Art Class Part 2

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘So what I want to you do, is get in small groups of between three and five, and get a big piece of paper and split it in to as many parts as you have people. Then, each of you will draw a section of your own face on you section. At the end of the lesson I want one big face made up of sections of your group’s faces, is that clear?’ Mr Ko shouted across the class room. ‘Is that clear?’ He shouted.

Luckily for Tae Yeon and Shin Hwa, it seemed all of the instructional parts of Mr Ko’s explanation had been saved for the end; so they didn’t miss anything while they were whispering and sending notes.

 

‘So we’re working together right?’ Pany quickly asked as one of the girls from their class moved around the classroom handing out large sheets of paper. ‘Thanks.’ She muttered to the girl before she scrambled off with the stack of paper.

 

‘Yeah, so split the paper in to three.’ Tae Yeon responded, handing Pany a pencil and a ruler.

 

‘Do it from the middle... kinda like a peace symbol.’ Shin Hwa told Pany. She nodded and carefully split the paper in to three.

 

‘I want this left hand side. My face is better from the left.’ Pany said. Tae Yeon laughed and nodded at the same time.

 

‘Shinny, which do you want?’ Tae Yeon asked.

 

‘I’ll have the bottom third. Then I’ll only have to draw my nose, lips, and jaw.’

 

‘Then I’ll have the right hand side.’ Tae Yeon smiled. ‘Pany, you should draw your half with your eye closed, and I’ll draw my eye open so the face will be winking. Oh! And Shinny, you should draw your part smirking. Then it’ll look really cool.’

 

Tae Yeon, Pany and Shin Hwa all looked at each other and nodded.

 

‘And we should all draw our third of the fact in different colours, kinda like a pop-art style.’ Shin Hwa suggested.

 

‘That’s actually a good idea.’ Pany said, nodding her head slowly. ‘I’m doing my third in pink.

 

‘I’ll do mine in yellow.’ Tae Yeon said.

 

‘I’ll do orange then.’ Shin Hwa added.

 

‘Lets get started then.’ Tae Yeon said. The three of them tipped all their art supplies on to the half of the table which wasn’t covered by the paper. Shin Hwa took every pencil in shades of orange, and started working on his half of the face, glancing at himself in the mirror as he worked. Tae Yeon and Pany did the same. As they all leaned over the paper, Shin Hwa found himself blinded by veils of hair.

He tried to ignore it, but every time he breathed in strands of hair was pulled towards his nostrils and mouth.

 

‘Girls!’ He quickly leaned back to sneeze. The hair had been irritating his nose. ‘Please tie up your hair.’ He whimpered. Both girls stopped working to look at him. ‘It’s itchy!’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter