Chapter XIII

Terror in the Woods

Moo Young was in terrible pain. He looked down at his wound. It was worse then he initially expected, much worse. He knew that he would eventually heal, but it was going to take a long time. For a couple of centuries, Moo Young had been living on mere scraps, taking down small rodents for sustenance.  This had taken a tremendous toll on his body.  He had thought that by merely drinking human blood would bring his body back to where he had been when he was in his prime.  He was very mistaken.  The damage that his sparse diet and hermit life had caused was extensive. "It is going to take more then sipping blood from these men to get me well.  I need more, much more." he thought to himself.  "I need to consume flesh in order to survive."  He was determined to keep at least one of the boys no matter what.  He knew that only by eating flesh would he be able to get some of his strength that he had lost.  He hatched a plan in his head to take one of them as they were moving the injured out.  "They will be distracted caring for the injured.  I will create enough of a commotion that I will be able to take one of them."  Moo Young whispered to himself. 

The members started walking into the woods toward the general direction of the wailing they had heard earlier.  "I think we should go this way." Eunhyuk stated, "I am positive I heard the sound coming from here."  A few of the other members thought it came from another direction.  In order to cover more ground, the group separated making sure that they were within eyesight of each other should the beast appear.  "If you hear or see anything, send out a signal.  We will all come right away." Leeteuk instructed the members.  They agreed on the plan and split up. 

Moo Young was trying his best to deal with his wound when he suddenly stiffened up. "Oh no, they are coming.". He quickly moved higher up into the trees and listened carefully.  "We need catch to him and kill him before he can get out of the forest." Moo Young heard one of the members comment. He did not expect this. This completely changed his plan. He was no longer the attacker. Moo Young was now on the defensive. He was now the prey. He had to think fast. 

Moo Young decided to follow a few of the members in order to learn of their plans. From their discussion, Moo Young found out that the injured members had been left behind at the foot of his den.

Moo Young began to think of a plan.