Lovable.

My Dork, Kim Tae Yeon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Mum, can you give me a lift over to the Jeonju community centre?’ Shin Hwa asked as he helped his mother clear the dishes off the table after dinner. His mum looked up at him with a surprised look on her face.

 

‘Why?’

 

‘I’m joining a dance class.’ Shin Hwa said, trying to push the embarrassment out of his expression. His mother’s mouth dropped open.

 

‘Are you serious?’ His mother asked, dropped open in surprise.

 

‘Unfortunately.’ Shin Hwa said in a grave tone, which seemed to confuse his mother even more.

 

‘But... you can’t dance.’ Shin Hwa’s mother said.

 

‘I know, but can you please take me anyway?’ Shin Hwa clasped his hands together in a begging motion.

 

‘Um... sure....’ His mother said hesitantly.

 

‘Thanks.’ Shin Hwa grinned as images of Tae Yeon ran through his mind. ‘I’m going to get changed first.’ He said running off to put on some sports clothes.

 

‘At least it’s not drugs.’ He heard his mother mutter under her breath as he went upstairs. Shin Hwa laughed. His mother was often funny with out meaning to be. Shin Hwa quickly got dressed in a t-shirt, green zip up sport jacket, and navy jogging bottoms before running back downstairs to where his mother was waiting with her car keys in hand.

 

The two of them got in the car, and set off towards the community centre.

‘So why the sudden interest in dance?’ His mother asked as they stopped at a traffic light. Shin Hwa looked at his mother for a second. At home it was just him and his mum. His dad had died a long time ago, and he didn’t have any brothers or sisters. So he was very close with his mum, and tended to tell her everything. Although that didn’t include anything about Kim Tae Yeon.

 

‘It’s that girl you like isn’t it? She goes to dance classes there, right?’ His mum suddenly asked.

 

Shin Hwa’s mouth dropped open. ‘How did you know?’

 

‘Yong Ki told me last time he was over when you went to the bathroom.’ Shin Hwa’s mum said, turning the corner in the car. Shin Hwa felt his face heating up.

 

‘I’m going to kill that guy.’ Shin Hwa mumbled under his breath. His mother grinned, and squeezed his arm quickly while they drove.

 

‘Omo, my little boy’s growing up.’ She cooed as they pulled up in to the car park of the community centre.

 

‘Mum!’ Shin Hwa said in an embarrassed tone. His mum laughed.

 

Standing outside the community centre was Tae Yeon and Pany who were clearly waiting for Shin Hwa. Both of them where dressed in cropped jogging bottoms, and cotton t-shirts. Tae Yeon had baby blue trousers, and white top and Pany had light pink jogging bottoms and a light pink top.

‘It’s one of them isn’t it?’ Shin Hwa’s mum peered out of the car. ‘Blue or pink trousers?’ She asked.

 

‘Mum don’t be embarrassing.’ Shin Hwa whined.

 

‘Tell me or I wont pick you up.’ Shin Hwa’s mother said childishly.

 

‘Blue. Come at nine to get me.’ Shin Hwa quickly opened the door.

 

‘Come and get me, please.’ Shin Hwa’s mother corrected him.

 

‘Please. Bye.’ Shin Hwa closed the car door, and quickly jogged over to Pany and Tae Yeon.

 

Tae Yeon grinned and waved as she saw Shin Hwa coming. He grinned back, as his heart raced.

 

‘Hey! Fish killer!’ Tae Yeon said. She smiled radiantly. Her hair was tied up in a ballerina bun, which only seemed to highlight her beautiful face. Shin Hwa gulped as he stopped next to her.

 

‘Hey.’ He grinned back, trying to look calm and cool. Pany looked at him suspiciously. It seemed she hadn’t expected him to actually turn up.

 

‘Ready to dance?’ Tae Yeon said. She suddenly lunged forwards, stretching out her leg muscles. Both Pany, and Shin Hwa started laughing loudly.

 

‘Tae-Tae, what are you doing?’ Pany asked rolling her eyes.

 

‘Stretching.’ Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter