Sad Seperation

Are We Meant To Be Together?

"Just Friends?" Soo Kyung asked again.

Changmin was lost from words. He thought, should I end this friendship and tell her that I like her?? No, I can't, than we might not get this easy around each other again.

"Yeah, just friends, of course!" he lied.

Soo Kyung's face quickly turned to a sad one. "Aww.. Okay."

"Why, are you sad?" Changmin said, putting is arm around her shoulder with a friendly approach.

Soo Kyung felt better now that Changmin was pulling her close. "No, I'm okay. I'm glad we're friends, just friends," she said.

Those two words hit Changmin like a meteorite. 'Just friends' he thought over and over again.

(Changmin's P.O.V)

Why did I say 'just friends'? I should have told her the truth! Now, she thinks I'm a jerk. She looks pretty sad though....is it that she....she likes me too?

(End of Changmin's P.O.V)

Changmin walked Soo Kyung home, still holding her close. Soo Kyung felt his warmth as she nested her head into his chest. They were actually walking like a couple, but too bad the feeling was different from it.

Just when they were about to arrive at Soo Kyung's house, they heard footsteps behind them.

"Changmin-ah do you hear it too?" Soo Kyung asked.

"Yes, let me look," he said and turned back but didn't see anyone.

"Who is it?" Soo Kyung asked.

"There is no one," he answered and they arrived at the house.

"Komawo Changmin-ah," Soo Kyung said, looking into his eyes.

"For what?" he asked.

"I don't know, for everything. You've been good to me and I just felt like I should thank you," she said.

"Oh..okay, I guess I'll be going now. See you later at school....Soo Kyung shi," he said and waved goodbye.

(Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

He turned back and didn't even smile at me. Hmmn.... I think I've fallen for him. Everything just feels right when I'm with him. His smile, the warmth I feel when I'm close to him and all the other things about him. But he just wants to be friends with me. Well, I guess being his friend is better than being a stranger. Sigh...

(End of Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

Changmin walked home alone. He was feeling very sad because he turned Soo Kyung down. Plus, the class would go crazy on them if they found out they are dating and nose around too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Kibum's house.....

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Hah! Seven perfect pictures for the picture perfect couple. Hahhahahah," Kibum said counting the photos he took of Changmin and Soo Kyung.

He had a plan, a very bad plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning at school.

Changmin walked past the school gate and found Soo Kyung sitting ont the school's steps from far away. As he walked in, lots of people were looking at him and acted like he was some stranger.

As he got closer to Soo Kyung, he noticed that she had been crying. He sat next to her. A few students walked past and Oohhed at them.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Look for yourself at the school's bulletin board," Soo Kyung answered.

Changmin walked to the board and his eyes widened at the sight of it. Pictures of him and Soo Kyung yesterday were posted on the board. There were also writings like : Are they dating? They say they are not, but looks like they are! Watch out for them at school!......and so on.

He walked to Soo Kyung, who stood up. "So what are we going to do? The whole school thinks we're dating now," she said.

Changmin didn't say anything and thought for a while. " I guess we have to show them that we are not dating," he said.

"I know, but how? This is too embrassing for me! I can't stand it," Soo Kyung said.

"There is a way. We can not talk or be next to each other. Then they wouldn't suspect us anymore. We can go on like this until the rumors stop. So, what do you say about it?" he said.

Soo Kyung thought for a while and agreed. "Okay, I guess I'll have to go with your plan. But by the way, who posted these photos??"

"Umm, I have no idea. Who ever did that is sure a mean person," he said, scratching his head.

Kibum walked past them, with a smirk. "Look what we've got here. The perfect couple. You guys shouldn't keep it a secret you know? There's nothing to be ashamed of."

Changmin stepped away from Soo Kyung and left a huge gap. "I don't know what you are talking about. Please mind your own business." Kibum just walked away.

Changmin turned to Soo Kyung who has been quiet for some time. "I guess I'll be going now. Take care of yourself. I'll see you around," he said and Soo Kyung just nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And those were the last words Changmin said to Soo Kyung for the past 2 months. Whenever he sees Soo Kyung around, he wanted to smile at her but there were too many people around. And people kept teasing them.

(Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

It hurts. Hurts alot. He won't even talk to me. I know this is just for a while but he won't even get near to me. I know now, I understand this feeling, I long for him, I think I, I .... love him.

(End of Soo Kyung's P.O.V)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks past and still they didn't exchange any contact. Kibum was happy. The rumors leveled down and soon no one was talking about it, finally, after 3 months. Rumors were really bad at that school.

"Hey Soo Kyung!" Kibum called.

Soo Kyung thought it was Changmin and happily turned back to see Kibum waiting at the back of her.

"Yea?" she asked. "You want to hang out with me some time after school? I know this really cool place to hang out at. It's got great food too," he said.

Changmin was quietly listening behind a door.

Soo Kyung thought about Changmin but Kibum flashed back into her thoughts. "Okay, I guess so. I'm free tomorrow," she accepted.

"Cool! We can meet up after school at the front gate and I can take you to the place from there! Okay, bye!" he said.

Even though Soo Kyung had accepted Kibum's invitation, she still had feelings for Changmin. But her feelings seemed to have faded away after all these months.

(Changmin's P.O.V)

Oh no! Kibum is taking Soo Kyung out. How can I do this? I told her we won't be talking for long, but I guess I've gone too long. What shall I do...??

No, wait, why am I saying this?? Am I jealous? Am I in love with her? I'm confused. I felt it, with her a long time ago but now, I have this really confused feeling. I guess I have to find out later.....

But right now, I should follow Soo Kyung in case there is a time I can talk with her...

(End of Changmin's P.O.V)