Chapter Nine

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

[ Metanui ]

 

“My Lord, the rehabilitation of the norcas are over. Will we send them in.?”Vader.

 

“Yes. Send them to the portal and let them spawn at the specified regions. Go and let them win the throne.”evil laughs.

 

“Yes sire.”Vader exits the main room.

 

 

“Oarc!” calls the dark lord.

 

“uh, y-yes my lord-d?”his mouth shaking.

 

“Whats your report about the Zebull and the Frakos?” his slimy hands climbed on Oarc’s sholders.

 

“u-uh.. th-the.. the..”as Oarc trembles with fear.

 

“SPEAK!” the lord shouted, and bits of saliva showered on Oarc’s face. He continues to tremble, as the lord steps back and held his hands at the back.

 

“Continue, slave. or els-.”

 

“I-I have made th-them already, but they la-lack more abilites that could av-void some of the attackkks. We cannot gather up somme sources, ours are too l-low..”

 

“Then we shall build more Rafts.”

 

“Yes, my lord.”

 

“Hmm,.. hahaha.. Everything works out just fine.

 

 

 

“My Lord!” Vader.

“The Norcas have been summoned already, and were under the portal regime. And are already spawned.”

 

 

 

“Oh.. That’ good! Well, well.. what a coincidence..” as he laughs lavishly. He stares at the wonderful sight above.

“cant you see it, Vader?..” as the emperor shows his slave the view.

 

“What’s with the moon’s weaker light master?” Vader walks closer towards the emperor.

“The favor is in our hands. Oops! wrong.!” as he laughs again.

 

“-In my hands. Aerok, will finally be mine.”Evil smile.

 

                                      *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~  *

 

[ Army Base, Aguadon ]

 

On the Patch:

/scratches./ /dispatch/

 

“H-help.. W-we need backu-up.. I repeat, We ne-/squeaks/ /squikk/”

 

“Its them. They’re here. Send in the troops!.”

 

“Send in. Alpha and Bravo team. I repeat: Attention everyone. Norcas attacking beam tower. Alpha and Bravo, please respond.”

 

 

 

[ Beam Tower, Aguadon ]

 

I’m nearing now the entrance of the cabin. Checking transmitter patches. Okay.

Checking bombs and assessing the whole area. Negative.

 

Let’s check the beam tow-

Wait!

I heard something from behind.

 

-Are you getting something boss?

 

I stepped towards the kitchen. Left. Right. Negati-

 

I hear clangs near the books. On my right, team. Alpha stayput. Bravo go back to the beam tower. Move now!

-Roger that.

I signalled some to search the kitchen. Some over the device room. I went to the source room with a man named Jay.

Right .Left. Negative.

 

A loud bang from the kitchen.

: What was that.?

* /Scratch//

: Hey, answer me.

* /eeekkkkk.... spkk... tssskkk...shshhstkkk..../

 

We need to go back Jay.

-Roger that.

 

Team hold on.

Standby. Were coming.

 

We came at the kitchen and found two dead. Water is leaking from the glasswall.

!~ as I assessed a broken piece. How could it be broken? No one cou-

before my eyes, a norcas was trying to spit a somewhat greenish fluid towards us.

Shoot!~ Norcas!! as I forced Jay to duck.

 

-Boss, anything wrong?

Norcas on kitchen. I repeat: Norcas on. . .

-Affirmative. We’re coming.

 

Jay : Was that an acid?

Yeah, sort of. As I my eyes searched the evil creature. Water is still flowing from the hole. It mustve the Norcas, only them can do things like that. But wait,

Did you find something unusual with the norcas?

Jay : Uhm, yeah. It has webbed-feet and hands.

Idiot. Aside from that.

Jay : Oh.. of course. Its size are somehow became bulky. and its eyes, became so weird.

Thats it. That’s im talking about. Its weird. they dont seem to be like that last time, are they?

 

-Boss //scratch//ccrrccckkkttteeekkktttt// Boss, weve been hit. W-eve been hit.

*What is it?

-It looks like an a-cid.. //tzzzttzckkckckekekekktccttct///

*HELLO! HEllo!!

 

Jay : They’re gone.

But no we are not going to. I searched again and saw no sign of them, so we moved to another location and hid behind a cupboard shelf. The kitchen entrance is now in front of us. Any minute from now, and the norcas will be ash as soon as we ca-

 

Shoot!~ There’s two of them! The other that we saw last time, and the other one, some how, more weird. Scaly skin and fins on the sides. And a fishtail? What th-?

 

I looked around to look some other weapons. . the water is still gushing out from the hole, and its the first time that I noticed that my shoes have gone wet. I motioned Jay to go to other side of the shelf. In that way, we’ll surprise the two of them. But that’s not the case now. They must’ve picked up our scent.

 

The two norcas neared the shelf.

I can feel their steps on the other side. I peeked at a hole nearby. They’re gone!

My heart started to beat faster. ~ Stop it. But it didnt. My heart continued pumping liek forever. I can even hear it from my chest.

Thump. Thump.