Art Class Part 1

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After his ice cream with the Kim girls, Shin Hwa had gone home to his empty house. His mother didn’t get in until eleven, at which point he was hiding in his room. He wanted his mum to be happy, but seeing her happy because of a man who wasn’t his father wasn’t really something he wanted to see.

The next morning when he woke up he got ready for school as slowly as possible so he would have to spend as little time with his mother before school as possible. He didn’t want to hear a single detail about her date.

 

‘Sweetie, we’re going to be late!’ His mother’s voice shouted up the stairs.

 

‘Just a minute!’ Shin Hwa shouted, booting up his computer to check facebook. He hadn’t checked facebook in ages. As he logged on, he found himself with several friend requests. Tae Yeon had sent him one; Pany had surprisingly sent him one too. But there where more friend requests from people he didn’t know at all. Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, were all names he didn’t recognised, but for some reason they wanted to be his facebook friend. They weren’t the only ones either. There where more too.

 

‘Sweetie, we really need to go!’ Shin Hwa’s mother shouted again. He sighed and shut the lid of the laptop, and slowly made his way downstairs.

 

‘You’ll have to eat in the car. I made you toast.’ His mother passed him two slices of toast as they walked out the house.

 

‘Thanks.’ Shin Hwa mumbled. He suddenly felt guilty about hiding from her. They got in the car and drove off quickly towards Tae Yeon’s house. Like normal, just as they pulled up the front door opened like normal, and out ran an half-ready Tae Yeon who had to stop so her mum could brush her hair while she applied her bb cream. From behind them, out of the house ran Ha Yeon. She jogged up to the car, and knocked on the car window that was closet to Shin Hwa. He quickly rolled down the window.

 

‘Hey, Ha Yeonnie!’ Shin Hwa smiled at the little girl.

 

‘Oppa, I made you cupcakes as a thank you for the ice cream.’ Ha Yeon pushed a tupper-wear box through the window frame. Shin Hwa quickly took the box. Through the see through lid he could see she’d put strawberries on top of the cakes, along with strawberry pink icing.

 

‘Aww, you didn’t have to.’ Shin Hwa responded, sticking his arm through the window to her hair. Ha Yeon smiled, just as her sister ran up to the car.

 

‘Bye, mum! Bye, Ha Yeon!’ Tae Yeon yelled, giving Ha Yeon a quick hug before lightly pushing her out the way so she could climb in to the car. To her to her seat she had to climb over Shin Hwa. He averted his eyes; trying to do the gentlemanly thing in the situation.

 

‘Hello!’ Tae Yeon brightly greeted his mother. Shin Hwa’s mother smiled at her as she started the engine. Ha Yeon took a few steps back and waved to her sister, and Shin Hwa as they drove off.

 

‘Hello. Was that your sister? She’s very cute.’ Shin Hwa’s mother said. Tae Yeon nodded. ‘How did she meet Shin Hwa?’

 

‘We all went out for ice cream yesterday.’ Tae Yeon replied. Shin Hwa’s mother peered curiously in to the mirror.

 

‘Really? Shin Hwa, you didn’t mention it.’

 

‘Because, mother, you were on a date, and didn’t come home until I was in bed.’ Shin Hwa said in a rude tone. He felt instantly ashamed as him mother got a guilty look on her face. Tae Yeon pretended to look out the window. It seemed she didn’t want to intrude on the awkward situation.

 

‘Are you going to dance class tonight?’ His mother asked, changing the subject. Shin Hwa nodded. ‘I’ll cancel my date tonight to drive you then.’ She said.

 

‘You have another date tonight?’ Shin Hwa exclaimed.

 

‘I don’t any more. I’m going to cancel it to drive you.’ Shin Hwa’s mother replied simply.

 

‘My mum can drive him.’ Tae Yeon said in a quiet voice. Shin Hwa turned to look at her quickly. She was avoiding his gaze. Shin Hwa’s mother beamed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter