Chapter Two

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

I opened the door and was amazed at the sight. I never knew Popsie had a secret underground room before!. Well, the place was totally wooden, and with green stuffs. There was a long table attached on the wall and it circled half of the room. And there was also a large center table made of big stones, and at its center, a very well known symbol was carved. The yin ang yang.

 

“dear! Ive been worried about you.. Come inside ill show you something. As he grabbed my hand and maneuvered me into the center table. I was still in awe about the place. The room was lightened by a strong chandelier that I dont know, it was like a hard vine with pink flower buds with it. Its just so amazing how lovely the flowerbuds glow.

 

“Sweet isnt it?” Popsie smiled at me. I smiled back and asked “So.. you’re an elf? or something with fairy-stuff?” but Popsie just laughed in response. I dont know what to say. Its just overwhelming.

 

“So will you let me finish the story?”

“Of course!.. but the book.?..”I asked. “Oh.. leave it as it is. We’ll deal with it later” and he winked at me. I just grinned and got ready for Popsie’s words as I sat in front of him, facing his wrinkled face.

 

“Before our world started its cycle, a huge magical world was resting inside the wholly earth. The people were very nice and kind. And there lived different types of people. They were not like us, they were not humans. They are a race of enthusiastic people. There were also nations, rich and poor just like our world. They were happily living with each other.

 

“But, what does their world look like?”

 

“Oh you just imagine earth when it was first created, it was like a world of paradise. No fear, no evil, Just hope and love. Just like us, each nation is different from the other. There is a nation swirling in cold snow, there is also one with just mere trees and flowers. Another nation was just floating above the mountains. Other nations were living near the base of the volcano, in underwater kingdom, and even underground. It was a world full of energy, powerful energies that had one goal-maintaining order and balance.

At the center of each kingdoms stands a very tall tower taller than their castles. And in those towers, lies their source of energy. Without it, the whole kingdom would die and will eventually turn into grey stone. Those energy is unending and it shines very bright and surrounds the whole kingdom with its magestic light.

 

But above all the kingdom, there is one who serves as the central nation, and there stood the Palace of Loues, or which is properly called as the “City of Light. It embodies the Aerok Council which governs the peace and order between the different nations. The kingdom of Loues is wonderful place to be in. With its huge temples and tall towers, it must’ve been built like centuries ago. Their palace was pure white stone, engraved with different precious stones and at the tops of each column, statues of different sizes where carved and seems to guard the beautiful place.

 

But this was just the heart of the big planet of Aerok.

 

“So, It was called Aerok.”

 

“Yes.. and the nations were called naeroks, and the people-naerokians. It was believed that if one of the energy towers loses its ability to light up, the balance has been removed, and so causes the central tower of Aerok which is in Loues, to slowly create an extra energyball that will again lit up the lost tower. That’s why great men and soldiers, guard each towers to protect the balance within the kingdom and will avoid pestering the order of the city realms. But the tower of Loues, is armed with gigantic army of men and is protected with numbers of strong men in its base. And no one dared entering the towers since then, unless told by the King of the nation.

If ever the tower of Loues will loss its resistance and will be damaged, it will be the cause of Aerok’s end. So each day, they maintained balance within the noreaks and the whole land of Aerok.

 

                                      *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~  *

 

[ Central Dogma, City of Terra ]

 

{ bell clangs }

“Attention! Attention! people of Terra! Please listen!”

{ bell rings }

“The king has something to say. Please make way for him.”

 

And slowly, the terrians gathered up into the center. Men and women, young and old, widows and couples, lined up for the meeting. And soon, the area was wavered with noises and mumbles, different voices patterned the whole place. It was a comotion and well, a normal day in Terra. Soon enough, some people became quiet as the kings states his concern.

 

“City of Terra, farmers, vendors, housewives, gardeners, green-thumbs, bugs, and planters! This day! We officialy announce and declare the Harvester Day of the year!” and the people started shouting hooray! and the people started dancing, singing and were just making noise everywhere. Everyone danced as the trumpets let out its loudest honk. And soon, everyone joined the feastive celebration. Drinks came out as the bartenders opened the restos. Men and women, let out their glorious song of praise.

Each one was full of hapiness and a hint of delightfulness. But there is one young man whom seems to be an exception.

 

“Cant you believe it Kyung?..” Soo emerged from behind.

“Na.. i dont care about it, Soo. besides, its always the same each year. the same day, same old people, same king.. same city..” augh.. i wanna get out of here. and live somewhere else.

 

“Whoa whoa... what? are you serious? I mean its the best day of the year! we gathered just enough crops for Kali Day.”

 

“I know right?.. But.. its just that.. Im bored, and I.. I-I dont want to work anymore.” as I hopped to another branched and sat.

 

“Oh dear.. are you sick?.. Do you hear yourself? I mean you dont mean it do you?”Soo followed.

 

“Tss.. oh come on. Im not sick.” “I mean look at them..”as I cleared one clump of leaves and show Soo the celebrating people.

“What about them??”as she watched them below. “They’re happy.. and Im not.”

 

“They’re contented with their life, but me..”as I turn back from the scene. “I feel so useless. So like a junk.”I frowned. I dont understand myself, sometimes. Its just I wanted to do what I want, not work. Just anything Im interested to do. I’ve been too many works before, something just isnt makes me complete and happy. Last month, I worked as a gardener at Ella’s orchard. She said she liked how I plant her herbs. I like it too but at the end of the day, i dont get it, I just feel so uncontented.

Last three months ago, I thought I had the best work ever-a farmer. Planting here,harvesting there, and planting again.. and harvesting different kinds of fruits and vegetables.

But after two months, I decided to quit. It doesnt make any sense, I felt so bored, and not satisfied each day I went home. Sometimes, I asked myself, why am I like this. I’ve been through a lot this year. And its so hard living like this. I want something adventurous, something new and fresh and very interesting..

 

“Soo..? Is there some job I havent done yet?..”We are at grandpa’s house now. He’s been with me since my parents died. My father used to be a farmer, as what grandpa said to me. And my mom,.. She died of gving birth to me.

Yes,. so Im with grandpa now, and I sleep here, I stay here, do some chores and help grandpa with his work-writing poems and songs.

“hmm.. I-I dornt knrowr.. mmrmrm..”hahaha silly rabbit. And this is my pet rabbit Soo. He’s been with me when I was ten. I saw him at the Oak Forest when grandpa and I were out to find some strawberries.

 

Terrians love strawberry so much. But sadly it only strives at the middlest part of the Oak Forest. There I saw Soo, very weak, and seems to have injured its leg while looking out for some spiders.

Rabbits here love spiders, and hates carrots.