Chapter Four

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

“Wait, wait.. what do you mean like us?..”

“Well, havent you discovered it yet?.. hahaha of course, of course..” Grandpa laughed this time. I looked at him with total confusion. He then told me revelation. I couldnt believe everything he said. Yes, its possible. So that’s why..

 

Its’s already deep in the evening, and was still at the garden and staring at the friendly moon as it gives a peek from the hovering clouds. I couldnt believe its true. So thats why I dont get the perfect job for me. Its because its not really meant for my ability. I’ve tried everything and im right. Its useless. But I told grandpa that one time I’ve been doing good in gardening. He said that it could be that I have an amount of that ability, but lesser. He also told me that Im not that good in farming thou.

Well, that made laugh. But the most thing that made me sure of my decision is when he told me the truth.

“And one thing that you must know Kyung..” his words were very serious. So I stopped smiling and faced his direction. “What is it about grandpa?..” I trembled. “Its about your father..” His eyes looked away, and instead went for the moon. “What about my father, grandpa..?” I became nervous, and excited as well. I dont know what my feeling was. It was mixed, with other emotions. Then his words came about.

“Your father was once a palace guard.” seconds past and I just stared blankly at grandpa. I couldnt say a thing.

“Then, he went to become a farmer after the palace replaced his duty.”

I stooped at my memory of papa. Many people have said, I really look like him. He was very bold. But I didnt know his past job was. He died when I was seven. After our barn was burned by a big fire, and my father was trapped inside. I couldnt forget that day. Many people tried to pull out the fire but it was very huge that it almost got the whole field burned. It was a very noisy day.

But thanks to some Aquaians ( “Akweiyans”) who quickly put the fire off. The whole place was burned and very devastated. I remember myself crying over the ashed room where my father used to work. And till my grandpa came and took me home. After what happened, rumors consumed the whole city. That my father intentionally caused the fire. That he did a sucicide fire. And that he burned himself down because of depression about his job not being well done..I didnt know his work at all. But I didnt believe all of those.

 

Then after those time, I became shutdown before all people. I tried to be silent and try not to talk to anyone that day on. It was my decision. My sad realization. Then I became ten and met Soo, who made me realize that life is fun and cool. And from then on, I speak a lot, I do a lot of stuffs. I become strong and I went to play with my school friends.

Then, I heard grandpa telling Soo, not to talk about my father. But I know it. Im strong and went to fight for my struggles, and Soo helped me. Then I forgot about my father, but his memories never left my heart.

“My father was a palace guard.” I thought Id be releaseing pain but I just felt being relieved and so full of excitement that my face formed a smile. I laughed. I laughed. I was never expecting that, but yes. I am so happy. I told grandpa how happy I was and I thank him for telling me the truth. He then laughed with me and we hugged each other.

Haha.. even now that I was looking into the moon, I just couldnt explain the words. but im so happy. The moon is telling me to take my rest bidding its goodbye as the clouds covered its immensive blue light. I went inside.

Before taking my rest, I still want to see Soo, so I decided to check her on her room. She’s so adorable, as she hugs her teddy bear toy I gave her long ago. I landed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I’ll surprise her tomorrow. I tried to kiss her a goodnight sleep when suddenly she turned around and held tight on my arms.

“Kyung.. please dont leave me, or i’ll kiss you many times..” and she snored. It was a funny gesture, and I was about to laugh but I remembered her hands on my arms. I took her hands off and kissed her on the cheeks.

“Thanks for changing me Soo.” And I slowly closed the door and I went for my room.

 

                                      *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~  *

[ Metanui ]

 

“My lord, we need to do something. Their gaurds have strengthen the barracks, and our Norcas have no match for their powers.”

 

“Hmm.. very interesting.. Very well then Vader, send Oarc here now!”

 

“Yes. master.”

 

 

“Here he is master.”Vader comes back again with the Oarc with him.

“You.. have failed me! Now, let me see...” as the darklord inches his long nails towards Oarc’s face. He traces to the neck and slowly pinches his cheeks, and his nails slowly traverses through Oarc’s skirming skin.

“W-What do you want..?” says Oarc as hi closes he tightly closes his eyes. The darklord’s nails withdrawed and went back to the darklord’s side.

 

“Oh.. good thing you asked.”he smiled. “I want something new. A powerful creature than the Norcas. I want them transformed into a more ferocious, and more stronger creature. The quards have become more powerful than before.”

 

“I-Its okay master.. I have built another creaTure just in case the Norcas wouldnt work. and I guarantee you its more powerful than the Norcas and it will surely tremble the guards down.”

 

“Oh.. really? IS that right?.. Send them into the cell and and multiply them quickly. I want things to be done fast.”

 

“yes, sire.”

 

“Now leave.”

 

 

“hmm.. seems to work for me. Beware you idiots! Your doom is near and of course, beware you city of light cause the darkness is coming, slowly.. and surely.”

 

His evil laughs echoed through the dark palace of Metanui.