Chapter Seven

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

[ Electral Dome, Voltarium ]

 

This awesome. This is gonna be awesome. This is my first time here in the Battle of the Voltz. I looked up the stadium and noticed the great view. People from the different cities of Voltarium, united for this big event.!

 

“This is so cool man, so cool.” as I say to Freddy.

“Yeah, I know right man.. Look around you, and you’ll notice some of your greatest idols.” I looked around and saw what he’s talkin about. And damn, he’s so right. My jaws dropped after seeing Volta near our bench. Volta is one the greatest voltaire of all time. And , he’s so near to us. I also saw some of his companions, Chargie and Stance. And come on, look at them! They’re so cool. I wanna be like them someday. And Im gonna show them what I’ve got. We’ve been training the whole time around and this is the day Im gonna tell the world who I am. I looked high above the dark clouds. This is my destiny. I moved my eyes all around the stadium. They’re all cheering and shouting out our names.

 

Clouds from the southwest came and gathered up high above our heads. This is a sign. All the contestants stood up and went towards their position. There’s seventy of us all, competing in this grand occasion. I hovered my eyes towards my right and saw the panel of judges, also with the hig rank officers of the Voltarium Palace. I gazed at my friend Freddy who is in my right. I can see his excitement in his eyes.

 

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for.. Too bad, Dad’s aint coming. And he never will. But for sure, he’s been seeing and he’s so proud of me. I looked up once more and noticed the clouds getting darker each moment passing by. Thunders started to roar. Everyone silenced.

 

“Get ready warriors!.” the announcer yelled and the crowd shouted for more. I heard some of whailing for their loved ones. Some crying out to their idols. I motioned my eyes towards our citygroup. Yes, all Ive been hearing is “Go! Go! Chen and Fred!! You can do it.!” from my friends. But no one from family. I have no family. Since my Dad passed away, I have no one to look up to. But there was Freddy who helped me stand my ground again. And he’s my best friend. He must’ve noticed my eyes, as he went my way and patted my back.

 

“Its okay, Chen. Im sure your father is so proud of you. Now lets go and show them what weve got.” I smiled ,went for my black jacket and joined him towards our position. We held hands and made a promise. “Whatever happens, win or lose. We will still be friends.”

 

We shaked our hands. I zipped up my jacket and waited for the blow. Thunders roared and roared, and everyone shouted more wildly. I prepared my body for a sudden move.

 

Thunders started to minimize and lightning started to form beneath the dark clouds.

And Flash!

 

An intense lightning strucked the field. The whole place was covered with fog. As it eases away, a familiar figure formed the between the arena. The Zebull is here.

 

“Let the battle begin!”

 

and the crowd roared loudly and very close to the thundershocks from above. Seconds passed, and the contestans started to drew the creature’s attention towards them. Volta’s team stood right the line and waited for the right moment. Me and Freddy waited ours too. As the creature jumbled the contestants like dominoes, its horns spiked some of the contestants into pieces. A bloody hell. Freddy’s eyes gazed mine.

 

“We’ll wait for the right action.” I calmed him down. The contestants started throwing electral shots towards the beast, but the beast just swindel their powers away, as they were knocked off by its huge claws. Minutes gone by, and quickly, around fifty warriors became victims of its huge horns and beastly claws. Then other teams started to ajoin the fun and began to create massive current shocks towards the head of the beast. It penetrated through its eyes and left a wide scar there. But the beast began chasing them started howling its powerful beam that came out from its big mouth. The Zebull has taken down another team of warriors.

 

As I watched the scene. People became agressive, became more hot. Trying to take down the creature, but its has rowed their flesh into bits many times. But still the audience clapped and shouted. Some of the men who survived magestically, were taken out of the arena and were given instant aid.

 

More and more warriors raged and attacked the beast with their lightning rods and sonic beams, but it just left too much scars on the creatures body. Then I saw Volta’s team getting into the scene. With one blow, Chargie electricuted the beast, while Stance made an open wire and tied the beast up. Then Volta came into the scene and went for the target’s head. Everyone cheered loudly, the announcer roared more. Everyone stood to watch the perfect scene. But the beast was so powerful that it lead out a howl and beamed a sonic wave on Volta. Everyone was silenced as their idol was thrown outwards and strucked the walls of the arena. Chargie and Stance couldnt say a word as they saw what happened. But the crowd shouted for more as they saw the beast escaping the wire. It charged Chargie first, but Chargie let out quick blasts that had no effect on the beast. It roared loudly and ate the man alive. It was about to charge on Stance but I motioned a sign to Freddy and we came into the scene. People were beginning to draw nervous and crazy about the event. I watched the panel on my right up. I saw the King, and he grabbed my eyes, my view. We stared for a moment.

 

“Shall we stop this Our Lord?”

“No. Let them play.” as his voice seem to agree with my eyes.

 

I went towards the beast. Freddy let out boomerangs made of lightning and it hitted the beast. It left a scar on its back. The Zebull became interested in us and were out of Stance’s sight. The best started to charge us with its horn waiting to clinch us in one blow. Fred made a colony of boomerangs and threw it off towards the eyes of the beast. I started to form an electric bow from my hands. And stricked the other eye of the beast. I signalled Freddy to run at the back of the beast. The beast became more ferocious as it was blinded by our hits. Freddy threw again a handful of electrical shots towards the beast and it hitted hard in the back. Now it knew we were at its back and it started to charge towards us again even if it was blind.

We circled it, as we planned for the next action. I created an electrical sword from my hand and attacked the feet of the beast. It crippled its two right feets as I slashed the sword inside the flesh. It started to wear off my attack which we became confused of. That is my greatest attack. It should have fallen by now. I noticed Fred standing right in front of the beast’s face. No, wrong idea. Fred fired a huge ball of charge towards the face of the beast. But its a wrong decision. The beast face has the most thickiest flesh of all its body parts. Aside from its large fangs, its mouth opens wide up to 15 meters, and that was really huge. Its bulging humps covered mostly of its entire body, leaving an ugly monstrous face.

 

I gazed my view back to Freddy who was eager to punish the beast with an electric dagger in his hands. But the beast was too eager to take revenge too, as it opens up its mouth, somehwat trying to invite any human in. But a second thought, I know this beast wouldnt open up its mouth that much when it eats. I thought of something more.

 

The beam.

 

 

Shoot! The beast is trying to let out a beam!. Freddy was already five meters away from the beast. Every inches becomes nothing as they both went for each other. I stood silent and couldnt move. This is not what its supposed to be. My memories tries to flash back my father’s death again. But I dont want to. I dont want to suffer in those old memories anymore. This is today, there is more. I stared at Freddy and saw in his widened eyes, the white beam that howled out from the Zebull’s huge mouth. Everyone’s gaze paused at the moment as the bright beam shone brightly on the arena.

 

“Im not gonna let this happen again. I will take revenge of my father’s death.” Im not gonna let you take out a single life again. I started to feel my feet lighting up. Small bits of bolts started to crawl up from my feet towards my chest, then to my arms, then to my head. I felt a sudden rush of electricity, energizing up my body. As if I was an open circuit that got sprinkled with hot water. I can feel strong currents of volatge running deeply, into my nerves. I know what I’ve got. This is what Im supposed to be. And seconds after, I quickly flashed towards Freddy to get him out of his near death. Everything was so quick, so fast. I dont even notice at all what happened as the beam blasted a big part of the arena wall. Everyone was in awe and couldnt speak.

Some people started to stand up to localize their best view. Some clapped their hands and cheered. But I just stared at the best whose one eye became healed. I raged in fury and dropped Freddy beside our bench. He just stared at me as I silently walked towards the beast. Our eyes met as we displayed our anger in flesh. I couldnt handle the pain no more. The beast faced my direction and seemed to make another howl. I noticed everyone in the stadium, standing up and made an applause.

Even if I dont see them, I feel the panel also standing on their ground.

This is a one on one battle with the slayer and the beast.