Chapter Ten

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

I gazed at Jay who was at the same time looking at me. I can notice he’s sweating too much. His hands feeling shakey.

I signalled him to get ready.

 

On Three, Two, O-

 

-/ktktktktktkteeekktektetiektetietktiekteiteitketiet/ on the patch.

 

A voice dispatch signal. I looked at Jay. His eyes went gray.

 

*Team Alpha. Over. Team Bravo, Please Respond. I rpeat. Please respond.

-/crrsrcrscrsrcsrcsrcsrcrscrscrsrcrsctsctst/ We a-are u-under attac-ked.. Ple---ase br //stctsctstcsctsctsj// each in.

I r--rep-- // eat. Pl--ease,, /// brea//ch in. //cstcsjctsjctsjctsctsjctsjctsj //

 

*Roger that. Is everyone still ali-

 

-?arrgg!!hh... ! Move now.. Faster.. No.. ARgh!!

 

//tssss....//

 

//ctsttsjtcjtsjtcjstcjtscjtjrscjstcjrs//

 

( shouts. whails. cries. yells. )

 

Silence.

 

*Bravo. Are you still there? Bravo?

-/tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt......./

 

I gazed at Jay who was nervously listening. We met our gaze. Sweat dazzled my noseline and dwon into my chest.

 

Thug. Thug.Thug. My heart are beating loudly.

We’ve lost them soldier. I looked at Jay. He just nodded and stared at the water-flooded floor.

 

-Let’s move out.

 

 

 

We silently stepped out our hiding place. Cutted wires all over the place. Utensils scattered. The hole that they bore is getting bigger. This is a problem. The device room may have been wiped out. With the waterlevel on our knees. There’s no way those devices could survive. No choice. We need to move out the cabin.

 

I heard footsteps on the back. Jay flounded and quickly blasted off a shot near the ceiling. It left a huge hole on it. He looked at me and lipped .Sorry.

 

Its okay. Just try to feel the waters. THose norcas are no match for us basically. We are the aquas. And there’s no way they could beat us here. Not in in the water.

 

I signalled Jay to feel the waters. He nodded and closed his eyes. Silky, scaley Fins went out behind his ear. His separate fingers transformed into webbed-like and the his feets started to crawl as it changed into tentacles.

 

His color changed from light brown to colorful shades of blue and green. Scales started to shift his hairs. A remarkable view of existence. And that’s what we are.

 

He silently opened his eyes and looked at me. His eyes were like of those piranhas living in the wild. His lips became bulgy and his teeth showed fiercer than the norcas.

 

I nodded at him.

 

“Why dont you change yourself?” he asked me. I was shocked. Yeah, why dont I shift myself into a seamonster like him? I just laughed.

 

“Whut?” he looked confused.

 

“Soldier, I cant.” I looked at my right. “I just cant. I dont know, but its in me. I cant change myself like how you transform yourself like that.”

 

“But why?.. Arent you an agua?”His voice started to grew louder. I eyed him to hush. He smirked.

“I just dont know why.. Now let’s get back to wor-“ Even before I could finish speaking, a norcas plucked into the scene. Jay and I gave our direct shoot at it, but it has escaped quickly as it plunged into the water.

 

I was shocked. I told Jay to stay calm and feel the water. But when I was about to say it to him, he directly plunged his body towards the water. I was confused. Rattling about the incident.

 

I gazed at the water. I never thought the water are coming in so quick! I noticed the tip of my undergarment became wet. Shoot! The water has gone this high? Its too fast.

 

My mind told me to just close the hole and let’s get out of here. But my other mind was telling me to go and use what you can and save Jay. I cant use my powers. No.

 

Not now.

 

While my mind is battling its decision. I felt a sudden movement of water from the front view. And out of the water, Jay was thown, and a Norcas as well at his front. The two didnt even notice I was standing right beside them!

 

Jay flew to the utensils while the Norcas jumps through and grabs Jay’s neck. It choked him.

I dont know what to do!

 

It choked him very hard but Jay still struggled to fight by pushing the norcas away through his sticky tentacles. But the norcas just slapped it away.

 

Shoot! How could they be so strong now when before, they’re not that stronger?

Ugh, this is so unbelievable.

 

“Commander,. you can r-run now.. J-Just leave me a-lone..”

Shoot! I felt so humiliated. I cant run now.

Not now.

 

You are the commander. My mind was telling me.

 

“Please... Please.. Go!”as Jay continues to screech.

 

Im the commander. I am the commander.

I cannot run. Not now.

 

The norcas threw Jay again at the water. They all splashed and dived under.

My eyes just followed their view as they’re gone.

 

Bubbles came to view on the surface. I cant look.

More bubbles are popping out.

 

My heart pounded so fast. My breathing became clear that I can hear from my nose.

My pulse became so weirdly fast.

 

Bubbles popped.

I need to do something!

My hands were shaking. My knees, started to tremble.

 

The water started to tremble too. Until small waves began to swindle apart.

The kitchen began to shake heavily as muy breathing said so.

 

I tightly closed my eyes.

No,.. No..

 

Waves are starting to drizzle more fast. Bubbles keep on coming out of the surface.

More waves.

 

 

Arghh.. SUHO JUST DO IT!