Gram

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometime later they arrived at his grandparent’s house in Seungeon. Both pairs of his grandparents lived in the small town, but it would be his mother’s parents house that they were to sleep in.

 

‘Hi Song! Shin Hwa!’ A elderly lady burst out the house. Her gray hair was pulled up in to a tight bun which strands of hair were already escaping from. She wore a long grey skirt, a large multicoloured jumper with a Christmas apron pulled over the top. She wore that apron all year round.

 

‘It’s been so long! Hi Song-ie you look far too skinny,’ Shin Hwa’s grandmother pulled his mother in to a tight hug.

 

‘Mom! I’m not even that skinny!’ Shin Hwa’s mother moaned like she was a teenager again. Jun Young chuckled endearingly.

 

‘And Shin Hwa! You’re so tall! Come inside, I’ve got lots of food for my growing boy,’ his grandmother pinched his cheeks. He turned deep red.

 

At that moment his grandmother seemed to noticed Jun Young and Tae Yeon, and the sparkle in her eye turned brighter. The idea of having more people to feed until they were ready to throw up was obviously thrilling to her.

 

‘And who might these lovely people be?’

 

Shin Hwa’s mother Hi Song rolled her eyes. ‘Mom! Do you ever listen? I told you we were bringing my boyfriend - Jun Young - and Shin Hwa’s friend with us,’ she blushed as she said the boyfriend. Shin Hwa was far too aware that Jun Young was still looking at his mother adoringly.

 

‘Such a handsome face!’ Shin Hwa’s grandmother shrieked in excitement. She looked like a puppy on crack. Her entire wrinkled body was shaking in excitement. ‘Will there be more Shin Hwa’s on the way? He was such a cute baby once he got past that stage when he liked to pee on everything-’

 

‘Gram!’ Shin Hwa yelled, Tae Yeon laughed.

 

‘I always thought Shin Hee would make a good name for another boy! Or Shin Na for a girl? Very pretty, right?’ She asked Jun Young, not leaving him time to reply before she continued with her rant. ‘It would be good if you could give birth in November this time, I do love having a newborn around for Christmas-’

 

‘Mom you’ve never had a newborn at Christmas.’

 

‘But I like the idea, anyway as much as I’d love another boy I wouldn’t mind a granddaughter. Either a very girly one so we could go to the hairdressers and get matching perms or a tom boyish one so we could dig in the fields together-’

 

‘Mom you don’t have a field!’

 

‘I could buy one. Anyway, yes, you’re very handsome, Jun Young, you look very fer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter