Kimbap.

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning of school passed in the blink of an eye... or at least it did to Shin Hwa, who’s emotions were turbulently flickering between angry that his mother had a date, and over joyed that he got to spend the afternoon alone with the goddess Kim Tae Yeon.

 

As the bell rung, signally the beginning of lunch, Shin Hwa slowly trudged along side Woon Ha, wishing he could be heading towards Tae Yeon’s lunch table outside in the glorious autumn chill, rather than the classroom he normally ate in, inside in the dull stuffy school.

 

‘What’s up, man?’ Woon Ha asked, noticing the depressed look on Shin Hwa’s face. He sighed.

 

‘Life.’ He slouched his shoulders. Woon Ha went silent. He wasn’t used to having to deal with an upset Shin Hwa, because Shin Hwa was very simply rarely upset.

Shin Hwa didn’t feel like explaining exactly what was wrong, so he just proceeded to walk in the classroom, and sit down at the desk he normally ate at.

He mindlessly glanced out the window, to try and see if Tae Yeon was sat outside. She wasn’t. But Pany was stood, directly in his line of sight. Her hands where on her hips, and she was staring right at him. She point at him, and then moved her finger, signalling that he should come downstairs. Shin Hwa shook his head. He had sat down, and he really didn’t want to move. Especially when Tae Yeon wasn’t even going to be waiting for him. Pany glared at him, and pointed away from her. Shin Hwa squinted in the direction she was pointing in. Tae Yeon was approaching her. Shin Hwa quickly grabbed his bag.

 

‘Guys, I’ll see you later.’ He told his friends before running off. He started walking slowly once he got outside. He didn’t want to look desperate in front of Tae Yeon. As he approached the table, he couldn’t help but wonder why Pany had called him down.

 

‘Goldfish Killer!’ Tae Yeon smiled. Shin Hwa smiled back. Every single time she greeted him sent butterflies swarming in his stomach.

 

‘Hello.’ He grinned, hesitantly taking a seat on the slightly damp picnic bench. Pany quickly leaned across the table.

 

‘So I heard you’re going in to the city centre after school, with Tae Yeon. What for?’ She asked suspiciously. Shin Hwa quickly glanced at Tae Yeon. She shook her head. She hadn’t told Pany about Shin Hwa’s mum.

 

‘Just to hang out.’ Shin Hwa replied. Pany’s eyes flickered between him and Tae Yeon suspiciously.

 

‘If you where just going to hang out, then I would be allowed to come. But Tae Yeon says I can’t.’ Pany snapped. Her eyes narrowed suspiciously on Shin Hwa.

 

‘Pany, just leave it.’ Tae Yeon said in a calm voice. She opened a lunch box, containing prettily placed kimbap.

 

‘Just let me come.’ Pany suddenly turned towards Tae Yeon and whined. Shin Hwa held back a laugh. This was definitely a new side of her.

 

‘You can’t come!’ Tae Yeon replied in a similarly whiny tone.

 

‘Why?’ Pany whined back. She pouted, trying to turn on the aegyo. ‘I don’t have anything to do!’

Tae Yeon scoffed.

 

‘You just said you need to finish your textiles project.’ Tae Yeon rolled her eyes.

 

‘That’s boring! I want to go out!’ Pany whined. Tae Yeon frowned, and grabbed a kimbap, popping it in to Pany’s pouting mouth.

 

‘Tough, you can’t.’ Tae Yeon replied. ‘Fish Killer, do you want one?’ She asked Shin Hwa. He shook his head.

 

‘I’m fine, thanks.’ He said. Tae Yeon didn’t seem to want to take no for an answer. She grabbed her chopsticks and used one of them to pick up one of the kimbaps. She held it in front of Shin Hwa’s face.

He felt his cheeks turn red as he opened his mouth. Tae Yeon quickly placed the kimbap in his mouth, before pulling away her hand. Shin Hwa’s lips tingled where her chopsticks had touched. Those chopsticks had been in too. It was almost a second hand kiss.

However this exchange only seemed to make Pany more suspicious. She quickly chewed up her kimbap before opening again to speak.

 

‘It’s a date isn’t it? That’s why I can’t come.’ She demanded, glancing between the two people sat with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter