Chapter VII

Terror in the Woods

A large commotion was heard in the distance by the members as they picked up and cleaned their trash from the afternoon adventure.  They were getting ready to head back to the bus.  "What was that!!" several of the members stated. "That was Ryewook!!!" Eunhyuk yelled.  All of the members stopped what they were doing.  The sound came from a dense part of the forest.  It sounded like an animal was attacking. They could distinctively hear both Ryewook and Kangin yelling and fighting back.

"Hurry, we need to help them." Heechul shouted over the men.  The 10 members gather together and moved toward the direction of the sound.  Some had picked up sticks and rocks in case they had to defend themselves against what ever was attacking.   

They arrived at the clearing where the temple had stood, they were horrified by the site.  There was splatters of blood and pieces of torn clothing everywhere.  Leeteuk slowly walked into the site and notice a piece of canvas.  "This is from Kangin's army backpack.  Whatever did this must be really strong!" Leetuek confirmed.  As the group slowly moved in, Kibum noticed drag marks on the far end of the temple clearing heading toward the trees.  "Over here!" he shouted. "I bet we find them if we follow these marks."

The others did what Kibum suggested and they soon came upon a very large tree in the forest.  On the trunk of the tree, they could see nail marks and blood going up the tree. Through the branches, the boys saw what looked like a very large den made of twigs and vines.  It looked like it had been there a very long time.  From the den, they could hear whimpering and .   "It dragged them up there!" Siwon stated, "We need to get up there and and bring them down".

Since Siwon and Sungmin were the most athletic, they both volunteered to climb up the tree   Some of the members had brought climbing ropes in case they went rock climbing.  They attached one end to Siwon and Sangmin and the other end they threw over large branches in an effort to secure the boys on their climb.  Slowly Siwon and Sangmin climbed up the tree.  After a few minutes, they reached the den.  They peered inside and were shocked by the sight.  Kangin was unconscious with deep gashes across his chest and arms.   It looked that he had been in a fight with something, something big and strong.  Ryewook was sitting at the edge of the next, eyes glazed. He too was bloody and cut up.  Both Siwon and Sungmin called out to him, but Ryewook was paralyzed from fear.  Sungmin and Siwon cautiously climbed into the den.  Sungmin approached Kangin as Siwon walked toward Ryewook.  

"Ryewook!.  Hey, Ryewook, its me!" Siwon called.  After a few shakes and calling his name, Ryewook finally reacted.  "HYUNG!!!! I think he is dead! Please help him!" Ryewook answered alarmed.  "He is alive." Sungmin stated after checking Kangin, "but he is hurt."  "We will need to figure out a way to get you both down."  By now, Ryewook's wits had finally come back.  "We need to hurry before he comes back!!" Ryewook said in a panic.  "HE? A man did this?" both Siwon and Sungmin asked.  Before Ryewook could answer, a large rustle was heard in the branches above. 

Before Siwon could react, he felt a smack across his face knocking him off his feet. The last thing he remembered before he out was a growl and a figure moving toward Sungmin.

The members below saw a figure fly across the branches toward the den.  A huge thud was heard and yelling that seemed to come from Sungmin.  During this time, the den and tree shook violently. Suddenly all went quiet.  

Moo Young was winded.  It took everything he had to get across the tree line toward the den and then subdue the two men that had entered it. The little bit of nutrition that he had taken from Ryewook and Kangmin was not nearly enough to restore his energy.  His centuries old fast had depleted him of all his strength.  It would take a lot more than just blood to get him into fighting condition, he would need flesh. 

Bringing down the tall one was easy.  Moo Young had the element of surprise on his side, but the second one!.  That was more difficult than he had expected.  The young compact man reacted instantly once he heard Moo Young attack Siwon and he was ready for a fight.  It was obvious he had been trained in combat techniques.  At one point, Moo Young felt he would never bring him down.  The only thing that saved him was when the young man became distracted when one of his friends called out his name and he moved toward him.  "That empathy!!! That is what gets these humans every time.  The love and care they have for one another."  Moo Young stated under his breath.  As soon as Sungmin moved toward Kangin, Moo Young kicked him and knocked him down.

Moo Young was exhausted but he did not have time to rest.  The others were below and he was sure they had heard everything.  Soon they would be coming up.  He was positive that he would not be able to handle all of them at once, not in his condition.  Moo Young quickly secured the three unconscious men with vines he ripped from the trees around him.  As for Ryewook who was still awake, he quickly bit him and drained him of more blood to render him unconscious.

Heechul and Leeteuk, upon sensing something was wrong, quickly began climbing the tree.  The others soon followed. Moo Young began to panic.  He heard the movement coming up from below and he knew he needed to make a decision, either face them or hide.  A part of Moo Young thought he could stand his ground and overpower them.  He quickly dismissed that notion, blaming it on the recent sense of euphoria he felt from drinking human blood.   "But if I leave now, I will lose all this food." Moo Young thought greedily as he looked over the four young men unconscious before him. "No, they are mine and no one can take them away from me.".

The members quickly reached the den and carefully peered over the edge.  What they saw was frightening.  There was Ryewook, Kangin, Siwon and Sungmin bloody and bound, all laying in a heap in the center of the den.  Above them stood what seemed to be a man, but........