Car Time is Awkward Time.

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hi Tae Yeon!’ Shin Hwa’s mother said cheerfully as Shin Hwa climbed out of the car to help Tae Yeon put her suitcase in the trunk. Tae Yeon smiled back at Shin Hwa’s mother, looking fully ready in a red t-shirt and navy anchor print shorts for her weekend in the beach. It was currently Friday evening, meaning Shin Hwa was getting two nights and two days with the gorgeous Kim Tae Yeon.

 

‘Hello!’ She waved back before thanking Shin Hwa as he lifted her suitcase in to the boot. He smiled back at her. Behind her her own mother was standing.

 

‘It’s so kind of you to take her to the beach like this. Tae Yeon, be on your best behaviour, okay?’ Tae Yeon’s mother told her daughter who quickly nodded.

 

‘Aigoo, don’t be silly, Tae Yeon’s an angel, it’s no problem.’ Shin Hwa’s mother smiled. ‘We’ll be back late on Sunday.’

 

‘That’s fine.’ Tae Yeon’s mother smiled. At that moment Ha Yeon came running out of the house, her black hair streaming behind her.

 

‘Oppa!’ She yelled, slamming herself in to Shin Hwa and hugging him tightly. Shin Hwa who was unsure what to do lightly patted her on the back.

 

‘I drew you a picture of us.’ She said, shoving a piece of paper in to Shin Hwa’s hands. Shin Hwa looked down at it and blushing slightly chuckled to himself. On the page was a picture of him, Tae Yeon and Ha Yeon. The three of them were drawn as stick figures and were suspended in the air (well Shin Hwa wasn’t sure if they were meant to be floating, or if Ha Yeon just hadn’t managed to draw them touching the floor) with a huge heart around them.

 

‘Wow, this is really good, Ha Yeonnie.’ Shin Hwa smiled. The little girl beamed back at him.

 

‘Oppa, can you bring me back some sea shells from the seaside?’ She asked. Shin Hwa nodded.

 

‘Of course I can.’

 

‘Ha Yeonnie, they need to do now, say goodbye to your Unnie and Oppa.’ Tae Yeon’s mother said. Ha Yeon pouted, and stepped back.

 

‘Bye bye.’ She sadly waved her little hand.

 

‘Bye, Ha Yeonnie.’ Tae Yeon waved to her sister, slipping in to the car.

 

‘Bub-bye.’ Shin Hwa waved, following Tae Yeon in to the car and slamming her door shut. They both waved as they drove off.

 

‘Now just to pick up Jun Young’ Shin Hwa’s mother sung from the driver’s seat. Shin Hwa frowned.

 

‘Is that your mum’s boyfriend?’ Tae Yeon whispered. Shin Hwa gave her a slight nod. She patted his upper arm in a comforting manner.

 

‘Maybe he’ll be really nice.’ She whispered to him. Shin Hwa shot her a doubtful look.

 

‘You guys are really going to like Jun Young. He’s so sweet, funny, -’

 

‘Mum. Taeyeon doesn’t want to hear you talking like a thirteen year old school girl.’ Shin Hwa butted in. His mother instantly stopped talking.

 

Taeyeon frowned. It looked like she wanted to say she didn’t mind. But she didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter