Just Friends?!

Are We Meant To Be Together?

The next day at school.....

Changmin saw Soo Kyung walking to math class. He was shy to go up to talk to her, but he got to be brave.

"Hey Soo Kyung ! Wait! " he called. Soo Kyung heard someone call her name, so she turned back to see Changmin running towards her.

"Oh hey! How are you?" she asked. "I'm OK, you?" he asked. "Yea, I'm fine," she answered. "Should I carry your textbook for you? It looks quite heavy. Here, give it to me," he offered. Soo Kyung hesitated but gave in and handed Changmin her textbook. "Thanks Changmin," she said.

"So, are you ready for math class? You won't be confused today, will you?" Changmin asked. "Of course not, you were a good teacher yesterday. Now I understand all the concepts," Soo Kyung said.

"I know, I'm good...," Changmin joked. "Yes, you really are, Mr. Changmin," Soo Kyung said. Changmin smiled and as usual, Soo Kyung melt. They walked together into math class and sat next to each other.

Soo Kyung saw a guy walking towards them. "Hey Soo Kyung!" the guy greeted. It was Kibum, Soo Kyung later found out. "Hi!" she answered. Kibum sat next to her, really close. Changmin eyed every single move he made, but kept quiet.

"So, are you catching up with the lessons? They are hard, aren't they?" he asked.

"Yea, I'm doing a good job catching up and they ARE hard," she answered.

"If you need any help, just ask me okay?" he said.

"Umm.....," Soo Kyung didn't know what to say since Changmin was already tutoring her.

"Oh...you don't need to be shy, you can just ask help from me any time," he said, not knowing about Soo Kyung and Changmin.

Changmin broke in, " Actually, you know what? I'm already helping her out with school and stuff." Kibum smirked and shot angry looks at Changmin, without letting Soo Kyung notice.

"Ohh.....Changmin... You're helping her out? Yea..that's good too," he said. Soo Kyung smiled and said, "Yea, he's helping me out, he's good."

"Of course he's good. He's a major NERD in class.. Hahah!" Kibum mocked Changmin. Even though Soo Kyung haven't known Kibum for a long time, she sensed jealousy in his voice. She didn't know why, but she felt that she had to be protective over Changmin.

"That's good. Changmin is really a good tutor, I can understand him pretty well. And we have fun together,don't we, Changmin?" Soo Kyung said, smiling at Changmin. Changmin noticed that Soo Kyung was on his side and said, " Yea, we have soo much fun together working on math." He then, put his hands around Soo Kyung's shoulders. Even though Soo Kyung knew that it was just for turning down Kibum because he insulted Changmin, she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Hmph! Fine.. I was just helping out," he said, with an evil smile on his face. 'I will break these two, I WILL!' he said to himself.

As soon as Kibum was out of sight, Changmin turned to Soo Kyung and said, "Thanks, I needed that." "No problem, you helped me out alot, so you deserve my help. Haha," she said. They smiled at each other foolishly and their gaze broke when the bell rang.

"Good morning class! How are you all today?" Mr. Jung greeted. Everyone mummered 'hi'. "Today, we will learning about linear equations......"

Soo Kyung really felt easy that day because she understood everything Mr. Jung said, thanks to Changmin. In her mind, she thanked Changmin alot, and she smiled since life was going very easy for her right now, Changmin by her side, willing to help her and everything just seemed right for her. She turned to look at Changmin and found him looking at her too.

Changmin thought .... I like her, I know I like her. I've never felt this tinglish around a girl before. She just makes me feel real happy and excited. I have to confess to her before anyone does. The question is, does she like me too???

They didn't look away from each other and just gazed at each other, which the other people in the class later noticed and found quite weird and so did Mr. Jung.

"You two at the back! What do you think you guys are doing? Shooting a hollywood movie? Better not, 'cause this is Mr. Jung's class and movies aren't allowed to be shot during class," Mr. Jung joked. The class laughed.

By then, Changmin was whistling to himself, looking around and Soo Kyung turned around and pretended to pick up a pencil. "Stop pretending, you guys!" poeple teased them.
"Don't mind them, Soo Kyung, just do whatever you were doing," Changmin whispered. Soo Kyung loved his support.

They didn't talk for the rest of the period since all eyes where on them once in a while. They kind of felt uneasy since they were sitting next to each other and it was hard for them not to look at each other.

Kibum thought......now they are getting attention. Hmph! Wait till they get too much attention, how would their little innocent friendship turn out? Hahah haha!

When class ended, Changmin and Soo Kyung walked out of the room together, but a little apart then usual. "Nice one, Changmin!" students patted Changmin's back as they walked past him.

"Mind your own businesses guys! We are just friends...," Changmin said to all of them...but wondered, were they?

Soo Kyung kept quiet about Changmin's replies but as soon as they got out of the school's gates she ran in front of Changmin and with a confused look she said...

"Just friends?"