An Item

Are We Meant To Be Together?


"I love you too," Soo Kyung said and without saying anything else, hang up. Changmin just smiled and didn't mind her hanging up so suddenly. He was happy enough from what he just heard.

(Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

Did I just say 'I love you' to him. Wow. We just started talking today apart from these months and now I said this to him. But it's true right?? *she thought for a moment, staring into space and realized that she did love him* Yes, I do love him, that is why I couldn't hold myself and kissed right at him...oh my god..so embarrassing!
*Replaying the events that had happened earlier made her feel very embarrassed since she was the one who pulled Changmin and kissed him.*

(End of Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning.

Soo Kyung dressed at her best so that when she sees Changmin, he would compliment at what she was wearing. She was happy that day, obviously it was because of Changmin. She had never felt this happy and she couldn't wait to get to school. She didn't eat breakfast and skipped out of the house to school.

"That's weird. She's acting very happy. I've never seen her like this," Mrs. Kim said to Mr. Kim as she poured a cup of coffee for him.

"Yes, I noticed. What do you think happened?" Mr. Kim asked.

"I don't know but she does seem quite happy. And that's not a bad thing though. It makes us happy too, doesn't it?" Mrs. Kim said with a smile on her face.

"It does. But what if she had done something bad and is happy about it? She even skipped breakfast and went to school. She never skips breakfast. She has a good appetite. It's just, why?" Mr. Kim said, confused.

"I don't know," Mrs. Kim answered. "Honey, 'I don't know' is not always a good answer. I just sense something wrong," Mr. Kim said.

There was silence for a while when the two adults were thinking. And at the same time they broke the silence and said, " Is it that she....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school~~

Changmin was already waiting at the gate when Soo Kyung got there. He was also dressed very stylishly and he looked cuter and more handsome than he had looked the day before in Soo Kyung's eyes. When he saw her walking towards him, he smiled his killer smile.

"Good Morning Soo Kyung! You are early today," he greeted and went real close to her. Soo Kyung felt butterflies in her stomach.

"No, you're early. You were here before me," Soo Kyung was going to say more but Changmin interrupted.

"About yesterday...." he said and got stuck in his words and scratched his head, squinted his eyes. Soo Kyung tugged his arm and leaned onto him as they walked into the school.

"Yesterday what?" she said, sounding as if she forgot everything. At this, Changmin pulled Soo Kyung off him and put his hands on her shoulders, looking directly into her brown eyes.

"Yesterday, when I said 'I love you' to you, I really meant it. And hope your feelings for me are the same too. And since we are not official as an item now, I would like to ask you." *Pause* "Will you be my girlfriend?" he said, at last, without hesitation.

Soo Kyung was amazed at his proposal. She never thought that Changmin had the guts to tell her this. She was so moved that she smiled and nodded her head several times. Then, she said, "Changmin-ah, since the day I met you, you were good to me. And I admit I had fallen madly in love with you."

When Changmin heard these words, he was so filled with joy and he locked his hands into her's. He turned his head towards her and kissed her lightly on the cheek. Soo Kyung blushed deep red and smiled from ear to ear. "So, we are an item now?" Changmin asked but Soo Kyung didn't answer. Instead, she tip-toed, and landed a soft peck on Changmin's lips with her own.

"I love you, so much, Soo Kyung," Changmin said and at that moment he felt like he was the world's luckiest person. "Do you know that?" he asked. Soo Kyung just smiled and without using words again, snuggled up into Changmin's arms and they walked to class. This time, they didn't bump into each other, they walked in, together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they walked into the classroom, in the same position they were outside, all eyes were on them. Some of the eyes were shocked, others happy for them and some with jealousy. The two ignored this and sat at the back of the class together. Class then started like usual.

Soo Kyung and Changmin found it hard to concentrate that day. They were holding hands under the desks and smiled to each other almost every 5 seconds. Later, the teacher noticed and couldn't stand it anymore.

"Changmin and Soo Kyung, this is not a dating site, this is a club. Please keep your public display of affection and pay attention to my lesson," the teacher warned them. By this, they quieted down and smiled only once in a minute. As time passed, they couldn't stop, but to look at each other. Since they just got together, they were still feeling the affection between them burning.

The teacher saw this and shouted, "Changmin and Soo Kyung! You have detention during lunch today in my class room and you are to help out planting the tree nursery at the back yard of the school today!"

They were shocked and never dared to look at each other again during the remaining class time. They didn't want to have anymore punishments. Kibum was looking at them at a corner, not saying anything. He was planning something to break the two again but couldn't think of anything. He was too focused on how the couple looked so happy today and he was jealous, all GREEN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the final bell rang, Soo Kyung and Changmin walked out of the school gates. They were tired from the day and walked slowly to Soo Kyung's house. They were not holding hands this time since they had lots of books to carry home. When they arrived at her house, they said their usual goodbyes and kissed each other lightly on the cheeks. Just a little kiss made them happy and knew the reason why they should live.

"Bye Changmin! See you later~!" Soo Kyung greeted and so did Changmin.

From the window inside the house, Mr. Kim saw everything....everything.