Chapter 7......

The journey...

WOOHYUN'S POV: 

 

After "proposing" quickly to Haru, I picked Nana up and went upstairs. I got her ready for bed and tucked her into bed, along with giving her a goodnight kiss. 

 

"Daddy, thank you... For proposing to mommy." She smiled as she closed her eyes. 

 

"Why are you thanking me?" I jokingly asked. 

 

"Because.... Mommy deserves someone like you. Someone who'll put up with all of her with no complaints and you need someone like mommy who'll put up with you and your grease." 

 

"I'm sure there's other guys in the world that would put up with your mommy." 

 

"No... No one as good as you. Goodnight daddy." She replied as she turned the other way and cuddled herself. 

 

"Goodnight my little banana." I whispered before I closed the door. 

 

I made my way to our room and got ready for bed. After getting ready, I laid in bed with holding Haru. 

 

"What are the rings for?" 

 

"For you." 

 

"No.. I mean..." 

 

"One's a gift and the other one's your engagement ring. I got the aquamarine one for you because you love the color blue and it's a ring I know you'll adore. As for the engagement ring, I just chose one the I liked, since you're not into diamonds and all." 

 

"Ah. I see. Well, thank you for remembering my favorite color." She joked. 

 

"I never forgot it." 

 

"Sure." She mumbled. 

 

Haru always had random sides to her. Some days, she's just grumpy, other days, she's perfectly perfect. Tonight, she was cold because of the several mistakes I've made in the past while we were dating. The main reason why I held off on marrying her would probably be because of those mistakes. Besides being scared of losing her and Nana, I'm scared that I'll turn back into the person I was back then. A person who played around with girls when he already had one. One that sincerely loved him. I've moved on from my mistakes and gotten over them, Haru on the other hand, has not. If I were in her shoes, I probably wouldn't either. I probably would've ran away from myself. 

 

"I'm being serious, Haru." I spoke as I shook her lightly. 

 

"We should go to sleep." She commented. 

 

"Haru.. I know what you're doing." I uttered. 

 

"What am I doing?" 

 

"You're pushing me away." 

 

"You know why." 

 

"Can't you just get over it? It's the past. The past belongs in the past, Haru." 

 

"I know... I'm trying." 

 

"I love you, Haru." I spoke as I tightened my hug around her. 

 

"What do you want me to say?" She asked. 

 

"Nothing. I don't want you to say anything." 

 

"Our Nana thanked me tonight. She thanked me for proposing to you." 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because you need a guy like me in your life. Someone who'll deal with all of you without complaining." I joked. 

 

"I know I do. I'm truly thankful for you, Nam." 

 

"I'm more thankful for you, Haru." 

 

"You should be." She laughed. 

 

"I am." I mumbled. 

 

"Aren't you curious as to why I stayed with you?" 

 

"No.... I already know...." I replied. 

 

"You do?" She asked confused. 

 

"I do..." I replied. 

 

"Why then?" 

 

"It's a secret." I spoke as I kissed her. 

 

"Ehhh.. You and your secrets... You're a terrible liar." 

 

"I know. And so are you." 

 

"Goodnight, Nam." She whispered as her heavy eyelids began to take over. 

 

"Goodnight, Haru." I whispered as I tucked her in and made my way towards our little bedroom balcony. 

 

The night sky in Seoul.... Perfect way to end my night. It was quite chilly so I stayed out there for a short while and then came right back in to sleep alongside Mrs. Nam. We both knew why we stayed with one another, it's just that it took me a while to realize. We stayed together because of love. The word love has its own pros and cons. Love isn't just a feeling or something that's temporary. Love..... Love is family. Love is happiness. Love is life. Love is what keeps us all alive. But most importantly, love... Our love, that is.. Is love that lasts forever. Haru is love. Nana is love. Infinite is love. Me? Well..... I'm the kind of guy that love hates, but I love love, so... In all, love is Nam Woo Hyun. Love made me into who I am today. Love is love.