Chapter Six

Aerok Chronicles : Arise Exoplanet

“The icycle spire!”

The voice knocked me out of dilusion. Then I was back into the battlescene again. Im hovering my hands at my sides and then I halted and aimed for the running ugly norcas. I felt sudden rush of power from my spine and down into my shoulders, lower into my elbows, then into my hands, and-

 

A huge spire came out from my hand and raged towards the ugly norcas who was momentarily shocked at the moment. Everything was so graceful. MY perfectly formed spire flew straightforward and gushed its freezing tip inside the norcas’ flesh, and BAM~. The norcas was slashed through his inner body as the freezing power of the spire impoverishly turned the creature into an icy pieces of sculpture. Its body lightened up and turned into dust. Then the cold breeze drew the dusts away. farther, and farther into the freezing clouds as it flew up away.

 

“See? I told ya?”The voice.

 

I was heavily breathing at the sight. I couldnt believe it! I’ve done the best icycle spire ever. I will never be in pain anymore. A sense of pride slowly builds up inside of me, I can feel it. A pride that I can be free from the enslavation of my bad memories. Im not holding back my powers now. This is what I’ve got. This is what I have. This is where I trully belong.

 

But I sighed.

 

“Why?? what’s wrong?”The voice.

 

“Nothing..” I smiled. “Thanks anyway, for helping me out. I couldnt have done it without you. Even if I dont know you, or even thou I havent see you yet, Its still okay. I understand. Thanks again.” As I talked at the wind. I look like crazy talking to no one here, but its okay. I love the idea of an invicible friend.

 

“oh.. ahaha it was nothing.. Its okay. As long as Im here. You’ll be surely out of trouble.”As the voice giggles.

 

Based from what I have heard from “it”. I think its a girl. Its voice is sweet, but not too bossy. When it laughs, not too loud, but just a giggle here, and a cute laugh there. But I never tried asking it’s gender. What if it could be a boy? Then I’d be daMN! I laughed at the thought.

 

“Hey.. what are you laughin at?”

 

“ahaha.. nothing serious. Let’s go back to the tower. We’ll wake the two boys.” as I grinned.

 

We went back to the tower to wake the two sleeping boys. I called to the palace to send more troops to guard the tower. I let Chad and Ruki clean up the main cell and the stairs. It was a mess. Tsk, tsk.. nasty norcas, when will they learn to overcome us. I mean, we are the frostmen, one of the most skillful aerokii on Aerok. As soon as the guards come, Ill get back to the cabin, get my things, and talk to Uncle Louie. I need to tell him something.

 

                                      *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~  *

 

While the kingdom of Frostalia lies on the topmost icy mountains of the north, another land towards her west is striving. Beyond the mountains of Frostalia, facing to the western part of it, is a land opposite to its power. It is the greatest rival tribes of the frostmen, another ethnic of Aerokii that diverged from the city of light. And one of the biggest kingdom of Aerok. The land of Pyrah. Formed between twin volcanoes that have erupted long years ago. Lava that has flowed from the two mountains covered up a huge area of land, which in time made the whole land fertile and so was enabling it to aspire more aerokiis to put up a life there. With their very hot temperature, no wonder they are the most hottest men of the west. But also, it is the home of many pyrans, with very workaholic attitudes. They have the tallest men of all Aerok. Ranging from six to seven footers up. But aside from their intimidating height, the pyrans are one of the most warm-hearted aerokii. These pyrans served to be the best swordsmiths and has a huge factory of weaponry and armory. This is what they are very well-known for. But beside from these, the pyrans were also the old enemies of Frostalia, and Aguadon.

 

Long before they were not of greatest foes, The frostmen and the pyrans tend to have one common bond. Even if they have huge differences in terms to power and prosperity. They were so much in good terms, and even held parties at each kingdoms very often. But there was huge tribulation and great rebeliion amongst the frostmen and pyrans who thought the idea was illegit and very unfair, very nonsense. So they setup the two emeperors in a one banquet night at a beautiful palace built right at the border line of the two kingdoms. Then the rebel pyrans set the place to fire while some of the rebel frostmen created a huge hailstorm that killed many people that night. The two emperors, were nowhere to be found. Some think they’ve turned into ashes, some think they froze and was buried deep the ground. But there also some, survivors that have seen two man wearing capes, running towards the Portal to Loues. But some have also seen the two emperors with a flier, and flew towards Icarus. Many issues have arose, and great bad memories were left. Then the nest thing that happened, the two kingdoms, became great enemies, pyrans throwing bad words to frostmen, and frostmen using their powers to freeze many houses at the lower portion of Pyrah. Close friends became enemies. Many peace treaties were burned off, and many businesses, knocked off. Merchants of the both kingdoms started heading south, towards Psykos and Soondra. Many of the people ran from home and became very hostile. Some were afraid, some became lost. Until such time, that the Aerok Council of Loues, took some action and went up to the north to settle the freezing hot situation. It is time, to elect a new leader. And two emperors were chosen. Then the two emperors, by the law from Aerok Council, made a sign treaty of peace. A treaty that embodies the peacefulness between the two kingdoms. And many laws to prevent rebellions, disloyalty, and to promote justice and freedom. After the Aerok Council have gone back to Loues, many things have changed between the two kingdoms. They secretly, created huge wide walls to drastically highlight the borders between the two kingdoms, which paved the way for a more intense and a display for sovereignty. Then the two kingdoms setted up guards in place to the walls separating the two kingdoms. Then there was no pyran and a frostmen in friendship. All were their greatest enemy.

 

Till Frostalia made allies with Aguadon, which threatened the whole kingdom of Pyrah.

But the elders of Pyrah made a pl-

 

“HALT.!” She raised her hands and stared at me. I looked at the whole class. Such shame to dare stand in this idiotic class of history. I’d better be in Zeline’s house instead of this. School . I rolled my eyes.

 

“Are you saying something Mr.??..”as she went acrossed Elise’s desk and walked towards my table. I felt my knees shaking.

 

“I-I.. I am not saying somethin’ Ms.Lee.”as my words swindle in nervousment. ~ this is insane. I can see everyone staring at me now. Ugh,. I so hate this. She stared at me and her eyes went from my head to my foot. As if she was searching if I’d brought with me a cat. She’s looks so old, very grumpy. And I hate her. I swear to Mom, I’de be outta here as soon as I say this to her.

 

She quit lookin at my and went straight to my face. “Continue.”

!~ Like I was looking into a giant norcas face!. I quickly lowered my head to face my book. I rubbed my eyes behind my glasses. . This is so awkward. I gotta choose slapping her face right in front of me or read my story. My knees are shaking and I can feel her breath loosing some strand of my hair into the air. So I chose the latter.

 

“B-But the el-elders of Pyrah,.. elders of Pyrah made a plan and went to Voltarium to gather their own allies. Then the frostmen did knew about this going to happen so they told some of the voltaires to ally with them. THen a war t-“

 

Bell rings. I looked up and breathed out as she nears to her table and announces dismiss to the class.

I looked at the window, aside from the students running around the field, I saw myself, with the huge glasses stucked in front of my eyes. They’re getting red, I shouldnt have rubbed them ealier.

 

“Hey!” as someone shrugged me of from my stand. I turned and saw her. The biggest dream of my life.

“Oh! sorry.. haha Hi Sunny.” I showed my deepest smile. She really looks like an angel. Those pretty white teeth, and very smooth lips, I’d bet they-re very nice to k-

 

“Hey! What’s wrong with you?..”as she stares at my blank eyes. She aint knowin’ I always dreamin bout her.

“Yeah what?..” as I caught my words to say.

“Uhm.. I just wanna say, you are so good in class. Well, how you detailed every story?.. It was just so amazing.” as she went to her desk and started putting her things into her table.

 

“I-I dont know what to say.. Thankyou.” I am really so red now. This is the first time she’s tellin me nice words. I just smiled and lowered my head.. I grinned.

 

“See ya Baek!”

 

I looked into her direction but it seems she mustve said that near the door. Ugh~. she’s gone.

Oh well, another day accomplished. I get back to my sit again and grabbed my diary.

 

Dear Diary,

 

I saw her again today. She made me smile. And I do think she likes me too. But I dont know,. With my face?, maybe that’s impossible. Well, look at me. I look more like an owl than an aerokii. But oh well, its my first time recieving a sweet compliment from a girl, except my mom of course. Well, whatdya say?.. haha Yeahp. my story was quite good. But I’d still study some of it. Im such a lucky man. You lucky nerdo.

 

Haha. wait. Im gonna pee now. Bye.

-Baekhyun.