Truth Revealed

Are We Meant To Be Together?

Soo Kyung walked all the way back home by herself crying her heart out. She just couldn't take it. Just now she was having fun with him at the amusement park and now she's been dumped by him. As she entered her house, Mr. Kim watched her daughter stompe her way into her room.

'What have I done?' he thought and went up to the room.

"Soo Kyung, what is wrong?" he asked innocently.

"GO AWAY! I DONT WANT TO SEE ANYONE! JUST GO!" she shouted at the top of her lungs while crying.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone for now. If you need to talk about what's wrong, you can come to me, okay?" he said.

'Yea right, like you understand love dad! Like hell I would come talk to you, you will make it even worse. You'd be happy if we broke up wouldn't you. I wasn't planning on telling you anyways,' she thought but didn't answer to her dad.

Realizing that his daughter wasn't talking to him, he went back down and thought, 'She'll be over it in no time.' Not knowing that his guess was wrong.

"Do other stuff you know. And I think you're distracting me," Changmin had said and it went through her mind over and over again.

She sniffed and sniffed into her pillow that day and couldn't do anything. She was too depressed over the fact that they broke up. All day she was wondering, 'Why? Why did he break up with me? I thought we were happy enough to go steady for a long time. Why did this happen so sudden? There must be a reason for this.'

And so..she stayed in her room until the next day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changmin stood at the place like the time when Kibum took Soo Kyung away. Only this time he didn't go back for her and she didn't come back for him. He was also teary and froze there for a long time with hands in his pockets.

'I had just broken up with the person I love most. I should have stood up for her but I guess the result would be not being able to see her face ever again. If it weren't for her dad, I know we would love each other till the end and get married and have beautiful babies just like their mom. But now I guess I just have to wait until she gets old enough for her dad to let her go.'

Then he walked back to his house feeling sad and worried about Soo Kyung. He did not want to hurt her but he had to for their own good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Soo Kyung's room...

She opened her phone to call her best friend from her old school to share her feelings. She wanted to talk to someone who would understand and know what she was going through right now.

As she opened the phone and looked at the call list, she saw one call from Changmin the other day on the list. 'I didn't talk to him yesterday,' she thought but ignored the fact.

Her best friend, Yoo Jin, listened intently and soothed her with all she could. When they got to the part where Yoo Jin asked the reason he broke up with him, Soo Kyung said, "Because he thinks I am distracting him with his his studies and and ...." That's was when it hit Soo Kyung.

HER DAD.

"Yoo Jin, remember, with me and Chris when my dad said that I am still young to have a boyfriend and need to study hard? And that I will get distracted?" she asked.

"Yeah, I remember. You were really upset about that too. But you didn't really love him did you?" Yoo Jin said.

"Yea, I think it was puppy love at that time. I WAS young then. But the point I'm saying is, Changmin said the exact same thing!" she said with excitement, starting to reveal the truth.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Yoo Jin asked as she also had figured out the problem.

"MY DAD ASKED HIM TO BREAK UP WITH ME!" Soo Kyung shouted.

"Exactly, that can be something your dad might do," Yoo Jin said.

"I know, but do you think he really told Changmin to break up with me?" she asked.

"Did Changmin love you like hell and looked like he would do anything for you?" Yoo Jin asked.

"Seems like it. We were really happy together you know, there were moments when I thought he was the one," Soo Kyung answered as she started to calm down.

"Then I'm positive. Your dad is all behind this," Yoo Jin said.

That was when it hit Soo Kyung twice. "Yes, yes! When Changmin came to school today, his eyes were black and swollen and he had tears in his eyes. It could be that he was crying over having to break up with me. And he took me to this amusement park before he said it. It seems like he wanted to spend time with me before everything was over. YES YES! I'm positive now. All the clues lead that my father was probably the one. Changmin probably must have called me when I was taking a shower and my dad must have picked it up and told him to break up with me. How mean of him to destroy my life," she said.

"Yup you're right. Hey I gotta go! My boyfriend's on the other line!Later! Wish you two get together again, bye~!" Yoo Jin said and hung up. How she wished to be like Yoo Jin and her ever so kind and nice boyfriend, Peter.

'Wow, my dad, is behind all of this?! That's why Changmin had teary eyes when he was saying it and his voice was shaky!' she thought. She was so angry at her dad and her mind was exploding. Suddenly, she stormed to the other room where her dad was.

*Bam!* she slam opened the door. Her parents were on the bed talking and got startled to her sudden appearance.

"Dad, I'm going to ask you this and you have to answer truthfully. Tell me exactly what you told Changmin yesterday on my handphone," Soo Kyung said angrily.

"Honey, what did you do?" Mrs. Kim asked. Mr. Kim gave her the keep quiet look and Mrs. Kim shut .

"Nothing," he answered.

"Hah! Dad, there must be something. Do you have any idea how I'm feeling right now and what you have done to us?" she said.

"Us?" Mrs. Kim said.

"Shhhh..." Mr.Kim shushed her.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"Forget about how I knew, it was you?! You?! How dare you dad, trying to destroy my life while it was at the fullest?! You are just so mean dad! How can you do this to me? You don't understand love dad. You don't even know anything about it. We were in love with each other, can't you see? Weren't you also in love with mom? How would you feel if you were at our place? How dare you! You are one mean dad with a cold heart! I dislike you!," she shouted. Tears went down as she said these words. Mr. and Mrs. Kim watched her in suspense.

And finally, Mr. Kim came to his senses as he saw how sad she was.

"I'm sorry Soo Kyung. I thought he was distracting you with your studies. I guess I am wrong. I think I know nothing about real love. I'm so sorry. You two should be happy together. He really loves you and I regret doing this to you two. I guess it's time for me to let you go," he sadly apologized and Mrs. got angry at him for doing what he had done.

"Kim Junsu! What have you done?!" Mrs. Kim shouted as she pulled him out of bed to another room, leaving Soo Kyung alone in the room.

'Does this mean I'm allowed to have a boyfriend?' she happily thought and ran out of her house. And guess where she went....

to Changmin's.

She ran and ran to his house even though it was dark. She needed to tell him that she was sorry she had hit him and that her dad had finally gave in now. When she got to Changmin's house, it was already 11 in the night. She rang the doorbell, panting and out of breath.

A sleepy Mr.Shim opened the door. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Changmin, I need Changmin," she answered as she tried to catch her breath.

"You've got to tell me who you are dear, or else I won't call him or let you in either," he said.

"Soo Kyung, I'm Soo Kyung," she said. Mr.Shim remembered, the girl his son kept talking about everyday.

"Ahh.. Soo Kyung, okay let me go get him. I don't think he's asleep yet. He's been in his room for hours," he said.

But he didn't even need to call for Changmin. He had already gotten down and stood next to his father. He was way taller.

"Okay, I think I'll give you guys on a moment of your own," he smiled and walked away.

"What are you doing here?" Changmin asked with his eyes wide open, surprised to see Soo Kyung at his doorstep. By then, she was calm.

"I . I .. I'm sorry," she said.

"For what? I dumped you, I should be the one sorry for you," Changmin said.

"No, I know everything now Changmin. Don't act like a robot doing what his master had told him to do," she said.

"What do you mean?" he said.

"I still love you and you don't need to worry about my dad, I've got him all taken care of," she said with a smile and jumped up to hug him.

"Hah, you found out?" he asked happily as he hugged her back.

"Yes, and my dad understands now," she said.

"Dads, they sure do love their daughters...." Changmin said as he leaned his head down onto Soo Kyung. "Especially to a daughter this special and pretty."

"Are you guys coming in or not?" Mr. Shim called from inside.

"Haha, we're coming in dad," Changmin replied as he lead Soo Kyung into the living room.

"So is this the reason why my son was very depressed today?" Mr. Shim askd.

"How'd you know?" Soo Kyung asked.

"I was eavesdropping you two, sorry," he added.

"Dad, you shouldn't have. Privacy?" Changmin said, embarassed.

"It's okay Minnie. We can live with that, can't we?" she said with a smile, holding Changmin's hands.

"Of course, that is if you will be with me all the time," he said.

"Is that an invitation to sleep over tonight?" Soo Kyung said as she looked at Changmin in the eyes.

"Sleep over? Umm...err...I wasn't really meaning that, I was actually talking about, more like umm.., er," he stumbled over his own words.

"I guess a night wouldn't hurt, would it?" Mr. Shim added in.

"Dad, you're really letting her sleepover, at OUR house?" Changmin said surprised.

"Unless you two don't do silly things,and you know what," he answered.

"Thank you Mr.Shim," Soo Kyung said as she dragged Changmin up and told him to show her his bedroom, not letting Changmin any say in whether he want to let her sleep with him or not.

As Changmin lead Soo Kyung to his bedroom he said, "How about your parents? Wouldn't they mind?"

"I don't care. My dad's hurt me enough. So I don't want to report to him everything," she said.

"But this is something you should tell them, I really think you should. They'd be worried sick," he said.

"Okay, alright. As you say," she said and she phoned her dad. She convinced him good enough and promised him not to do anything bad. And later he gave in, reminding her to avoid doing stupid stuff. He also apologized alot through the phone.

"Wah....finally at peace," Soo Kyung said as she entered Changmin's room.

"You think so?" Changmin said.

"Why?" she asked.

"There's no real comfy chair in my room which you can sleep on and there are no extra beds in my house. And there is only one bed in my room. What do you think we should do?" he asked, worried.

"You're not serious are you?" she asked as she looked around the room.

"No, seriously, there is nothing more than a bed in my room," he said.

*Silence* *Pause* As crazy thoughts went through both Soo Kyung and Changmin's minds

"WHAT?! ONE BED?!" Soo Kyung shouted suddenly she covered herself with her hands with eyes wide open.