Moving Back

I wish I was her

- Author’s POV -

You’ve been living, growing, breathing in London since you were 4. You always thought you were a pure British. Never seem to questioned about your background.

But for some reasons you’re curious why you are fluent more in Korean faster than anyone in your class and yes you took Korean language as your extra subject in London. Yet you never dare to ask your sisters you always thought it’s just one of your special ability.

____

It was second period and you were busy doing your essay test.

‘When will this day going to end!’ You thought to yourself. Then a sudden announcement, that you were called to the principal’s office. You were curious about it. You hand in your unfinished essay to your lecturer and head out to the principal’s office.

“Good Morning Sally, sorry to interrupt you from class.” Mr. Abbey said as he motioned me to sit. I saw my sister, Kimmy and her husband Julian.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I face her and then to Julian.

“Well, we’re moving to Seoul.” She said calmly leaving you clueless and in shock. “We’re leaving in a week.”

“Why the sudden plan? Can’t I stay? I mean.. Please?” You tried to persuade her but no use. You left the school with your sister and arrived home. The house was filled with boxes.

‘We really are moving huh?’ you thought to yourself.

“Grab some boxes and pack your stuff, and don’t try to be hardheaded. Isn’t this what you wanted going to Seoul?” Julian said as he walked around avoiding the boxes.

“But why so sudden? I mean can’t you wait for me to finish school?” you asked as you grab some few empty boxes. “This is ridiculous!” You said running upstairs and slammed the door behind you.

You slumped down on your bed and hugged your pillow. Then there’s a knock on the door and it cracked open a bit.

“Can I come in?” Kimmy asked from the small crack before she popped her head.

“Go away! Leave me alone!” you yelled and covered your face with the pillow in your hand.

“Look there’s something you need to know.” Kimmy said as she sat next to you and patted your shoulder.

“What? I’m adopted?!” You burst out. Julian entered the room and grabbed the chair and sat down in front of me.

“Better than that, you’re actually Korean. Well pure Korean.” He said as he patted my shoulder. “I’ll pack some more stuffs so we’ll be ready soon.” He left you and your sister alone.

“THANK YOU FOR THAT DIRECT TELLING OH DEAREST HUSBAND!” Kimmy yelled in sarcasm. We heard Julian laughing and some boxes being dragged.

“Like what your silly brother in law said. We’re pure Korean. Both me and Julian even Anne.” She said explaining to you slowly. “We’re moving back to our house there because grand dad just passed away.”

“WHAT?! CHINCHA?!” your Korean slipped out which made your sister chuckled.

“She’s used to it!” Julian said as he passed by your room. Your sister yelled at him in Korean slang. “Not to mention you still have the best Korean slang here.” He teased again as he passed by again.

“Aish! You’re not helping Jakiya!” Your sister said again. You laughed at them. It was the first time you saw them scolding at each other in Korean and you feel like you’re watching some Korean drama.

---

You’re at the airport waiting for your arrival at Seoul airport, listening to some Korean songs along the way. You tilted your head slightly and saw Julian and Kimmy were fast asleep. You glance to your wrist watch.

‘An hour to go,’ You said in your mind ‘soon I’ll be in Seoul.’ You smiled to my thoughts as you’re excited to be there. There’s so much thing you wanted to do, places to go, but then you remembered. You’re there and going to live there from today onwards.

‘We’re pure Korean,’ you recall what your sister told you. ‘But how come I can’t remember any memories of the past. Come to think of it I never asked what happened and where are mom and dad.’ You sigh at your thoughts and slowly you drifted away to dreamland.

---

You felt someone shaking you and asking you to get up. “5 more minutes.” You mumbled and back to sleep.

“Uh-huh. Then you’ll catch another plane coming here huh?” Kimmy said as she shook you again. “We’re here you sleepy head!”

You quickly your seat and stood straight and start stretching your arms. “WOOHOO! We’re here!” you cheered. Your sister just chuckled at your kiddish attitude.

You were waiting for your sister, Kimmy as she grabbed the rest of the luggage. You stepped out and saw Anne waving her hands in the air like a mad person.

“Min Jee! Mi Sun! Shin!” She shouted. Which made you raised one of your eyebrows eyeing her as she ran towards you and your sister.

 “Eh?!” You said as she gave you a life hug. “Anne! I. Can’t. Breathe!” You said grasping for air as she let you go.

“Yah! Sang Hee! She still doesn’t know her Korean name. Way to go in ruining the surprise!” Kimmy said to Anne who were excited to see us.

“What? Which one is me? Min Jee? Mi Sun? Shin?” You asked as you head for the car.

“Min Jee. Yie Min Jee.” Kimmy and Anne said in unity. “I’m Yie Sang Hee. And sister Kimmy is Jung Mi Sun and Julian is Jung Shin.” Anne explained.

“We’ll be using that once we reached home. Ok?” she said and grinned at me. I smiled back and sank back in my seat. I look around in awe once we reached home.

“WELCOME HOME LADIES!!” Sang Hee yelled as she stood in front of the yard.

Shin-oppa coughed and cleared his throat which made Sang Hee laughed. “Opps! And gent!” She stuck out her tongue at him.

“Chincha?! This is our house?” you said as you were amazed at the sight of your house. The yard, the structure, it was 10 times better than your apartment back in London.

“Neh dongsaeng. This is our mansion since we were little. Though we’ve renovate it a little and made it more modern.” Sang Hee said.

“Don’t you mean you modernized it too much? This doesn’t look anything like the old house.” Mi Sun said looking at the house.

“Please. It’s better to be updated. Plus I was paying for it anyways who cares?” Sang Hee said flipping her hair, typical of her.

----

*> First chapter! :D Hope this is ok. :S I’m so nervous. <*