea dad, it's okay," she replied and got into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Changmin's house, he was thinking where he should take Soo Kyung. Suddenly he had an idea of going to the beach to watch the sunset together. And so, he called Kyunggie.

"Hello, Kyunggie, can I come pick you up at 4 to go out?" he asked through the phone.

"Sure, where are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see when we get there," he said and hung up. Soo Kyung thought, ' How dare he hang up on me like that?', but smiled .

Changmin arrived at Soo Kyung house exactly at four and rang the doorbell. Mr. Kim answered the door and Changmin got a bit scared.

"Good evening, Mr. Kim. Nice to meet you," he greeted politely.

"Hello Changmin, come on in," he said, with no hesitation. He had finally decided to let his daughter date freely and won't nose around anymore.

Changmin slowly walked into the living room and sat on the sofa as he waited for Soo Kyung. "Soo Kyung! Changmin is here!" Mr. Kim called.

Soo Kyung dressed in an orange sun dress which went up to her knees and her hair was simply curled on the bottom. She didn't dress up too much but she wanted to look good while going out with Changmin. As she went downstairs, she saw Changmin talking with her dad. When Changmin saw Soo Kyung, he stopped talking with Mr. Kim and eyed his girlfriend.

"You look great!" he exclaimed. And now, Mr. Kim was the only one in the living room, sitting on the sofa.

"Thank you, I like what you are wearing too, it matches with my dress," she said. Changmin was wearing an orange polo shirt and short white pants.

"We'll be going now, Mr. Kim," Changmin said and off they went.

Changmin and Soo Kyung walked out of their house hand in hand. They looked great together, especially when they both were wearing orange.

"Where are going, Minnie?" Soo Kyung asked.

"You'll know when we get there,okay?" he answered.

"Okay," Soo Kyung answered.

As Changmin lead the way to the beach and when they finally got to near it, Soo Kyung said, "Oh, we are going to the beach?"

"Of course, we are already here," he said and pulled Soo Kyung by the wrist and ran on the sand. They shouted happily and felt the wind blowing against their face. As they ran, Soo Kyung's dress blew in the wind and Changmin was very happy to be doing this.

After a while, they stopped and sat on the sand. Soo Kyung leaned onto Changmin's shoulder, tired.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" he asked, looking out into the sea.

"No, why?" she asked.

"Kyunggie, you are so dumb. What's happening in front of us?" he asked.

"The sun is setting?" she answered.

"You still don't know why I brought you here?" he asked, squinting his eyes at Soo Kyung.

"OH OH! You brought me here to watch the sunset TOGETHER!" she shouted.

"Now you know," he said and hugged Soo Kyung sideways.

"Let's just sit here quietly and watch the sun peacefully set," he said and leaned onto Soo Kyung's head, which was already leaning onto his shoulders.

Just in a minute, the sun set and they sat there watching it go down and down into the sea.

"Wah.... so beautiful," Soo Kyung exclaimed as she looked at the sun set.

"Yes, you are beautiful," Changmin said.

"I mean the sunset Minnie, not me," Soo Kyung snapped. Changmin squeezed Soo Kyung through his hug.

"Well, in my point of view, no matter how beautiful the sunset is, you are much more beautiful in my eyes. Okay?" he said and it made Soo Kyung blush like a tomato.

She bumped Changmin with her side with full of shyness and said, "You make me blush too much. And I like you very much...."

"Me too," Changmin replied and they sat there, their heads together as they stared out into the sea. It was the perfect picture. A girl and boy leaning onto each other while the sun was setting in front of them.

A look alike of what is happening right now : http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagehit/ih029/ih029015.jpg

They sat there for a long time and it was too long. Soo Kyung fell asleep on Changmin's leg. Changmin smiled down and brushed off some hair that was on her face. He leaned down and kissed her cheeks, which woke Soo Kyung up.

"Did you just kissed me?" she asked and didn't wait for him to answer. She pulled him down and kissed him again on the lips. This time, there was no one spying them and they were out there on the beach kissing after sunset.

After a while, Soo Kyung broke the kiss and held onto Changmin's neck. She said, "I think I should go home now. My dad might be worrying."

Changmin looked at the clock and it was already seven thirty. "Yeah, I'll walk you home," he said and they got up.

When they got home, Soo Kyung pulled out a big smile and said, "I had a great time with you Minnie, I hope I can do that again with you some day. But for now, I'll go. See you later!"

Changmin smiled and hugged her. "Okay, I'll leave you for now. See you at school or maybe tomorrow, okay?" he whispered in her ear, not knowing that school was closed for 2 weeks due to a national holiday.

"Okay," Soo Kyung said and went into her house.

"Soo Kyung, we have something to tell you," Mr. Kim said.

"Yea?" Soo Kyung said as she sat next to her mom on the sofa.

"We are going to Hawaii for the next two weeks with my friend's family," Mr. Kim said.

"Isn't school open?" she asked.

"No, did you forget? It is closed for 2 weeks. So we decided to go on a vacation to Hawaii," he replied.

"Whose family is it?" Soo Kyung asked.

"They are also the Kims. I heard their son is in the same school with you. Anyways, we are leaving Monday. So what do you say?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. We are coming back aren't we?" she said.

"Of course, where do we go back?" he said.

"Then I guess it will be okay. But I'll have to bear not having to see Changmin," she said.

"Oh Changmin. You'll forget about him when you see the beauty of Hawaii, Soo Kyung," her dad said.

"Don't talk about Changmin like that. He's unforgettable," she said, a little frustrated.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Mr. Kim apologized.

*Silence*

"Oh, I remember the boy's name now, I think it was... Kim ..Kim Kibum," Mrs. Kim said.

Soo Kyung face went wide shocked.

-

"WHAT!? A 2 WEEK VACATION WITH KIM KIBUM?!" Changmin shouted on the phone with Soo Kyung when she told him the news.