The Other Kim Yeon.

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a five minute walk to the small building where Tae Yeon’s little sister had her cornet lessons. On the side of the building was a rusted sign that read “Beautiful Melody Music Lessons”. Although the sign claimed the music would be beautiful, and melodious the loud disorganised honks coming from inside said otherwise. Shin Hwa turned to Tae Yeon with an amused look on his face. She let out a small laugh, and started rubbing her cheeks in an attempt to smother her smile.

 

‘Before we go in’ Tae Yeon started in a serious tone ‘just know that whatever you see in this building, no matter how bad, you just have to say it’s really good.’

 

‘What?’ Shin Hwa asked. His eyebrows shot up in a questioning way. Tae Yeon laughed.

 

‘You’ll work it out when we get in there.’ Tae Yeon replied. She lead the way in to a small waiting area where a huddle of mums, and dads were waiting for their children to finish their lessons. On the other side of the room, was the lesson. Around ten kids stood around a tall man who (like all the children) was holding a cornet.

 

‘Okay! Now lets play a low C.’ He ordered the class. Each one of the small children brought their cornets to their mouths, and frowned in concentration as they tried to make a noise. Some kids made horribly high pitched squeals, while others made noises that seemed to sound a lot like fart noises.

‘Good work, lets try again.’ The teacher praised. This time one or two of the kids actually hit the note, while the rest made the same annoyingly funny noises as they had the first time.

 

Tae Yeon was biting her lip hard. It seemed she was holding back a giggle. Shin Hwa suddenly realised what she had meant. No matter how bad the children’s musical skills were, they had to be praised, because at least they were trying.

 

The teacher declared the class was over, and all the children quickly ran over to their various waiting parents. Except one child, who seemed to be too absorbed in their cornet to move, and kept on trying to make the same note.

‘Ha Yeon, it’s time to leave now.’ The teacher told her in a soft tone. The child quickly looked up in surprise.

 

‘Really?’ The child asked with wide eyes.

 

From besides Shin Hwa, Tae Yeon laughed.

‘Only Ha Yeon would lose track of time so easily.’ She smiled, striding across the room proudly to the only child who was still sat down. Shin Hwa followed her over.

‘Ha Yeon, you were really awesome today. Well done, lets go for ice cream.’ Tae Yeon said smiling enthusiastically. But the little girl just pouted in reply.

 

‘But Unnie!’ The little girl whined. ‘I wanted to keep playing.’ She looked up, and pulled puppy dog eyes at her older sister as if that would change the fact her lesson was over. Tae Yeon rolled her eyes and laughed.

As Shin Hwa saw Ha Yeon’s face he couldn’t help but think that good genes ran strong in the Kim family. She had short hair cut in to a bob which was tucked behind her small pretty ears on both sides of her head. Her face was identical to Tae Yeon’s. If she was older, they could of easily passed as twins.

 

‘Well it’s time to go.’ Tae Yeon said, pulling the cornet softly out of her little sister’s hands. Her sister continued to pout. ‘Come on, you know you love ice cream; and look, I brought an Oppa for you to meet.’ Tae Yeon reached behind her, and pulled Shin Hwa a few steps forwards. He smiled nervously at the small child. As an only child he wasn’t used to younger children, or siblings; but he was going to try his hardest to impress the young girl; she was after all, Tae Yeon’s sister. How was he going to win over the older sister, if he couldn’t even impress the younger one?

 

‘Hi.’ He smiled nervously as Ha Yeon’s pretty oval eyes flickered over him.

 

‘Shin Hwa, this is Ha Yeon. Ha Yeon, this is Shin Hwa-Oppa.’ Tae Yeon introduced them. Ha Yeon politely lowered her head in a small bow, but she kept her curious eyes fixed on the older boy.

 

‘Are you Unnie’s friend?’ She asked. Shin Hwa nodded slowly. Ha Yeon nodded too. She was concentrating on Shin Hwa so much she didn’t even notice as Tae Yeon snook her cornet away from her, and back in to its large case. ‘He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter